Poll: Do you think it's fair that hunters have so much ranged mobility?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Assuming the damage is balanced over a reasonable period of time (which is a pretty basic design goal for a talent row like this), I would take stampede on a fight that needs a really big surge of damage once or twice, or that has a big damage buff/debuff for a limited time. Maybe also in a single target fight I expect to last about 5:30 (so you get to take advantage of ending the fight with it on maximum cooldown). But yeah, thinking about it in terms of this tier I might have used it over blink strikes and the new AMOC on 1 or 2 fights at most.

But really, that's okay. I'm fine with a damage talent row that has 1 solid ability with a unique hook, 1 passive that works as a standby for times when a fight mechanic contraindicates the first talent, and 1 niche ability you'll only take once in a while.

Or as Littlepinch says, you can just use a different talent because you like the playstyle more (or dislike the other), and for a lot of people that will be fine. You have to rely on blizzard to get the tuning close to right in order to not be losing a lot of damage, but hopefully they've learned their lesson at least a little from lynx rush.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2014-09-08 at 02:02 PM.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyderi View Post
    Are you fucking serious? Are you really, really serious? Cobra and Steady do garbage damage. Forcing us to stop to cast them is 1) completely and utterly retarded, and 2) would neuter us in PvP. Every knockback would interrupt our sole source of focus outside of one shitty talent and our shitty passive regen. Every fucking time we move our dps would drop to 0 after 2 shots. Do you really, really, reeeeeaaaaallly want Blizzard to compensate for the lack of mobility with MORE damage? I think you're just spouting uneducated bullshit because you're mad about whatever mobility nerfs your class got. Hell, if you'd ever played a hunter you wouldn't be bitching like a little crybaby.

And as for Aimed Shot. We're master fucking marksmen. Of course we can shoot and boot at the same time. Get over it.
    I'm almost regretting taking actual time to reply to such a sad response but okay.

Cobra and Steady do garbage damage. Forcing us to stop to cast them is 1) completely and utterly retarded, and 2) would neuter us in PvP
    They're also your source of focus regen, which makes up for the low amount of damage the shot does. You should stop and cast them, just like you did back in every expansion before Mists. Also, it really wouldn't as Hunters did just absolutely fine during PvP when they had to stand still to cast shots from 2004 to 2012.

Every knockback would interrupt our sole source of focus outside of one shitty talent and our shitty passive regen. Every fucking time we move our dps would drop to 0 after 2 shots.
    Hunters don't suffer from cast-time pushback, so I'm assuming you're referring to knockback spells, which just in case you're unaware, were put on a significant DR.

Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Area knockback effects now all share a diminishing return category. After a player has been moved by one of these spells, the player will be immune for 10 seconds.

It really isn't the threat you're making it out to be. In addition, each spec has its own passives for recovering additional focus outside of the passive regen and the regen from casted shots. Your DPS is not, and will never be 0 while moving. Auto-shot still happens, instants still happen, pet damage still happens.

Do you really, really, reeeeeaaaaallly want Blizzard to compensate for the lack of mobility with MORE damage?
    I have no issue with Hunters getting damage adjustments to compensate for losing their casted shots on the move. It's really the proper thing to do.

I think you're just spouting uneducated bullshit because you're mad about whatever mobility nerfs your class got. Hell, if you'd ever played a hunter you wouldn't be bitching like a little crybaby.
    The only person here "bitching like a little crybaby" is you. Your reply is horribly thought out, rather uneducated (0 dps while moving, Hunters non-viable in all aspects before MoP luls) and really makes me question your mental stability. I understand that people defend their main's class to the ends of the earth, no matter how broken it is, but you don't need to get so emotional over this. Additionally, I'm fine with the mobility nerfs ranged classes have received, including my main Warlock. I played her long before this whole casting-while-moving thing happened, and I'll still do just fine without KJC and Fel Flame come WoD. And yes, I do have two Hunters I currently play, and have played one since mid-Wrath.

And as for Aimed Shot. We're master fucking marksmen. Of course we can shoot and boot at the same time. Get over it.
    No, this is perhaps the absolute worst offender. Aside from that, Marksmen already have Master Marksmen (though apparently that's going away or something), they don't need to cast such a hard hitting ability while moving. It's absurd.

Next time you think about replying to me, take the time to actually write a constructive post instead of a childish one, thank you.

I'm just going to assume Kanariya is a troll since he thinks it's okay to completely negate a class's resource regeneration to the point that it would effectively destroy the class. With fervor removed we are limited to Dire Beast for any actual focus gains not dependent on Steady/Cobra/Focusing. Please go play a hunter before you start crying for nerfs, Kannypoo.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    No, it's rather broken to be honest. Hunters have enough instants in the form of damage, utility and CC to where it is not justifiable in any way for them to be able to cast their cast-time shots on the move. This is both for PvP and PvE. Aimed Shot, Steady Shot and Cobra Shot should go back to rooting the Hunter as they did all the way until Cata implented Aspect of the Fox. At least with that, there was a large damage trade off for utility.

But auto-shot and instants are enough for on the move. There should be a drop in DPS while moving, just like every single other class has to deal with, and "class flavor/identity/uniqueness" is no excuse for this.
    Hunter's pretty much need mobility cause they are limited due to focus. Give mana back, and you won't have this issue.

Deleted
    Yeah.

Hunters have a lot of aoe cc...not.
    Hunters have a lot of burst...not.
    Hunters have a lot of defenses...not.
    Hunters have a lot of self heals...not.

The hilarious part is s/he mentioned Hunters being "fine" even back in BC, which they were NOT, that alone proves you have no clue what the hell you're talking about, Kanariya. You had to simply be a better player than other classes in BC or they had to screw up, especially if you played Skillherald Mace Specced Warriors, Warriors and Rogues in general, SL/SL locks, and the list goes on.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2014-09-08 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    1. Most likely.
    2. Most likely not, but we can fly out or port away or w/e.
    Fly out, lol. Nice one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    I'm almost regretting taking actual time to reply to such a sad response but okay.
    What do you want from us?

"Oh hey you're right Kanariya, this is broken. I will go delete my hunter right now."

"Oh hey you're right Kanariya, this is broken. I will somehow cause Blizzard to drastically alter the class per your specifications even though I don't work there."

"Oh hey you're right Kanariya, this is broken. We're clearly all inferior to you for using such a crutch of a class."

What exactly are you looking for from us?

Nothing will come of anything said here. If the OP wants action he/she will whine about it on the official forums. Good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their mobility is fine, they just have too much CC to go with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Their mobility is fine, they just have too much CC to go with it.

What?

Let's see. Hunters in WoD get freezing and ice trap, which share a cooldown. We get concussive shot that is just a slow. We also get one CC talent tier that consists of Wyvern Sting, which iirc has a cast time on beta. Binding Shot requires forethought in placement and is considered a magical ability that can be immuned out of easily. Then we have Intimidation, which has a longer cd than Binding and is relatively awful compared to the rest of the tier. The only benefit Intimidation has is you don't need LoS, but it relies on shitty pet AI. Oh and let's not forget narrow escape.

How is this too much CC? 7 possible forms of CC, 4 of which are entirely dependent upon talent choices. Concussive is hardly CC as it is simply a slow, same with non-SV Ice Trap. That leaves Freezing trap, narrow escape if you picked it, and one ability from the Tier 2 talents. How is it OP to have 3 non-exclusive forms of CC? Warlocks have fears and stuns. Mages have roots and stuns. Druids have roots and stuns. Everyone has at least 2 or 3 forms of CC that don't share a CD with something else.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

10+ Year Old Account
    Just the name of the class should be obvious enough that we have insane mobility. Hunters..hunting...mobility...killing things with arrows/bullets..mobility..idk to me they go hand in hand. To each their own of course
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then