Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    How can anyone still not understand the obvious implications here? Clearly the Horde as a whole has a slightly better pool of players more often than not, but those bigger maps are horribly imbalanced in Alliance favor by design. People can try to deny that all they want, it is pretty much a fact and those imbalances have been explained numerous times.
    Agreed. Its amazing how some people r trying to deny the obvious conclusions from this data.

Its pure comedy how some posters on this thread are making extreme conclusions that Horde players are somehow mentally deficient. The truth is that the mental capacity of both Horde and Alliance is the same.... therefore the skill of both factions is also the same.

The vast majority of BGs are very nicely balanced, Blizzard has done a fantastic job on design. But there are a couple of glaring issues with a few of the maps. And its here that Blizzard need to do a little work.

U dont get a 90% swing in a factions favour due to the players themselves, its glaring proof that something is wrong and needs fixing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    IOC is not imbalanced at all. It is as perfectly balanced as you can get.
    really?

I challenge u to get to Docks before Alliance are already on the flag from Horde side at the start.

Feel free to post the video here.

Deleted
    Video? Proof? What are they? This thread is for people with madeup theories we can't have those kind of things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    That makes no sense, blacklisting is the reason we have bots, you can't have them both as reason to explain the phenomenon, it just doesn't work that way. Your claim is flawed at the roots, you guys are just denying proven things while showing literally zero evidence to your claims. Noone here has done any reasonable show of proof expect my side. We have proof of everything we have said, you "argument" is "lol they dont' count because i said so rofllolol".
    Blacklisting isn't the reason we have bots. Bots will always be there. Blacklisting is the reason bots get funneled into 2 select BG's. But even so, bots are *not the only reason* that those BG's are always lost. They are always lost because the experienced PVP'ers all blacklist them. Therefore, the players that ARE in there (that are not bots) are inherently less skilled than the other faction (who is not blacklisting them). Why is this so hard to understand?

All it took to start the snowball rolling was a *tiny* perception that horde had a disadvantage in these two. The fact that it wasn't true didn't matter. It caused people to start blacklisting them (experienced PVP'ers first). The more people blacklist them, the more the average skill of the faction blacklisting them drops. Meanwhile, the other faction isn't blacklisting them and doesn't have this issue.

Blacklisting NEEDS to be removed. It is the worst thing ever to happen to battlegrounds. If they remove it along with call to arms, things will equalize. It will take time but it'll happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    really?

I challenge u to get to Docks before Alliance are already on the flag from Horde side at the start.

Feel free to post the video here.
    Well, it was doable with rocket-boots and feather fall, but idk if recent changes have wrecked that yet or not. It just makes your point though - if it takes not-quite-exploits to beat the other side to that flag, the BG isn't perfectly equal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Blacklisting isn't the reason we have bots. Bots will always be there. Blacklisting is the reason bots get funneled into 2 select BG's. But even so, bots are *not the only reason* that those BG's are always lost. They are always lost because the experienced PVP'ers all blacklist them. Therefore, the players that ARE in there (that are not bots) are inherently less skilled than the other faction (who is not blacklisting them). Why is this so hard to understand?

All it took to start the snowball rolling was a *tiny* perception that horde had a disadvantage in these two. The fact that it wasn't true didn't matter. It caused people to start blacklisting them (experienced PVP'ers first). The more people blacklist them, the more the average skill of the faction blacklisting them drops. Meanwhile, the other faction isn't blacklisting them and doesn't have this issue.

Blacklisting NEEDS to be removed. It is the worst thing ever to happen to battlegrounds. If they remove it along with call to arms, things will equalize. It will take time but it'll happen.
    Bull. IoC might level out, eventually, (although it does have the slight imbalance around the docks v. hangar) but AV will just become a chorus of "hurry up and lose" because losing quickly is > honor per hour than trying to win and failing, by a huge margin. (And AV is tilted in a number of smaller ways that add up.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    What? In AV, you can guarantee that you engage the enemy.

For example, I ensure the horde has a hard time capping SH bunker when I play there. Not because of archers , but because I get there and kill them as they dribble in. If I get killed, I get rezzed at SH GY and interfere with IW B, or I get rezzed back north and go defend DB.

This sort of defense is something you rarely see on the horde side. It's a big reason why alliance zergs so often win: they aren't pure zergs, but have a significant defense component.

Sometimes, when I really want mass PvE in AV, I convince people to defend Balinda. Last time I did this we got a reverse turtle with the horde bottled up south of Tower Point. Good times (and someone on the team got the AV Allstar achievement.)
    If the Alliance don't defend the towers before they burn, a single rogue can literally turn the game around. Unfortunately for Horde (and for rogues on D), the Ally "collective memory" has them just sitting in the tops and spamming AoE. Which is where the difference on bunkers v. towers comes in. There's no "sit in the little hut and spam AoE on yourself" option for Horde. You try doing that in a bunker and you're vulnerable to ranged and knockback blasting you to a different level. With just a little bit of care in positioning, Alliance doesn't have to worry about that.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    but AV will just become a chorus of "hurry up and lose" because losing quickly is > honor per hour than trying to win and failing, by a huge margin.
    I am interested in what the new reward scheme will do to AV in WoD. You get loot boxes of increasing value depending on performance. Maybe they can make the performance metric smart enough to inhibit the "lose fast" mentality.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Anybody campaigning for AV and IoC changes so that they don't favor Alliance should then expect nerfs for horde in every single other battleground.

Personally I think the Twin Peaks positions are just ridiculous, can we make them level so that the horde can't just slowfall off of our base?
    Call me Cassandra

Maybe this is a necro, but yet one more thing I found interesting about this thread is the assertion that glaives are how a team wins IoC. Glaives are how random PUG BG players might win IoC. Any premade will tend to run either of two strategies: a kill farm by letting enemy take every node on map including the GY in the fort so that they can be farmed at that specific GY, or a hangar/bomb running strategy. Please note that those strategies can be run by either side. Docks doesn't matter. Workshop doesn't matter. Kill farm or hangar. That's it.

It's very obvious in almost every reply to this thread, except my own and a few others, that people haven't even one clue how to win BGs.