Floating Combat Text - How can I consolidate/merge attack total damage?

So I've been searching for a reasonable answer to this question in my class forums, WoW forums, and addon forums, but I haven't yet come across an answer. With WoD around the corner, number spam is just getting ridiculously out of hand on my Paladin and I'm looking for a way to merge damage sources generated from a single attack. Right now, when I press templar's verdict...

Templar's Verdict damage appears
    Hand of Light for Templar's Verdict appears
    Seal of Truth appears.
    All of those numbers potentially multi-strike twice and further appear on my screen.

So no matter if I use Mik's, SCT, Parrot, or default Floating Combat text, I'm looking at up to 9 numbers on my screen from a single attack button. At the same time I have Censure ticking its DoT and auto-attack also generating up to 6 numbers at a time per hit. It has made my damage values essentially unreadable whenever I have high multi-strike and whenever I use an attack on my Ret that is affected by Mastery.

Has anyone figured out a way to merge these numbers so that when I use say, Templar's Verdict, all that pops up on the screen is the total damage (IE: one number?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruiizu View Post
    Snip
    I don't think an addon like that exists
    I mean it's probably doable but it wouldn't be easy it would need to somehow take the numbers in a duration say 0.5 seconds or 2 seconds or some kind of interval then display it which would just look weird and not display at the right time, Just use a combat text addon that displays it better

I used to use xCT

That appears off to the side of your character by default but has a huge amount of customization available.
    completely modifiable with the ability to seperate dots/crits/non crits etc and with the spell icon it helps

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    I don't think an addon like that exists
    I mean it's probably doable but it wouldn't be easy it would need to somehow take the numbers in a duration say 0.5 seconds or 2 seconds or some kind of interval then display it which would just look weird and not display at the right time, Just use a combat text addon that displays it better

I used to use xCT

That appears off to the side of your character by default but has a huge amount of customization available.
    completely modifiable with the ability to seperate dots/crits/non crits etc and with the spell icon it helps
    Yeah I use Mik's but when there are so many numbers popping up, it becomes unhelpful info. It's almost at the point of just turning off my on screen damage. Only thing I hate about things like Mik's is that the numbers don't come from the target I'm doing damage to (makes me tend to prefer Outgoing to come from default UI).

Still looking for a solution though. Solution might be to contact an addon author or learn it myself, but was really hoping a solution already existed, especially now that numbers occur simultaneously rather than with a slight delay.

So I've been searching for a reasonable answer to this question in my class forums, WoW forums, and addon forums, but I haven't yet come across an answer. With WoD around the corner, number spam is just getting ridiculously out of hand on my Paladin and I'm looking for a way to merge damage sources generated from a single attack. Right now, when I press templar's verdict...

Templar's Verdict damage appears
    Hand of Light for Templar's Verdict appears
    Seal of Truth appears.
    All of those numbers potentially multi-strike twice and further appear on my screen.

So no matter if I use Mik's, SCT, Parrot, or default Floating Combat text, I'm looking at up to 9 numbers on my screen from a single attack button. At the same time I have Censure ticking its DoT and auto-attack also generating up to 6 numbers at a time per hit. It has made my damage values essentially unreadable whenever I have high multi-strike and whenever I use an attack on my Ret that is affected by Mastery.

Has anyone figured out a way to merge these numbers so that when I use say, Templar's Verdict, all that pops up on the screen is the total damage (IE: one number?)
    YES, I have the same problem on my enhancement shaman, which is arguably even worse. Storm Strike has a main hand and a off-hand attack and both might trigger a lightning shield. So what I have been experimenting with, is to build my own combat tracker with weakauras. Now, I'm not 100% finished and there are still some performance problems. (I think I know why I do have them, just need to rewrite some parts.) And obviously it's for my shaman not for a paladin, but take a look at this:

Turn them off? I have yet to come across a case where it's remotely useful in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Turn them off? I have yet to come across a case where it's remotely useful in combat.
    It's especially helpful in PvP to see how much damage each attack round is actually doing because that information helps determine key things like if I'm not hitting the target hard for whatever reason, if I'm not properly behind the target, etc.

Infus, what you're doing is kind of interesting, but it's probably a little too small for me. It's closer down the line to what I want though: all damage from a single attack round showing up as one. It's probably one of the advantages casters without DoTs/lots of DoTs have: you know how much each attack is doing.

I haven't gone in depth into all damage abilities but have you tried using the spam control options in MSBT? There is a box for merged swings and throttle time for DoTs. I don't think it can merge every single damage source, but it might help alleviate most of the duplicate ones.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-09-09 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I use Mik's but when there are so many numbers popping up, it becomes unhelpful info. It's almost at the point of just turning off my on screen damage. Only thing I hate about things like Mik's is that the numbers don't come from the target I'm doing damage to (makes me tend to prefer Outgoing to come from default UI).

Still looking for a solution though. Solution might be to contact an addon author or learn it myself, but was really hoping a solution already existed, especially now that numbers occur simultaneously rather than with a slight delay.
    Turn certain numbers off, I know personally as a tank I turned off outgoing and incoming heals as there is seriously no need for them, I know how big my heals usually are and I can still tell when I need to be defencive or what ever by just being aware of my surroundings UI/raidframes.

Just turn off what you don't need, you play a ret pally so you can turn off DoT numbers since they're weak anyway and you can just check Recount/Skada afterwards a lot of numbers are purely for epeen purposes

Infus, what you're doing is kind of interesting, but it's probably a little too small for me. It's closer down the line to what I want though: all damage from a single attack round showing up as one. It's probably one of the advantages casters without DoTs/lots of DoTs have: you know how much each attack is doing.
    Changing how it looks like is relatively easy. Making it bigger is easy. I'm almost finished on the part that parses the combat events and combines all data. Once that is working, I do plan on experimenting with different visualizations. Displaying the data as bars (without any animations) was just the easiest to implement. The original concept I had in mind looked more like a standard scrolling combat log with numbers flying from the center to the side.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's especially helpful in PvP to see how much damage each attack round is actually doing because that information helps determine key things like if I'm not hitting the target hard for whatever reason, if I'm not properly behind the target, etc.

You should be able to determine whether you're attacking the right position with out numbers lol what, just look at your position. Also your procs and cds are tracked via buffs so you should be able to manage shit that way. Displayed numbers is almost purely for epeen

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    You should be able to determine whether you're attacking the right position with out numbers lol what, just look at your position. Also your procs and cds are tracked via buffs so you should be able to manage shit that way. Displayed numbers is almost purely for epeen
    Having DoTs off does help, but that also disables Execution Sentence unfortunately. Honestly I have to say I don't agree: one of the biggest things the addons fail to deliver in addition to what I'm trying to figure out (combined damage) is on-target damage. I've yet to see something like Miks, Parrot, SCT, etc have a "display damage at target" option.

I guess I'm wondering if it's even possible, because I don't see any such addons out there.

I guess I'm wondering if it's even possible, because I don't see any such addons out there.
    Afaik, that's not possible for addons.

Deleted
    The fix i used to remove multistrikes was to raise the dmg threshold imo it works great but if you want to see your auto attacks as well that wont work for you.