Thread: insane finally

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine a few years ago and the best tactic is:

Go insane for a few days, chain work on it till it's done.

Get your rest and eat healthy, but consider it a level up race

That or plan it ahead, let's say you do it in a month. Write down a schedule and follow it, that way you know it will simply happen in certain days.

Now a days is extremely easy to achieve with all this online thingies to group up, and you have the Darkmoon fair rep pretty much for free, unless you don't want to wait.

Not trying to devalue the achievement, I myself am very proud of having it done. But in the end the whole thing can be easily done in about 2 weeks. 1 week if you do it all day, which most of us probably can't for several reasons. But all in all it's not that bad. It's just a matter of motivating yourself to the most mindless series of grinds the game has to offer. There are grinder MMOs out there that only consist of such tasks without end.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Gratz on one more pointless achievement. It is like all those mounts, they got hundreds of mounts already and then pay big bucks or are "exited" when mount 7491 comes along... I used to feel the same though, but after 7 years, hundreds of pets and mounts I start to fail to find the motivation for "oh great, look, another one"..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    Gratz on one more pointless achievement. It is like all those mounts, they got hundreds of mounts already and then pay big bucks or are "exited" when mount 7491 comes along... I used to feel the same though, but after 7 years, hundreds of pets and mounts I start to fail to find the motivation for "oh great, look, another one"..
    It's a game, everything you'll ever do in it is pointless apart from the enjoyment derived, singling out one aspect as somehow more pointless than the rest is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Hahaha, that's the hardest part. Recently finished mine after leaving it for 5 months, those lockboxes don't actually take that long, it's just mindnumbingly boring.

Grats OP.
    I disagree, it was both short and not that boring compared to killing the freaking pirates in tanaris. I got everything at exalted, but those, but 8 hours of farming those on my priest? so far I've delayed it for over a year
    Last edited by Quibble; 2014-09-23 at 09:40 AM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

10+ Year Old Account
    Working tentatively on this achievement...

... can't make myself dump all my Cartel rep..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Working tentatively on this achievement...

... can't make myself dump all my Cartel rep..
    You need to just do it
    I went from no progress to only needing DMF in the span of 4 days. Just no-life it next weekend :O

i've been on Ravenholdt forever. Havent been bothered leveling yet another rogue, as i have 3 already but on diff realms.

I'll do it though, eventually...

I prefer the mindless grinds over reps that are gated by dailies or whatever. I've got everything done but Ravenholdt (which is 1/3 through Revered) and DMF, but I won't be able to max out DMF for another two months, so the urgency is much less than it was when I first started. I wish there was a faster way to get DMF.

Deleted
    Gz! I'm at it right now, too. But I think in the end I will have no motivation to do Ravenhold - too costly to buy it, and my rogue is on another server. So I'd either have to borrow a rogue from a friend, or level one myself.
    But probably I'll have a little more motivation when my other reputations are finished. I'm now pushing a lot on my monk (got ~20 reputations to exalted in the past few weeks), and I should finish MC next week, Frenzyheart in ~2 weeks, some others (Ogri'La, Firelands, ...) in ~3. I already have Bloodsail/DMF exalted, and am pushing the Steamwheedle Cartel now, trying to get 5k+ rep each day per faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshya View Post
    I prefer the mindless grinds over reps that are gated by dailies or whatever. I've got everything done but Ravenholdt (which is 1/3 through Revered) and DMF, but I won't be able to max out DMF for another two months, so the urgency is much less than it was when I first started. I wish there was a faster way to get DMF.

There is. Get decks done.