Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Id rather not have another anthromorphic race put into the game. I am cool With Tauren because they are minotaur and a staple of high fantasy. Worgen are essentially were wolves and that is fine too. Beyond that over stylized anthromorphic races need to just go away because they truly feel like the developers stopped trying to be creative.

I am still hoping to see Vrykul as a playable race cause WoW needs a race of playable semi-giants
    yep because Humans, small Humans, smaller Humans and metrosexual Humans is not enough so we need big Humans over another anthropomorphic animals.

High Elfs are coming to the Alliance sometime sooner or later. It's only a matter of time. People are too invested in them not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    lol this has to be a joke.
    Comparing minotaurs and werewolves to bouncy fat piece of shit pandas. Two of those have been part of fantasy settings for a pretty long time and one of them is just a shitty fursona for some fat guy and his kid.
    Werebears, your entire rant has just been debunked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Id rather not have another anthromorphic race put into the game. I am cool With Tauren because they are minotaur and a staple of high fantasy. Worgen are essentially were wolves and that is fine too. Beyond that over stylized anthromorphic races need to just go away because they truly feel like the developers stopped trying to be creative.

I am still hoping to see Vrykul as a playable race cause WoW needs a race of playable semi-giants
    That doesn't make sense.... why wouldn't they create new races like the Arakkoa (Bird races have been in fantasy themes for a long time now) playable? That doesn't show a lack of creativity at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeSlayer View Post
    Werebears, your entire rant has just been debunked.
    Are you trying to claim that pandaren or furbolgs are werebears? Because I have yet to see any sort of neat transformation like the worgens get. All I saw were shitty beer jokes and fortune cookie wisdom.

I don't think either of those races are werebears. Even trying to label a pandaren as a werebear is an insult to lycanthropes everywhere.
    Last edited by Tech Priest Bojangles; 2014-09-20 at 04:02 AM.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    Are you trying to claim that pandaren or furbolgs are werebears? Because I have yet to see any sort of neat transformation like the worgens get. All I saw were shitty beer jokes and fortune cookie wisdom.

I don't think either of those races are werebears. Even trying to label a pandaren as a werebear is a disgrace to lycanthropes everywhere.
    The fact that a form similar to that of werebears (Both Furbolgs and Pandaren) exist in the game should be good enough. They can't steal every little detail from other fantasy titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

As others have said. They need to come up with something new and original and most importantly for me RELEVANT TO THE STORY.

Why on earth should the Furbolgs suddenly emerge as a playable race?. Because YOLO?

Imo, i'd much rather a logical step to be sub races like forest trolls, or earthen dwarves...even playable High Elves for the Alliance, Manari Eredar for the Horde etc, inb4 blah blah Manari are evil burning legion, im sure like the current playable Death Knights, a group of enlightened Eredar can get together and realise what they are doing is wrong and join the Horde etc.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Furbolgs and pandaren are like trolls and NEs, practically the same except one is savage looking

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    If I had to choose I'd definitely want High Elves over Furbolg...
    Given a choice just between those two - I'd agree. The HElfs have a ready made story waiting for it - creating their new nation, uniting the factions, choosing a leader - while the Furbolgs main storyline (corruption) is already amalgamated into the NElfs story (but could be expanded with a definite cure). other than that, they are both members of the Alliance, albeit both through other members, they are both of a racial type already represented, and they both fill much, if not all, of the criteria of a main race.

But it's not just between those two.

EJL

Why not something different? The Mountain Giants have been allies of the Night Elves for a long time, why not something more... elemental? Golem or Earthen maybe? They don't have to look like the current models, maybe there are more "humanoid" versions that are just deep underground. There are plenty of planes of existence out there in the Warcraft universe to pull unique races from. Heck, what if there are some demon out there who aren't aligned with the legion? It would fit like the Blood Elves do in the Horde, an alliance out of necessity. It would make as much sense as Naga or Satyr.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WyvernVJ View Post
    I'd rather have another elf race (high elves) than more animalistic races. Although, i truly hope one day Blizz adds a new dragon-like race (ala D&D's Dragonborn) and have it be neutral to be fair with both factions.
    I personally don't think neutrality really worked that well. It was an interesting experiment with the Pandaren, but if keeping faction identity means developing two sets of models - one per faction - anyway, there isn't really much point.

Drakonid could work as a race though. However - most probably wouldn't want the blacks and only the Bronzes would true neutrals.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    If I could choose between the fish, bear, seal and bird i'd go for the seal. Still, WoW is becoming a zoo if they add more animals as playable race.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    If I could choose between the fish, bear, seal and bird i'd go for the seal. Still, WoW is becoming a zoo if they add more animals as playable race.
    So another hairless primate race then? But tuskarr would be a pretty decent neutral race. I'd totally role tuskarr druid/Death knight......a saber-tooth fishing cat and a polar bear

Fuck no they're ugly as shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be one of the worst choices possible as a player race. Them and sorry ass high elves. How about some thing new and intriguing. Not another bear man, no more elves.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    Why not something different? The Mountain Giants have been allies of the Night Elves for a long time, why not something more... elemental? Golem or Earthen maybe? They don't have to look like the current models, maybe there are more "humanoid" versions that are just deep underground. There are plenty of planes of existence out there in the Warcraft universe to pull unique races from. Heck, what if there are some demon out there who aren't aligned with the legion? It would fit like the Blood Elves do in the Horde, an alliance out of necessity. It would make as much sense as Naga or Satyr.
    These are some very creative and awesome ideas, Charo.

The possibility of seeing any of them is probably slim to none, but damn they'd be unique and fun to boot. I just know Blizzard will go with another elf race or "no new race this expansion folks, but Demon Hunters are now playable!"