Deleted

Buy to change class to another class?

A friend was talking to me that this system exists?`i only know about character boost, not paying to change a hunter to a warrior etc? or maybe he read wrong... ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I, and most likely many others, have thought of this idea, and neither do I understand why this has not yet been implemented as a pay system by Blizzard (no, it does not exist). This definitely looks as though it could work, and it would probably receive some attention. Wonder if we'll ever see it in the future?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, this system doesn't excist and shouldn't. Sorry to burst your bubble. Only thing close if for you go make an alt and boost it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

you can change you race/faction though.

Deleted
    Class change makes little sense as it is. What about class specific items and/or achievements or mounts?

Say you class change from paladin to something else, what about your paladin-only mounts then?

It just makes no sense with paid character boost allowing you to make any high-level class you want.

blizzard would make a killing i dont understand why they cant do this unless your race is not applicable to a class they could charge 99 dollars for it and tons of people would still pay.

You can just boost another character to 90 though?
    Why change an existing? Titles, mounts, pets and achievements are account wide, plus none of your gear would work anyway.

All the existing systems really just allow people to play with their friends, if a poor decision has left them on the wrong faction/wrong server or too many levels before. Race change is a side effect of faction change being available.

A class change does not alter your ability to play with friends (etc), so there is no reason for it to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, this system doesn't excist and shouldn't. Sorry to burst your bubble. Only thing close if for you go make an alt and boost it.
    Why this should not exist? Bored of played warrior and want to switch to a fully geared rogue with your fully geared warrior GO ON CLASS CHANGE. 60$.

Lol, I can't even imagine this feature...

This would be insanely complicated. Which gear would you receive? Logically, you'd get equivalent ilvl gear, but which pieces? A warrior to mage for example: would you get that crit haste staff? or the mastery hit staff (i realise hit is gone)? You know what I mean?

I doubt they'd let you choose, and the sheer amount of variables in the change is too damn high.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbeorn View Post
    This would be insanely complicated. Which gear would you receive? Logically, you'd get equivalent ilvl gear, but which pieces? A warrior to mage for example: would you get that crit haste staff? or the mastery hit staff (i realise hit is gone)? You know what I mean?

I doubt they'd let you choose, and the sheer amount of variables in the change is too damn high.
    Two ways to handle it.

First, you can class change, but you receive the cursory gear that you get when you boost a character, or perhaps a full set of timeless gear. Second, have a turn in system where you can turn in ilevel equivalent gear for same ilevel, but the stats may not be the most efficient.

Both systems allow you to change, for a price, but the additional cost of more or less having to regear in some manner provides an additional investment. Forces you to think about the decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneth View Post
    Two ways to handle it.

First, you can class change, but you receive the cursory gear that you get when you boost a character, or perhaps a full set of timeless gear. Second, have a turn in system where you can turn in ilevel equivalent gear for same ilevel, but the stats may not be the most efficient.

Both systems allow you to change, for a price, but the additional cost of more or less having to regear in some manner provides an additional investment. Forces you to think about the decision.
    Sounds like a lot of work, and even if they do offer it, I would imagine it would be around the price of a boost anyway. The first option you proposed seems a lot more easier to implement, but at that point you might as well just boost a new toon and keep your original.

Character boost seems like more than enough to cover this feature to me, but my personal view is if there's a class you want to play at max level there's no reason you can't suck it up and put the effort into getting it there. Leveling is still very much part of the game.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa