Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm feeling a light 11 to a strong 20 on this one. Model updates... forever.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're pretty incredible. For a long time I wondered when we'd get WoW2 and now it feels like it's here with WoD and the new models.

I actually think the Horde races are far better than alliance.

Overall I like what they did but I dislike the changes they did to most running animations (with no reason to do so) and really hate that they completely changed the posture of the female orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnome looks absolutely atrocious, the meanface one looks like utter trash and is obviously incomplete but knowing Blizz that's probably the finished product. Hope I'm wrong lol. Mohawk suddenly has hair sticking out on the sides which looks horrible, and my frown has completely disappeared. Needless to say if this goes live I will not use new models when playing my main unless there is some good helms and lezbhonest it is rare to find a good looking helm lol, 99% of the time I have it not displayed.

They say they wanted to retain the originality of characters with the new models but that is such a blatant lie, a lot of them are completely different with totally changed personalities.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2014-09-18 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    Dorkyfaces, sameface, skin details and animations changing the characters personalites all eat into the little they improved.
    Given all the years of time and the big hype they received, they feel incomplete and unfinished. Now would you not compare them to the old models, it is hard to find anything to be excited about. Maybe 5 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, for me at least its a love hate thing... I hate the bow legged run of male orcs, faces are fine.. but that run... I do love the new human males... no more stick in the ass as they run...gg blizz... oh and the foxtail anime hairstyle on human males looks far less anime-ish... anothe gg blizz.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

DECENT Tier
    Male Dwarves
    Female Draenei

YEAH I GUESS THEY'RE FINE Tier
    Undead

BLECH Tier
    Everyone else

WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO Tier
    Human males

Male humans look like dopey cavemen. Even moreso than before. They're pretty terrible.
    A lot of the animations also kind of bother me. Like the male night elves run animation is really bouncy now and it's really jarring.

On the macro-level: A couple of the hair/face options are still pretty different than their vanilla counterparts, which is somewhat upsetting, and a few of the race's facial animations are very over-dramatic if not downright overanimated.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with them -- more excited to see the blood elves and if they'll go back and touch up worgen and goblins too. thought it'll be wierd seeing the old models in prerendered cutscenes (wrathgate, LK, hopping onto Deathwing's spine, etc.)

I've had a run around on my brothers beta account, and overall... the change doesn't really feel that much of a big deal. How good they look is subjective and not the point I am trying to make. I was surprised at how easy all these new character models around me seemed to just blend in. I was expecting to be completely gobsmacked by a change like this to WoW, and I wasn't.

Extremely disappointing. There's no customization at all, just a few preset faces. They all have the same painted on shadows, the same body types, the same everything.

Having a hard time telling the new ones from the old ones in many cases, they really didn't do that much.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Humans look terrible. I wish most of my characters weren't human but I'm not paying $25 to change their race.

Some are good some others are not so good overall its going to be hard to getting use to looking at something new when it use to look a certain way for so many years but the old Models were ugly and old no doubts about it and half the time your zoomed far out and cant see your character anyway so It doesnt really matter. I just hope they never replace the sounds the characters make the grunts when they attack or take damage I love My undead grunts they sound like evil geniuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Concerned about the Human and Undead Facial options.
    The noses for Humans seem very different in many cases and the Undead are missing some classic options, it seems.

As it's a work in progress, I'm concerned but optomistic.