Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Did you read the other parts of my post?

It still either trivializes the achievement, or makes playing both factions mandatory for whoever is into mounts. And Blizzard has to add another step for 300 mounts to make collecting relevant again. And you have to get them even though you can't use them on your main.

Really, it's nothing but clunky consequences and a bad idea all the way...
    It's 54 extra mounts. Boo hoo. Just over a fifth of the achievement. Plus as I said, everyone can do it. If you cared that much, you'd do it. Not a disadvantage in any way, shape or form. Rather than looking at as omg now other people can get it too, why not look at it as an opportunity to get more mounts that you don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    No you will not. I had this issue occur in Cata. I faction changed and had to buy all the mounts because I had never gotten them for horde. I even asked a GM about it and they told me it was working as intended.
    Funny, because when I faction changed from Horde to Alliance I kept all of my mounts with the related mounts converting to their Alliance equivalent. Sounds like your transfer messed up.

- - - Updated - - -

It's 54 extra mounts. Boo hoo. Just over a fifth of the achievement. Plus as I said, everyone can do it. If you cared that much, you'd do it. Not a disadvantage in any way, shape or form. Rather than looking at as omg now other people can get it too, why not look at it as an opportunity to get more mounts that you don't have.
    Because it's not really more mounts we don't have, it's double counting.

Why is this even being discussed still?
    On ptr only your faction specific mounts are counted.
    Stop dreaming, both factions wont count.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Funny, because when I faction changed from Horde to Alliance I kept all of my mounts with the related mounts converting to their Alliance equivalent. Sounds like your transfer messed up.
    Did you ever play an Alliance Character prior to this transfer and have those mounts? I can confirm that how Rabblexthree stated is how it works. I went through the same thing. It's not a matter of the transfer messing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's not really more mounts we don't have, it's double counting.
    No it didn't mess up. I had never bought the mounts for horde at on any character, so I did not have them. I had the wolves but none of the others. This was because I had played an Orc before and gotten the wolves. The GM told me it was working as intended so...

It is not double counting. The wolf =\= the horse.

It doesn't matter because it would seem they won't count. If this is the case then Blizzard should leave shit alone and not change it because it only leads to angst in the community. I do not want to see 250 mounts in the mount journal if I only have 215 that give credit for the achievement.

1. We just moved from 200 to 250! 54 mounts is the whole new achievement, dammit!

2. I don't need to do it, I have them. Well, most of them, I didn't do the Argent tourney twice.

3. I'm not against other people getting it. This is not the right way. I'd love it if collecting mounts was more mainstream, because it would ultimately mean more content for us collectors. And to do that they should do stuff like making rare drops more reliable to obtain, remove or reduce mind numbing grinds (like the Argent tourney), add back the removed mounts (and not as enormous gold sinks), increase the spawn rate of TLPD and its ilk, even add an in game currency that works on the mount shop! These are the things that make most people not want to collect mounts, you know, the daunting, obnoxious gameplay (or lack thereof) that I may put up with because I am dedicated to my hobby, but in most cases can recognize as bad (especially as it moves into old content). Cross faction is both easy and obnoxious, worst of both worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by srathgar View Post
    Rather than mounts that are faction specific im more curious about paladin mounts.
    Blood elf, Tauren, Dranei, Human, Dwarf(?) all got different paladin mounts.
    So if you want them all you gotta lvl 4-5 paladins? 0,o
    4... not 5, you'd have to level 4. Human and Dwarf share the same mount model for Paladins.
    Last edited by Sketchy; 2014-09-18 at 03:39 PM.

It doesn't matter because it would seem they won't count. If this is the case then Blizzard should leave shit alone and not change it because it only leads to angst in the community. I do not want to see 250 mounts in the mount journal if I only have 215 that give credit for the achievement.
    I can agree with you here. Back in Cata the battlenet mount tab used to show everything as well, and collectors had it changed because it was confusing.

I would still like to know if the other factions' mounts are a filtering option or they're an integral part of how the mount journal works.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    3... you'd have to level 3. Human and Dwarf share the same mount model for Paladins.
    Blood Elves have their own Pally mount too. The Thalassian Warhorse. So there would be four.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

1. We just moved from 200 to 250! 54 mounts is the whole new achievement, dammit!

2. I don't need to do it, I have them. Well, most of them, I didn't do the Argent tourney twice.

3. I'm not against other people getting it. This is not the right way. I'd love it if collecting mounts was more mainstream, because it would ultimately mean more content for us collectors. And to do that they should do stuff like making rare drops more reliable to obtain, remove or reduce mind numbing grinds (like the Argent tourney), add back the removed mounts (and not as enormous gold sinks), increase the spawn rate of TLPD and its ilk, even add an in game currency that works on the mount shop! These are the things that make most people not want to collect mounts, you know, the daunting, obnoxious gameplay (or lack thereof) that I may put up with because I am dedicated to my hobby, but in most cases can recognize as bad (especially as it moves into old content). Cross faction is both easy and obnoxious, worst of both worlds.
    Like I said it looks as if it won't count towards the total. This annoys me only because now when I look at the mount book I will see 250 and only have 215 or so counting towards the mount. This is extremely annoying because certain classes have access to 2 mounts other classes do not. When I first saw this I assumed it was a planned way to make it equal across the board. Nope, just Blizzard being Blizzard again and doing shit that makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

I can agree with you here. Back in Cata the battlenet mount tab used to show everything as well, and collectors had it changed because it was confusing.

I would still like to know if the other factions' mounts are a filtering option or they're an integral part of how the mount journal works.
    On the PTR the only filter was for collected and not collected. It still has all the unusable mounts, in red, in your list.

On the PTR the only filter was for collected and not collected. It still has all the unusable mounts, in red, in your list.
    Maybe all the filters aren't fully implemented then.

I know I'd hate it too if it showed all the mounts and there was no way around it. Because of the wrong count, and because red, unusable mounts are a pointless and annoying thing to have in my collection (profession mounts are the exception, since you can still use them if you switch profs).

No it didn't mess up. I had never bought the mounts for horde at on any character, so I did not have them. I had the wolves but none of the others. This was because I had played an Orc before and gotten the wolves. The GM told me it was working as intended so...
    I seriously don't know what else to tell you. I never bought any of the Alliance rep faction mounts when I transferred from Horde so either my transfer or yours was bugged.

It is not double counting. The wolf =\= the horse.
    It is double counting as they serve the same purpose for balancing mount totals between factions. Human mounts get balanced by Orc, Gnome with Tauren, Worgen with Goblin, and whatever the other racial pairs are.

If they are supposed to be distinct mounts then you should not be able to use mounts such as Black War Mammoth cross-faction until you get both versions of the mount.

I imagine that the opposite faction mounts will stop showing up in your journal when it goes live, just like when this was an issue for the 200 mount achievement.

Deleted
    Those with less than 250 mounts need to accept that you aren't getting the achievement in 6.0. Deal with it.

The exact same thing happened on the PTR when the 200 mount achievement was implemented, they counted ALL mounts.

Can someone tweet the relevant person to get an official answer, it seems common sense is not winning here.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    Did you ever play an Alliance Character prior to this transfer and have those mounts? I can confirm that how Rabblexthree stated is how it works. I went through the same thing. It's not a matter of the transfer messing up.
    I can confirm a level 20 character will have ALL the alliance versions of your horde mounts bar argent tournament, as of 5.4. This wasn't a transfer so no chance of bugging.

If this changes for some strange reason goes live this time, then the mount achievement should be pushed up to at least 300 to compensate (or all of them should be pushed up), as otherwise adding this achievement at 250 is completely redundant.

We already get a reward for playing when 6.0 hits...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Will in WoD the mount list count the other faction mounts you collected too? Because you can see both in the list on the beta.
    So i was wondering if they also count then for the achievement of mount collecting?
    Info for this is found in the official beta notes under mount journal.

"Mount Journal
    •Entries in the Mount Journal now have a description and information on where or how the mount can be obtained.
    •Mount Journal now lists all mounts that have been collected on the account. Ones that the character is unable to use will be displayed in red.
    •Players can now designate a mount as favorite, placing it at the top of the collected mounts list.
    •Summon Random Favorite Mount has been added, randomly summoning a mount that’s usable for the area from the favorites list.
    •All flying mounts are now able to be used as a ground mount in areas that do not allow flying."

Being beta this could always change, but highly doubt it. Not sure how the counting works out, but achievement says mounts collected and not mounts collected on your faction. On live I have 235 mounts and on the PTR I have 284 mounts with 8 of those being ones I don't actually own. Yet it still gave me the achievement and mount so until it goes live it is hard to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was thinking to faction change for first time ever and they always held me back that i lose mounts and reputation then.
    so if i dont lose my mounts and can keep on collecting on 177 instead of like 150 then that would give me a boost to move to horde for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?