Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Can someone on Beta help me out with a bloodbath question?

Hey guys! So I'm curious about bloodbath when it comes to fury: would it be better to pool bloodsurge, raging blows, storm bolts, and maybe even sudden deaths for bloodbath, or is it better to just hit bloodbath on CD regardless of how much rage/how many abilities or procs you have? Just curious, because without CS I like the idea of saving things for bloodbath, but I don't want to be doing it if it's a dps loss :3
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

Game is in open PTR now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know, but I have no way to track DPS. I was under the impression that those in Beta did?
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

You can get a version of Skada that works on the PTR as well as the beta. I can't post a link yet because of post count, but just google 'skada wod'. It's on wowinterface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks man!

Recount (MOP version) works on the Beta/PTR too, PTR/Beta is basically the same thing aside from the content you have available to you.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Other option is to just record logs and upload them. More accurate than recount or skada.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Other option is to just record logs and upload them. More accurate than recount or skada.
    But that's pretty impractical and more time consuming, "more accurate" is also questionable.. Since that would imply that either of those are inaccurate, which they are not. I've never seen World of Logs differ from Recount or Skada unless you're down to the arguement of which way is the best way to calculate a "dps" figure from this data.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    But that's pretty impractical and more time consuming, "more accurate" is also questionable.. Since that would imply that either of those are inaccurate, which they are not. I've never seen World of Logs differ from Recount or Skada unless you're down to the arguement of which way is the best way to calculate a "dps" figure from this data.

Please show me a skada version that shows you your buff/debuff uptimes or allows you to check what abilities were cast while Bloodbath is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Please show me a skada version that shows you your buff/debuff uptimes or allows you to check what abilities were cast while Bloodbath is active.
    Accuracy and detail are two different things. You're confusing them.

F'realsies though, anyone have an idea as to the answer to the question instead of just running in irrelevant circles? I'd assume on CD as is usually the case and was the case when we had CS, was rarely if ever worth delaying stuff more than a few globals even if it meant getting it inside a CS window. Similar to BS I'd think.