Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Please, everyone here, who supports or doesn't care about removal of things ( I won't say content because people get really sensitve here and say that it is not content or w/e. That is NOT the point. ). Be it Challenge Mode dungeons, Legendary Quest, Heirlooms, it doesn't matter what it is, and whether it is content or not.

Tomorrow is my 18th birthday ( No fucking joking! ). I got my first and only ( yet ) PC for my 10th birthday and have been playing WoW ever since. So yeah, I've been playing WoW for 8 years now. Well, not exactly playing ( not all the time at least ). I had my own methods of playing. Now I know that some of those methods are illegal but nobody can blame me for loving this game so much and finding a way to play it, even if it is illegal. Oh, did I forget to mention? I haven't been able to afford playing WoW during all those 8 years? I come from Bulgaria which is quite a poor country, and my family is poor even by Bulgarian standards. My parents are working 12-18 hours a day just so we could have food every day. I am not asking for advice, I am not asking for sympathy. I am just stating facts about my financial conditions. The least I could do to help them is paying my internet with my own scholarship ( which is pretty much the same amount, so I have nothing left when I pay it after each month ).

But I have plans for my own future. Just after a year or so, after I've finished high school and worked to save up some money, I plan to go abroad to live, work and study ( same order of priority ). And if everything works out fine, I will be able to afford a new PC ( so I wouldn't have to play WoW and other games with 5 FPS anymore and so I could excercise my computer arts skill as that is what I want to do ) and also I should be able to afford paying subscription and buying expansions so I could play retail WoW.

Just one more year and I will finally be able to. This, along with a few other goals/dreams/ambitions/desires, has been my drive during the past few years now. That one day, I will be able to live an at least average-quality life and that I will have the time and resources to spend on my favourite hobbies ( WoW, mountain hiking and other things ).

And do you know what I feel now? Disappointment. Frustration. Anger. Maybe even despair ( though it might be a little bit exaggarated ).

I've been playing this game for 8 years ( I know I already said it ), and I've always said that I will forever be a fan of this game. Even my Skype name says it. I showed the game to all of my friends and soon, the whole town was playing it. But eventually, all of them stopped playing. Some after 1 year, other after 2, third stopped after 3. It doesn't matter. They all told me, every single one of them told me that I TOO will eventually get bored of the game. Be it out of stubborness or because I really love the game, here I am still playing the game after 8 years!

( Not to the point, this is the important part of this whole wall of text. For those that only read the "TL;DR" )

And now, when I am so close to finally having the chance to play the real game, just a year or so away, I see so many things that I wanted to get eventually removed. I was playing in the WoD beta ( Thanks to the guy that lent me his key! ) and I was LOVING IT! when I saw that announcement... About Pandaria CM rewards becoming unobtainable in 6.0 patch. I really love the Paladin one and since I was ( and still am ) planning to main Retribution Paladin in WoD, I really wanted to get it. But... Who fucking cares? Whatever I say now is meaningless. EVEN IF Blizzard just by chance saw this post of mine, they still wouldn't change their plans, it's too late anyway. But let me ask this ( this question is pointed at the players who support removal of CMs and other things AND to Blizzard as well if by chance they saw my post ), HOW DID I DESERVE NOT BEING GIVEN EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE TO EARN SOMETHING THAT I WANT TO HAVE SO BADLY IN THE GAME?

And now the Legendary Quest and Cloak as well. I really wanted to have the CM set on my Paladin along with the cloak and Argent Crusader's Tabard. I don't give the slightest fuck that so many people have this same set. I don't want to be a special snowflake. Because some people told me "Meh, everyone has that set anyway, too many pallly rangers, no need for more." and this really pissed me off. I don't care if I look like every other Paladin in the game. It's enough for me to like the way my own character looks. Because my character's image is my biggest concern in the game. If my character doesn't look awesome and shiny, I can't play it. Maybe one of the reasons I love Paladins so much. And even if I can't transmog it at level 100 because it is Legendary, I can still put it on while doing things such as Fishing, Cooking, Digging for artifacts, roleplaying, riding/flying around on my awesome mount around this awesome world ( or two ).

And that's not all. There are heirlooms as well. Surely, they can be obtained via Darkmoon Tickets and Champion's Seals, but both of those methods are dreadfully grindy and boring to me. Not that farming HC Dungeons for JP is that fun, but at least it is fast and I get quite a lot of gold while doing it. Darkmoon Isle is an awesome place with a lot of potential but the dailies there are simply not my kind of fun. The Argent Tournament is a rather more entertaining method in my opinion, but it would be an overkill to have to farm it for months to get all Tabards, Mounts, Pets AND then Heirlooms too. And actually, at the moment, as far as I know the Argent Tournament and Darkmoon Isle don't have the level 1-85 Heirlooms or the 80-85 upgrades.

Nobody can convince me that removing things from the game has more pros than cons. Certainly, some players get to feel special, but for people like me that would gladly throw money at Blizzard if only I had any in the first place, it feels like a punishment for not having the chance to play. It's like a double punishment. Not only am I not able to play my favourite game that I love so much, but on top of that, even when I am finally able to one day, I won't be able to get half of the awesome things that have been added to the game throughout the years.

Keep in mind that these words come out from the mouth of a calm and peaceful person by nature. And also an eternal WoW fan and addict. I'm not a hater AT ALL. If you check some of my other posts on MMO-Champion you will see that I am actually one of the people that always defend anything that Blizzard does in WoW. I hope the message gets to the right people. I am not naive enough to think that the opinion of one single fan will change anything, especially this late, but it's about sending a message. And I will be copying this post from this MMO-Champion thread to the official WoW forums ( WoD Beta section as I only have access to it ).

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Anyone else perfectly fine with those things being removed? Also you complain there's been a year with no new content but you haven't done those yet, so not sure what to make of that. Doesn't make sense at all.
    Speaking personally I have 4 legendary cloaks so far - and I am a bit disappointed that I will not be able to get it on others. It's not the end of the world - but it does make me disappointed. I MAY be able to get this on my latest death knight but its unlikely. I am currently in the first week of my 3000 VP. I recently got an account on US servers to play with a friend so I couldn't do it before on this character. So they will get rid of the 3000 VP requirement when the pre-patch comes out - but then also get rid of the buff on runestones etc... so I will have around 4-5 weeks to get all the items needed without the buff - to get the cloak. I will probably attempt to do it - but suspect I wont manage. In my experience it has taken 2-4 weeks for each round of items to drop so I will probably be at something like 12 runestones when warlords drops.

I think its not needed for them to remove it. But if they were going to they could have said earlier - and they should keep the buff until warlords launch - not remove it with the pre-patch.

However... Its not the end of the world either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    HOW DID I DESERVE NOT BEING GIVEN EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE TO EARN SOMETHING THAT I WANT TO HAVE SO BADLY IN THE GAME?[/B]

Well, you know, I didn't commit a crime either that would have made me less deserving of a black battle bug from Ahn'Qiraj, but I wasn't playing at that time. And the yellow brewfest mug isn't in my feat of strength list either because I didn't care about that one as achievements hadn't been implemented until the WotLK pre-patch and I never thought I'd care about any of those things.

And I can't have any of the unique gear models from old Naxx anymore either because I never collected them, even though I was in that place several times during BC. And I'd want to add Atiesh to my collection of legendaries, but I never got any part of it and now I can't farm it anymore either because it's removed...

Times change. Things go away. New things are added. You'll get them. They'll get old and become a thing of the past. And new things will appear.

WoW Player: STOP posting shit complaining about every change Blizzard makes.

Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    You do realise that MoP gave a lot more than just CM's and a legendary quest? Right? And when you pay for an expansion, it's up to you to get your moneys worth from it, not wait until the next expansion to roflstomp it.
    Price & Content subject was brought up rightfully so. You pay $ to get expansion (and MoP won't suddenly become free expansion upon WoD release), which means all of the expansion's content. But what happens right now? People who will buy MoP later or start later will not get:
    1. 5.3 content.
    2. Legendary questline. I am not fan of lore, etc., but that questline is major and significant.
    3. Garrosh heirlooms drops.
    4. Brawlers' Guild. Yes, if you don't buy WoD, you won't have this MoP feature.
    5. No access to Challenge Modes (no matter how you'd do them - through boost, with same level-locked players or even try to solo it as some people already did).
    6. No UBRS.
    7. Pre-tainted Vale. Could be phased into tainted Vale upon completing 5.3....
    That's 7 points which just came to the head, I probably missed some. It means that MoP is becoming defected expansion. Still people are supposed to pay for it, while it will no longer worth the same money.

And finally someone answer me, wasn't 5.3 somewhat "roflstompable" when it was released, why they removed it by the next patch already? Who the f*** does that? It isn't like people sit with over a year of SoO with no new content. Having content draught and removing content same time - is the way to commit suicide for the game.

It isn't about the points. it is about having plain defected game. Brawler Guild is part of MoP, UBRS is part of Classic, etc. This dissection of game becomes way too old now, and people find ways to defend such a destructive approach. No, you won't die if someone 10 years later will get heirloom from Garrosh with 0.00001% drop !finally!. No, you won't die if someone 10 years later will complete lv90 Brawlers Guild encounters. But what you don't understand, is that game will die if people will lose motivation to do anything because things being removed on a whim with completely moronic approach (patch 5.3 - why?).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Why is it fair that level 100s will get the chance to faceroll Brawl Guild while people like myself accomplished it at a level that actually made it somewhat relative to awareness and skill? It's that exact reason that they're removing it come 6.0 and introducing a level 100 version when Warlords launches.
    To be honest they should just add one bit to achievements (current content flag) to show if achievements were done as current content (and so people can see which achieves they need to do as current content) Would also save them making feats of strength for raid tiers like ahead of the curve. Heck they could give extra rewards based on that flag (or no rewards if the flag is not set) if they wanted. And of course when people link their done achieves make it show up in.. say.. a gold colour for achieves done as current content and perhaps silverish for ones done as old content.

Would make things .. better.

Edit: This is not an opinion about wether they should or should not remove content, it is just a general fix for special snow flakes.

Deleted
    HOW DID I DESERVE NOT BEING GIVEN EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE TO EARN SOMETHING THAT I WANT TO HAVE SO BADLY IN THE GAME?
    Everyone was given a fair chance. If you wanted it "so badly", you would of used what little time you had in the game to get it.

I don't have the Scarab Lord mount, you don't see me pestering Blizzard to add it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Well, you know, I didn't commit a crime either that would have made me less deserving of a black battle bug from Ahn'Qiraj, but I wasn't playing at that time. And the yellow brewfest mug isn't in my feat of strength list either because I didn't care about that one as achievements hadn't been implemented until the WotLK pre-patch and I never thought I'd care about any of those things.

And I can't have any of the unique gear models from old Naxx anymore either because I never collected them, even though I was in that place several times during BC. And I'd want to add Atiesh to my collection of legendaries, but I never got any part of it and now I can't farm it anymore either because it's removed...

Times change. Things go away. New things are added. You'll get them. They'll get old and become a thing of the past. And new things will appear.
    Well, you know, nobody said you do. If you really, REALLY, want to have those items/achievements then I don't understand why you are not supporting me instead. But if you didn't care about those items back then and you don't care about them now, then I don't understand why you think that will change anything for me?

You didn't want the items. You HAD THE CHANCE to get them. You said it yourself. You were playing retail back then, you just didn't really care about those items. You could earn them if you wanted, you just didn't put effort into it.

Now go back to my post and read the part where I said that I am not able to afford playing the game. Nobody asked me if I wanted to play. I am simply enduring it. I have been enduring it for 8 years and 1-2 more years don't scare me at all. I am not a crybaby that will QQ because of it. I understand well that not everyone gets what they want. If you want something, work for it. But in my country, I can't work legally below the age of 18. So I can't make some money to buy WoW. And even then, I still worked illegally and saved up some money. But those money were spent on my education. I had to spend all of my savings on English exams so I could study in England. I thought "Fine, I will wait patiently. One day I will play WoW and get all the things I want."

Nope. I got "Nope'd"

I never had the chance to earn those items and now they are removed. Times change. Things go away. New things are added. I'll get them. They'll get old and become a thing of the past. And new things will appear again. And just because there is a cycle doesn't mean I will gladly accept it. These 18 years of life ( as little as they are ) have taught me one thing: If you don't agree with something and want it to change - CHANGE IT! And to change something, you need to first express the need for a chance. Blizzard isn't going to change anything that the players don't like unless the players tell Blizzard that they don't like it. No change will happen if you keep quiet and put up with it.

Everyone was given a fair chance. If you wanted it "so badly", you would of used what little time you had in the game to get it.
    Repeating myself, CRPGs (including MMOs) aren't about doing things while there is some "fair chance" before they are removed. CRPGs are about ongoing journey, where everyone goes at whatever pace they prefer. And where many want to re-experience content on different character (re-experience! not to rush to max level asap to raid).

If someone wants "exclusivity" "so badly", they could find it in some other game genres.

And no, it isn't fair to keep selling defected expansion, which is what MoP is about to become.

I don't have the Scarab Lord mount, you don't see me pestering Blizzard to add it back in.
    Uhh... I find it hard to resist the urge to burst out here. 8/10 for the trolling attempt.

You can twist my words, you can take my words out of context or just ignore me, but none of those will work in proving me wrong or convincing me.

I clearly, CLEARLY, said that I am not able to afford paying to play the game. Due to my family's financial issues. I clearly said it. I never said that I had little time. During these past 8 years, I've actually had so much time, so much fcking free time, that some people would be shocked. If I could afford the game back then, I would've had every single item in the game now. Every single item, mount, pet, tabard. I just never had the chance to do it. It's like a prison. You have all the time in the world to do things because there aren't many things to do while in that cage. But since you can't go out, you can't go and do those things.

Deleted
    Uhh... I find it hard to resist the urge to burst out here. 8/10 for the trolling attempt.

You can twist my words, you can take my words out of context or just ignore me, but none of those will work in proving me wrong or convincing me.

I clearly, CLEARLY, said that I am not able to afford paying to play the game. Due to my family's financial issues. I clearly said it. I never said that I had little time. During these past 8 years, I've actually had so much time, so much fcking free time, that some people would be shocked. If I could afford the game back then, I would've had every single item in the game now. Every single item, mount, pet, tabard. I just never had the chance to do it. It's like a prison. You have all the time in the world to do things because there aren't many things to do while in that cage. But since you can't go out, you can't go and do those things.
    Honesty is not trolling...

Also, you said in your post that you have played the game using "illegal" methods, which I assume meant you bought your game time with gold hence the "little time" online.

Either way, you just need to accept that the content is being removed and you won't be able to obtain it. End of.

10+ Year Old Account

From what I read earlier, you said you were 18. Go out and find a job. It should be more than enough to help out your parents (Paying them board) with a spare $15 towards a subscription. You can change your situation, it's not anyone else's fault but yourself for not wanting to get up and change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    It isn't about the points. it is about having plain defected game. Brawler Guild is part of MoP, UBRS is part of Classic, etc. This dissection of game becomes way too old now, and people find ways to defend such a destructive approach. No, you won't die if someone 10 years later will get heirloom from Garrosh with 0.00001% drop !finally!. No, you won't die if someone 10 years later will complete lv90 Brawlers Guild encounters. But what you don't understand, is that game will die if people will lose motivation to do anything because things being removed on a whim with completely moronic approach (patch 5.3 - why?).
    Except things eventually being removed is also motivation to do it while its current (which is a better experience for most players) for some. You have all the right to not like this change, but don't make it sound like it's wrong, because it is NOT inherently right or wrong. Some players prefer one way, others prefer the other, others are ok with either.

I'm not advocating the removal of questlines and "gameplay" (they can remove the rewards to still make them feel "special" and not remove the gameplay), I'm just saying no matter how long they keep some things in the game, they'll never feel like they used to. Most old content you do might entertain you, and many people, but it really isn't "quality gameplay", when compared to new, more challenging content.

This is especially true about CMs, PG and Brawler's Guild. These are features that are all about combat gameplay. There's no story around them, they're fun because they're challenging (more than most of the solo / 5-man content anyway), and because they reward you for completing said challenge, pretty much with only vanity stuff. Like I said before, I would be ok with them staying and being able to be "roflstomped", as much as I'm ok with them locking them away.

Removing the ability to get the cloak is meh, considering it isn't usable for transmog, it really won't be that useful anymore, and most people who have it will just sell it or save it in the bank for eternity. Removing the questline is even more silly, as theres nice scenarios and scripted scenes there. Same goes for 5.3 questline.

But even if it's silly, it's really not outrageous. It is good some things aren't "forever", it makes them all the more valuable. There's so much old content you can do, it's like you'll run dry because you can't do lvl90 CMs/PG/Brawler's Guild.

Deleted
    Repeating myself, CRPGs (including MMOs) aren't about doing things while there is some "fair chance" before they are removed. CRPGs are about ongoing journey, where everyone goes at whatever pace they prefer. And where many want to re-experience content on different character (re-experience! not to rush to max level asap to raid).

If someone wants "exclusivity" "so badly", they could find it in some other game genres.

And no, it isn't fair to keep selling defected expansion, which is what MoP is about to become.
    All expansions become "defected", it's the nature of the game. Also, it's nothing to do with "exclusivity", Blizzard have made a decision based on whatever reason (business or technical) and you have to accept it.

Instead of whining about it, do something about it and get those achievements before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Except things eventually being removed is also motivation to do it while its current (which is a better experience for most players) for some.
    Yes, but the balance of this positive thing (increased motivation for some) and the other negative thing (decreased motivation for others) is negative, as can, for example, be witnessed in other games.

This "play this fast or I am going to take that away" is just not a good way to get or retain players.

We can watch what it gets to if Blizzard continue in this direction, of course. It's just that it might be too late when it becomes obvious that this is a bad way to go. As they say, all people learn from mistakes, but smart people learn from mistakes of others, not their own.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-09-19 at 12:35 PM.

Yes, every game you think fits in a said genre must follow a specific ruleset. WoW is what their developers wants it to be, not what you think its supposed genre is supposed to mean.

There's also other games you can find your definition of CRPGs on, you could go there -_- Really, that's only hurting your point. Don't assume everyone enjoys doing what you enjoy just because "it's the definition of the game's genre".

Deleted
    I clearly, CLEARLY, said that I am not able to afford paying to play the game. Due to my family's financial issues.
    This sounds a lot like your problem rather than anyone else's...

I mean have you got enough money for WoD? Or should we contact blizzard now and let them know they need to put back the release date for you?

Not to sound heartless but whatever your situation, it's yours, the world (of warcraft..) doesn't revolve around any single person or every possible situation that might come up for any single on of them.

You missed out, now move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked the thread.

Sadly this thread has turned in the wrong direction.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..