Starting a Loremaster toon

I am debating if this would be more fun as a brand new toon or if I should just start this journey from a toon I already have. I feel like starting a new character just because I feel like i will be more connected to the story, but I'm not sure if I will just get burn out faster by going the more difficult route, anyone have any experience with tackling the long journey. The inspiration behind this was the most recent podcast of the instance and listening to chris metzen talking about his insperations for wow. I really hope to break into the game industry soon as I am soon to be graduation school, and I feel that this journey will help keep me inspired.

I started a loremaster toon once on the faction I don't normally play - after Cata. I set to do all starting zones first, then 10-15 ones, then 15-20 ones, etc. It was fine, I was outleveling things seriously and most of the quests were gray, but it was kind of interesting. It got somewhat worse after the old world, since more and more quests proportionally became shared between factions so I was doing more and more of what I have already seen (think 50% shared and 50% faction-specific for Outlands / Northrend, 80:20% for Cata, and 95:5% for Pandaria), but it was still fun enough. If you are a completionist, it's not a bad idea.

One advice: pick gathering professions. Any two will do. Extra experience is irrelevant, you'll be outleveling things in any case, but extra mats and leveled professions won't hurt.

One more advice: don't go for archeology nodes. Not worth it at all, it takes way too long.

- - - Updated - - -

And one more advice: don't expect much from stories. If you are doing it in order to get to know lore and to see how great it really is, don't bother. It's not great.

I think it would be cooler if you deleted all your current toons then rerolled on a random server and dedicate yourself to only playing 1 level 90 or maxed char. Notice how fast you run out of things to do on one character once you are max level... in TBC you could never run out of things to do on a single character. Nowadays I can finish everything in a few hours for 3 diff chars.. -_- RIP WOW

10+ Year Old Account
    A brand new character would probably feel more satisfying.

I just recently finished the loremaster achievement and I recommend a combination. I made a new character and hit zones I had not played in since the cata revamp, staying even if they went gray. After I got that character to 60 I used a mod called altaholic to see which of my characters had completed the most of the remaining zones, and finished it off that way. Works best if you have a lot of alts but honestly with all of mine only 2 ended up being used to finish it because they had done the most in the remaining zones. Those two were my vanilla and TBC characters so not surprising they had done so much.

I did this during Cata. Made a new character and when I got to 20, paid Behsten in Stormwind to stop my experience gain. Then did all the quests I could do at level 20. When that was done I turned XP back on, leveled to 25, stopped XP again, and did all the level-25-available quests. Then kept repeating the process roughly every 5 levels until I had Loremaster.

I recommend it highly.