10+ Year Old Account

Struggling to Beat Hunter/Mage + Healer 2v2 Arena Comps

Hey guys.

So my 2s partner (a Holy Priest) and I are having extreme difficulties playing and winning against Hunter/Mage + Healer compositions. Both comps just have so much damage and chain cc abilities that we end up getting overwhelmed easily and, thus, wrecked. My healer literally gets cced every 2 seconds and I am unsure what I, as an Arms Warrior, can do about that. While he is getting cced to no end, I am getting blown up hard from the sheer damage a Mage and Hunter can pump out by themselves. I just sit in Defensive Stance the whole game, trying to stun, disarm, spell reflect, and fear as much as I can, but it still does not stop the insane damage from those classes alone.

We started playing today at 2104 rating and reached 2154, but then we constantly got paired against the aforementioned comps and we literally dropped down by 150 points. It is extremely frustrating.

Any suggestions and recommendations on how to beat these comps is welcome. Thanks for your time.

Deleted
    As Hunter / Holy Priest, we win most games against Arms / X. Hardest games where against Arms / Rsham when they were playing defensively until dampening, but that comp can tremor every second fear of mine after a trap.
    Things you can do you are probably already doing at 2100 (from a priest's perspective):

1) Death poly / scatter (!).
    2) Chastise scatter.
    3) Intervene / leap traps.
    4) Disarm hunter after scatter (or after wyvern / pet cc if he's trapping out of that. Your priest shouldn't be trapped out of root).
    5) Charge / hamstring / stormbolt / shockwave / whatever the follow up fear after poly, deep, wyvern or trap. You'll have to get him before fade time of stealth is over.
    6) Try to win your priest's fear wars with e. g. stormbolt.
    7) Spell reflect, try to get the deep.

Deleted
    As you said yourself, the problem is their constant cc.
    So just focus on stopping as much of it as possible and counter pressure whenever you can.

Stop cc like Isca said, specially if they do manage to get cc off (they will, wyvern, pom poly)
    you need to stop the follow up to break the chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca View Post
    1) Death poly / scatter (!).
    2) Chastise scatter.
    3) Intervene / leap traps.
    4) Disarm hunter after scatter (or after wyvern / pet cc if he's trapping out of that. Your priest shouldn't be trapped out of root).
    5) Charge / hamstring / stormbolt / shockwave / whatever the follow up fear after poly, deep, wyvern or trap. You'll have to get him before fade time of stealth is over.
    6) Try to win your priest's fear wars with e. g. stormbolt.
    7) Spell reflect, try to get the deep.
    Its also very important that you guys try to recover as fast as possible after they landed
    some cc/burst, dont turtle 40 seconds because they will just have a new orb/deep up etc.
    Personally I think this is a mayor factor to dealing with cc-heavy comps like that,
    jump los, recover, swap battle stance, land a fear and go ham before next wyvern/orb/.....

Swap back to def stance in time ofcourse, if you get caught in battle by deep/orb + cc then it will be gg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namso View Post
    Hey guys.

So my 2s partner (a Holy Priest) and I are having extreme difficulties playing and winning against Hunter/Mage + Healer compositions. Both comps just have so much damage and chain cc abilities that we end up getting overwhelmed easily and, thus, wrecked. My healer literally gets cced every 2 seconds and I am unsure what I, as an Arms Warrior, can do about that. While he is getting cced to no end, I am getting blown up hard from the sheer damage a Mage and Hunter can pump out by themselves. I just sit in Defensive Stance the whole game, trying to stun, disarm, spell reflect, and fear as much as I can, but it still does not stop the insane damage from those classes alone.

We started playing today at 2104 rating and reached 2154, but then we constantly got paired against the aforementioned comps and we literally dropped down by 150 points. It is extremely frustrating.

Any suggestions and recommendations on how to beat these comps is welcome. Thanks for your time.
    i would suggest
    1- don't sweat losing to rank 1s, although don't think you can't beat them
    2- leap every orb vs mage/druid (or normal line if u can, or reflect deep and counterburst if you can) it is not only essential, it is also very easy if you/your healer have good positioning and you can predict damage, and it really screws them up.

Hunter/Priest is honestly one of the most fun teams to fight for me as a warrior unless its a r1 team and then it can be just annoying. If the priest is gonna spam MC, train him. Don't forget when a priest is MC'ing they can't heal (you can potentially use that to your advantage and put them behind). And watch if the priest is trying to kite you away -> chastise -> MC you in Africa, that's not always worth chasing. Just hit whatever you can hit always, mongo mongo, if you're not hitting something you're useless.

Make sure your healer is playing far enough from the hunter so that when he goes to trap its stupid obvious. I also sit in D stance vs most hunters, but you can get enough pressure out (and should) to switch to battle at some point. Mages damage is every minute, dread it, live it and you're fine honestly. LoS "IS" a cooldown, and its screwed every druid/mage team ive fought.

Idk if the trying to spell reflect/fear/disarm/etc as much as you can is just you trying to say "you're doing everything you can" I assume you try to do it at precise moments, that's kind of essential in 2s.

Anyway good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of glyphs and talents should I use against those comps?

For Hunters, I typically use Shockwave, Stormbolt, and Safeguard as talents and Bull Rush, Colossus Smash, and Heroic Leap glyphs.

For Mages, I typically use Bladestorm, Stormbolt, and Mass Spell Reflect as talents with the same glyphs.

Are these right? Also, I've been using Storm Bolt almost exclusively to the dps because of their damage. Should I instead use it on the healer? I don't know.

Lastly, Isca, what do you mean by #1 and 2 on your list? I'm not too familiar with pvp terminology and whatnot. My partner and I just started doing pvp roughly 3 weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of glyphs and talents should I use against those comps?

For Hunters, I typically use Shockwave, Stormbolt, and Safeguard as talents and Bull Rush, Colossus Smash, and Heroic Leap glyphs.

For Mages, I typically use Bladestorm, Stormbolt, and Mass Spell Reflect as talents with the same glyphs.

Are these right? Also, I've been using Storm Bolt almost exclusively to the dps because of their damage. Should I instead use it on the healer? I don't know.

Lastly, Isca, what do you mean by #1 and 2 on your list? I'm not too familiar with pvp terminology and whatnot. My partner and I just started doing pvp roughly 3 weeks ago.
    wheres mortal strike glyph? 10% more healing. If you're gonna have dampening matches thats kinda important.

"Bladestorm" -- I would assume most non-idiot mages will dodge every single bladestorm once they know you have it. I never take out safeguard, the less you're in roots the more pressure you have. N2m lining their damage.

storm bolt is situational. against rdruids you can put both stuns into them and burst and they will die in dampening, i promise. You wana set up a CC chain though with your partner like what Isca was saying.
    Last edited by Bombino; 2014-09-20 at 02:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mainly use Bladestorm as an additional root breaker against the Mage's constant freezes. Should I just take Shockwave and keep Safeguard? I figured Mass Spell Reflect was a useful move to have. What should I get rid of for Mortal Strike glyph?

Also, is it really okay if I let Hunters or Mages free cast if I train the healer? They just do so much damage that I am usually forced to sit on them while in Defensive Stance. Should my healer cc the dps or keep ccing the healer that I'm already on in hopes to kill them faster?

It just seems ridiculously hard to take something down when both classes have excellent mobility and survivability. I mean, two charges of Ice Block and Deterrence is absurd. I basically have to kill them three times and that is not an easy task for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mainly use Bladestorm as an additional root breaker against the Mage's constant freezes. Should I just take Shockwave and keep Safeguard? I figured Mass Spell Reflect was a useful move to have. What should I get rid of for Mortal Strike glyph?

Also, is it really okay if I let Hunters or Mages free cast if I train the healer? They just do so much damage that I am usually forced to sit on them while in Defensive Stance. Should my healer cc the dps or keep ccing the healer that I'm already on in hopes to kill them faster?

It just seems ridiculously hard to take something down when both classes have excellent mobility and survivability. I mean, two charges of Ice Block and Deterrence is absurd. I basically have to kill them three times and that is not an easy task for me.
    Ok so bladestorm is 1 min cd, safeguard is 30s, and people will get away from your bladestorm, especially once they know you're specced that. Unless you play with a class that can keep something in your bladestorm or you "know" you can get it off.

Mass Spell Reflect is a nice idea but the CD is too long and again, as a warrior, if you're not hitting something you are 100% useless (edit: unless you're lining for some reason), so it's the same kind of thing, if you are playing with freedom people who love you and you're comfortable with reflect, take it. Otherwise, mobility is better.

That's kind of a hard question to answer. So you want to get poly's, get MC's, hexes, etc etc, and of course interrupt sometimes. But your job is to create pressure. If that's not happening on the target you're on, switch. Do you have focus charge/bolt/fear? Are you guys chaining CC?
    Last edited by Bombino; 2014-09-21 at 05:29 PM.