Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So you think Mastery > Haste on gear as well? I know at 463 it's a tossup on what people want. I did gem Strength in everything viable so 13 Red Gems, 4 Orange, 1 blue (socket bonus). Just got a pair of boots and ring to make everything on my gear has sockets now.
    I don't think you can go wrong either way as long as you primarily go strength. Haste and Mastery are both pretty valuable at 463.

- Selfless healer you think would outperform Sacred Shield on tank?
    - Yea because I heard trash is the biggest obstacle I was debating on Execution for bosses or using Light's Hammer for big aoe / heal for group or Holy Prism since the group is small anyway
    - Yea, doing Hand of Sac glyph. Makes everything a lot easier and not having to stress the healer in my opinion.
    - Blinding Light glyph that's the glyph I forgot. I had it in one of my builds I made online, but forgot it on my live one.
    - <3 Seal Twisting
    A lot of Paladins do run Sacred shield and it's nice, but a 3 stack Selfless Flash of Light hits like a Lay on Hands. With so much spike damage and oh shit moments I found selfless better. You can try both, it really does come down to preference. If you're running with a good healer you would be fine with shield.

I liked Light's Hammer for prot, but as ret, there's a lot of single target time on bosses so Execution pulls ahead for me. Trash melts if you have the right classes in your group and most time is spent on bosses.

I have thought about going prot, but I don't want the reason we didn't make gold be because I pulled too slow, took too much damage or something. I don't know, just seems like a more stressful role. Plus I hate pulling too many because somehow the healers I've grouped with have found a way to still wipe. Might queue up for heroics and just chain pull like it's a CM.
    It's definitely stressful the first time around. But after I did my first tank I preferred tanking because I felt I had more control over the success of the group lol.

GL though. I wouldn't spend too much time trying to figure out the best gems/talents though, I went into CMs with my warrior without knowing anything and did just fine. The most important part is understanding the mechanics and knowing the pace of the dungeon.

Some nice comments in this thread. Basically I am in a similar boat as OP, but playing alot lesser these days due to IRL commitments. That sad, main problem me and my guildies had was geting a stable 5 man group willing to invest the time in doing the CMs and getting together at same time - we did not want to pay for carries or get into groups with people with potentially toxic attitudes. And we only wanted to go for silver for the mounts.

We did attempt some CMs though and here's what I can say:

Silver (and as many posters here say, Gold) is easy; just takes practice to execute strategy and avoid damage and a well laid out plan. Using flasks / full gems and enchants and potions and consumables helps alot.
    It also helps if you set target priorities both for dps and cc (to reduce incoming damage)

Class does matter too much for silver at least and it helps to set the single target / aoe dps roles; for eg I mainly play BM hunter and I went SV for our CM runs mainly for AoE purposes.

Most fun in trying out CMs (early on at least was figuring out our group strategy, and then figuring out what talents work best for the CM playstyle. (I ended up using talents in SV spec that I normally dont use - eg. Barrage) (this is another reason why I like the new talent system)

If you are aiming for silver, then it should take <20 tries - and you can get silver even if there are one or 2 fails in the run.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2014-10-09 at 10:42 AM.