Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    Dispelling black arrow resets the cd on black arrow, but doesn't remove its focus cost. So it gets some protection, but I still think it's worthwhile to dispel it. The hunter may well not notice that it's been dispelled, and even if he does, he will have to spend 40 focus to reapply it.
    I did not know this cheers for the info. I've really grown to love the hunter class in WoW and although I've mained a feral druid for the most part, I find myself playing and enjoying hunter more. I understand feral druids on beta to be pretty OP, but I've always stuck by the ethos (much to the dismay of my arena partners) of playing what I enjoy rather than what's OP. I've been keeping an eye on this forum and others in the hopes of seeing some feedback to confirm that hunters will still be competitive in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Axislip View Post
    I understand feral druids on beta to be pretty OP, but I've always stuck by the ethos (much to the dismay of my arena partners) of playing what I enjoy rather than what's OP.
    Same here. Unfortunately, the fun factor is where survival hunters took arguably their biggest hit in WoD. You just kind of have to enjoy watching DOTs slowly tick and not being able to make health bars move quickly. The removal of kill shot from sv took a good bit of fun from the spec, imo. Maybe you'll find it more fun than I did.

OP thanks for your feedback, curious though what will you play PvP wise come WoD?

i don't mean to nitpick but ashran is far more then a central zerg. it worries me that the rest of your feedback seems so good.

all i mean is, ive had tons of ashran fun on hunter. esp away from the zerg

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    i don't mean to nitpick but ashran is far more then a central zerg. it worries me that the rest of your feedback seems so good.

all i mean is, ive had tons of ashran fun on hunter. esp away from the zerg
    Doing anything other than sitting in the zerg in Ashran is akin to being put on base defense in RBGs.

I don't particularly enjoy base defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Ah Wrath glory days and delicious BM spec with readiness, you will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    OP thanks for your feedback, curious though what will you play PvP wise come WoD?
    I've given that some thought, and it's occurred to me that since I have two prideful geared hunters, they will presumably be competitive in the 91-100 bg leveling bracket. It takes a long time to level through bgs, and I only have limited desire to play WoD hunter, so I'll probably do a leveling bg here and there and likely not participate in the endgame as hunter unless they improve the class and make it more fun. I just don't see a role for hunters in the things I like to do in the endgame, especially rbgs. I don't think I could even tell potential rbg teams that I could reliably guard a node since any feral would likely eat my lunch 1v1. But it's not an all or nothing choice, playing hunter occasionally in leveling bgs is still playing hunter. Just won't be my main.

My main for rbgs will likely be resto druid, and I'll probably use my ret pally to chain queue skirmishes. There's a 100 talent that give rets' templars verdict a 10 yard range, which along with other ret ranged spells (judgment, exorcism, hammer of wrath, execution sentence) will make ret for all intents a purposes a ranged spec. In some ways, my ret on beta feels more like a hunter than, say, MM hunter does with all its casting. My kiting style of playing ret may not be optimal, but it's fun for me and pretty effective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    i don't mean to nitpick but ashran is far more then a central zerg.
    Yeah, I didn't give Ashran a full enough look - been meaning to do that. I just know that every time I go out there to the alliance base there's a big herd of horde there and it reminds me of the road at Alterac Valley. I'll take your word for it that there's a lot more to it than that though.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2014-09-30 at 03:10 PM.

I didnt bother to read anything but the title, so ill just say this. If you arent going MM you are easting your time for PVP, why? Because last i looked BM and SV wasnt pulling 140k crits like MM will. Nuff said. PVP is in a disgustingly broken state right now.

BTW if you doubt 140k crits L2PLAY.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhol View Post
    I didnt bother to read anything but the title, so ill just say this. If you arent going MM you are easting your time for PVP, why? Because last i looked BM and SV wasnt pulling 140k crits like MM will. Nuff said. PVP is in a disgustingly broken state right now.

BTW if you doubt 140k crits L2PLAY.....
    If you are talking about live, then you are still wrong sir. I pvp as BM and my KC can crit the same. So please keep talking like you are jesus and about to walk on water ( hope you brought a bathing suit )

KC will crit 140k on resto druids and mages without molten armour yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    KC will crit 140k on resto druids and mages without molten armour yes
    Even on other class's i will still see 100k+ crits

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    Even on other class's i will still see 100k+ crits
    in that 10 second window every minute yes

10+ Year Old Account
    in that 10 second window every minute yes
    Keep trying, i might not hit 130k outside of CDs but you will still see 90k+ without. It's not as bad as you make it out to be.

I think you're inflating your numbers a bit. I tried BM before in full prideful and usually crits in the low 80ks with only REALLY squish targets getting 100k+

I just want to throw this part in here..

This is my .. Opinion or.. thoughts.. which may or may not have basis in reality.

So!

Recall a few months ago Celestalon finally goes "OMG BW breaks CC? I never knew that"
    So.. apparently, no one over at blizzard.. since the removal of the full 10 second CC immunity removal... even knew that the *activation* of bestial wrath still removed CC, and has been doing so for the last.. 2? 3? years.
    This is how much they pay attention to the hunter class.
    Literally NO ONE over there knows any of the true nuances of our class.
    I'm sure a few of them *play* hunter.. but not to the extent of any single one of us on this forum... and that is the truly terrifying aspect of all this.

I really don't understand how/why they don't hire some sort of part time *Consultant* type thing for each class (or even several ppl per class).. who sign NDA's and what not.. and are included on emails/discussions about the class so that devs actually get some clues about various classes from OTHER perspectives... because you sure as hell can't tell me they are getting a good enough dose of perspective on hunter so far!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're inflating your numbers a bit. I tried BM before in full prideful and usually crits in the low 80ks with only REALLY squish targets getting 100k+
    please....i have no reason to inflate anything. With that thinking we get nowhere, i could say the same thing with your lowballing.

i bg a lot for bloody coins and i can tell you i hit consistently in and around 90k+ on all targets unless the have a defensive popped. yes we can have some crap rng and have a few low dmg hit, but for the most part it's in and around 90k+

on a side note : what was your reforging like for pvp ( just wondering what you where using at the time )

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    I just want to throw this part in here..

This is my .. Opinion or.. thoughts.. which may or may not have basis in reality.

So!

Recall a few months ago Celestalon finally goes "OMG BW breaks CC? I never knew that"
    So.. apparently, no one over at blizzard.. since the removal of the full 10 second CC immunity removal... even knew that the *activation* of bestial wrath still removed CC, and has been doing so for the last.. 2? 3? years.
    This is how much they pay attention to the hunter class.
    Literally NO ONE over there knows any of the true nuances of our class.
    I'm sure a few of them *play* hunter.. but not to the extent of any single one of us on this forum... and that is the truly terrifying aspect of all this.

I really don't understand how/why they don't hire some sort of part time *Consultant* type thing for each class (or even several ppl per class).. who sign NDA's and what not.. and are included on emails/discussions about the class so that devs actually get some clues about various classes from OTHER perspectives... because you sure as hell can't tell me they are getting a good enough dose of perspective on hunter so far!
    think theyve openly admitted they dont have as much knowledge as most players on every class, which is why they are asking the community a lot.

However counter-intuitively to the above point, the amount of beta invites for WoD is FAR lower than there was for mop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    please....i have no reason to inflate anything. With that thinking we get nowhere, i could say the same thing with your lowballing.

i bg a lot for bloody coins and i can tell you i hit consistently in and around 90k+ on all targets unless the have a defensive popped. yes we can have some crap rng and have a few low dmg hit, but for the most part it's in and around 90k+

on a side note : what was your reforging like for pvp ( just wondering what you where using at the time )
    I use a crit>mastery reforge since im mainly MM in pvp.

But I just tested on a dummy, highest crit possible (engi gloves, proc trinket, BW, arcane intensity, mastery buff) was 362k.

So with pvp power on whatever armour that dummy had it would do about 114k damage.