View Poll Results: Did Garrosh get...

Voters
223. This poll is closed
  • Less than what he deserved (he should have suffered more)

73 32.74%
  • Exactly what he deserved (the punishment fit the crime)

85 38.12%
  • More than what he deserved (he should have suffered less)

16 7.17%
  • A bum wrap (Garrosh was a hero and Thrall should have died)

49 21.97%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kippi View Post
    What if alternate timeline Gul'dan raises Garrosh as the first Death Knight
    The first generation of death knights are weaker than the current ones I think. No.. I am pretty sure of it. ( time to research )

He died a warrior's death, which is the best kind of end he could've hoped for. The world may have wanted a worse ending to him for all his attrocities, but his mere death is what it needed and that's what it got. I find it satisfying.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    This is all Thralls fault and he refuses to accept his role in the problems Garrosh caused.
    Wrong, Thrall's already taken responsibility (not to mention paid penance many times over) in all the reasonableness possible without absolving Garrosh of any blame.

Stop trying to take blame away from Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Garrosh did bad things and had to die eventually I suppose, but I was hoping for the satisfying death for us and him. The way Thrall killed him was horrible. Thrall, beaten by a crippled, while getting the truth shoved in his face, uses the elements to kill Garrosh and totally ignore everything garrosh said.
    Do you realize Garrosh was trying to blame everything on Thrall? That's a rhetorical question, incidentally.

Garrosh refused to take responsibility, and Thrall threw that back in his face right before he killed him. That was the entire point of the cutscene.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2014-10-01 at 09:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Bum Wrap.

He did exactly as he was told, Blizzard made him go nutsoid, and now he dead.

I wanted to add that "he made one mistake" but he didn't make a mistake, sending an assassin after Vol'jin was a completely justifiable and arguably correct decision, but the assassin failed to finish the job. If he'd successfully offed Vol'jin he'd probably still be Warchief.
    I don't think so. I think had he succeeded, the Tauren and Trolls would have revolted and created their own Siege on Orgrimmar. We would have lost way more leaders than we did, and Garrosh still would have been brought to justice. This time... for more genocide and murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Fix the spoiler tag. (Fixed)

More than what he deserved (he should have suffered less)

I agree with that he should have died either way, but I can't help but think Thrall was a bit cold hearted in the fight. I didn't see a single emotion for Thrall.
    I thought there was quite a lot of emotion in the "No.. you chose your own destiny" line. Seemed like a line that he finally put the blame on garrosh instead of himself like in siege "i will correct the mistake i made long ago"
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2014-10-01 at 11:23 AM.

I guess I mean, what if this isn't the last of Garrosh
    Of course it isn't the last of him, Chris Metzen is still employed by Blizzard.

Garrosh should have been executed right away at SoO. As they still killed him now, I find that they wasted time by postponing his death. Might as well have let Thrall die instead of Garrosh so it wouldn't feel like they've wasted time.

Deleted
    I was quite surprised and displeased to know that Garrosh evaded death at SoO and was given the chance to stand before a trial, unlike every other raid boss we fought against. If Garrosh have died at SoO, I think we could have a more relevant expansion's theme.

Till the very end he declined any responsibility for his leadership and blamed it on Thrall.
    Imo, he got what he deserved.

He got fucking struck down my lightning - that fucker gladly suffered.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it should have been our task to kill him, but this way is good enough to end his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    He got fucking struck down my lightning - that fucker gladly suffered.
    9 out of 10 people survive lightning strikes in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenkex View Post
    9 out of 10 people survive lightning strikes in real life.
    And are severely burned, with peripheral neuropathy and severe motor dysfunction. Sure I'd have preferred Garrosh being crucified, but a good lightning strike is a pretty decent alternative.

I thought he got what he deserved. He was a tyrant and a killer and Thrall dispensed necessary justice. That being said it bummed me out to see such an interesting character removed from the lore. He had a colorful and interesting run so the story suffers in his absence and I'll definitely miss his craziness.

As for Thrall, though Garrosh was guilty for the crimes he committed, I definitely agreed with Garrosh during their argument. Thrall told Garrosh to lead the Horde but of the two of them, only Garrosh knew what the true Horde was. Garrosh did indeed create a Horde in-line with the Horde he remembered. In that, fault definitely did lie with Thrall, both for appointing the wrong guy and for giving him muddy instructions and then being pissed when he carries them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    He got lucky. In a more realistic and well-written story he would have been ambushed or snuck up on by someone whose name he didn't even know and bled to death trying to fight off people who genuinely suffered from his actions. Instead he got the glory of being defeated by a proverbial demigod with plot armor who is the main character of the story.

He should have died in shock at how people with no fame or incredible powers could do this to him. Now he's immortalized like a martyr.
    I'm glad I don't have to post this now. Thanks!

Thrall was at fault for the Garrosh fall. Garrosh grew up on outland, he knew nothing about Azeroth and it's painfull story. Thrall knew and he still makes him Warchief, because he was the most powerful ORC.

Wrathion knows something about burning legion. We still have ways to go. So he wanted a plan to counter any future fights with BL, for that reason he sent Garrosh who was the only pureblood horde and reasons to do it. (More like a reason for Blizzard to make WoD.)

I think the idea is: at the end of WoD, Thrall will convince the Iron Horde to fight against Burning Legion with the Azeroth factions .

The story behind WoD ruined the lore. It feels forged. I don't want more alternate timelines to confuse the things up. Traveling back to time was enough.
    If they would done it like Steins;Gate which is more reasonable than any story i ever read about alternate timelines.

But still it's awesome to fight against the orcs who nearly razed the Azeroth and learn the story behind of them.
    Last edited by Eluhil; 2014-10-01 at 02:02 PM.

It really felt like a "Thrall-as-green-Jesus" moment. It was a really poorly written conclusion to a major character, and was mainly designed to show off Thrall some more.

Acceptable endings:

1) Players SHOULD have killed him in SoO. It would have been an epic and great conclusion in that sense because he's defeated in such a time and place that he can have no further character development.

2) PLAYERS, NOT GODLIKE NPCS (*cough* Thrall *cough*), get to actually finish what was started in SoO and actually kill him as a boss in a raid. This would be gratifying to actually finish him off, and make them feel like they accomplished something. It would also show him to be irredeemably corrupt, and thus must be put down.

3) Grom Hellscream learns that Garrosh is a lying bastard who killed the seer and whom the elements curse. He also learns that GARROSH, is what causes the invasion of Draenor by the Azerothians. He then beats the living crap out of him before executing him with Gorehowl. This would be both ironic and appropriate.

Garrosh is poorly written here, I think. He sounds like a whining 7-year-old with the same sort of excuses for his behavior, and somehow ends up in the strange and unlikely scenario where he's alone with Thall on an open plain. Thrall feels to be written out of character here (as he seemed to be written in SoO). Even in this strange scenario, it seems that it should be written that Thrall beats the crap out of Garrosh, gives a speech about being better than him, and then walks away. And then you have someone from either the Horde or Alliance come in and assassinate him while he's on the ground.

So yeah. The ending was a let-down.
    Last edited by Scrysis; 2014-10-01 at 02:02 PM.

What if alternate timeline Gul'dan raises Garrosh as the first Death Knight
    You sick brilliant bastard....

Anyhow, I think he got what he had coming to him. Being crushed by a massive stone fist and then being electrocuted to death is pretty brutal, and pretty metal. Someone needs to photoshop Thrall in that scene to be in all black with crazy piercings and an electric guitar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that most people have likely seen the cinematic in Nagrand, I wonder how many people have similar opinions, or who may have changed their stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was a victim of poor story telling. Nothing more, nothing less. His personality flip flopped every expansion and I got the feeling metzen had no idea what he wanted for him until Mists. But it was already too late since his personality had changed so many damn times. He deserved more. He could have been a much better character but wasn't.