Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Menedude View Post
    Alright guys, we tried to fit what we could on time for release date into the expansion, but apparently this guy thinks we're being lazy about everything. He wants 32 new bosses for brawler's guild and I think we should listen to him.

ROB! Put this message on the twitter thing: "Sorry guys, WoD delayed for another 6 weeks while we make all new bosses for Brawler's Guild before release so people won't think we're lazy. You'll just have to keep on fighting Garrosh for now!"

Actually you know what? Let's address every single mention of how lazy we are and create new content for EVERYTHING!
    Change that delay to 2 years.
    I'd rather wait 2 more years for an amazing expansion rather than this "let's cut everything away" expansion that WoD is shaping up to be. It's going to be another huge disappointment like Cataclysm was. All of their focus seems to be wrapped up in garrisons and new character models. There's no new race, there's no new class, there's no flying, no new battlegrounds, gear sets are shared between pve and pvp, etc. Professions and abilities are being absolutely watered down. The whole thing just seems really unappealing as of right now.

Added up, it just seems very lackluster and lazy for a multi-billion dollar company. Ghostcrawler leaving the dev team is the worst thing that ever happened to wow. Say what you want about the guy, but he knew how to create a fun game that the new devs like Holinka are completely ruining.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No one answered the fact that it suddenly went back down to 8 ranks instead of 10, leaving room for them to probably add another new 2 ranks.

Also wasn't the brawler's guild moved to Nagrand or something? It will port you there then instead.
    No, I get that, and that's a legitimate point, however other than speculation of what "could be', it doesn't actually offer any enticement to go back. In other words, I don't see the OP going there to level to rank 8 on the off chance they add a 9th and 10th level down the road with unique bosses and fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The point is the same as the point was for season 1. Just like the point of PvP remains the same across seasons.
    PVP is dynamically different every time you engage in it. Even if it's the same instance and same opponent, the tactics are fluid. You can't compare the mostly unchanging battlegrounds & arenas to PVE content which has to be refreshed every 6 months.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    "You didn't read the post" isn't a valid response when you are unable to form a coherent argument. He did read the post. Did you read his?

If Blizzard were lazy they would simply drop Brawler's Guild entirely and not even alter any aspect of it. What they are doing is the complete opposite of lazy. Just because you don't like something Blizzard does doesn't make it lazy.
    So doing fuck all with it and simply rearranging the bosses so it seems different is the opposite of lazy?

Wow...just wow. The fanbois are out in force in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Just wait until they release new bosses if you hate redoing BG bosses so much, sheesh.
    Why do folks got to get so dramatic? It's not about "hate". It's about choosing to do other things over than things you've already done, when there's nothing new to earn. Why's it got to devolve to hate so fast?

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    So doing fuck all with it and simply rearranging the bosses so it seems different is the opposite of lazy?

Wow...just wow. You can't say anything in a non-offensive way. Calling people "fanbois" is a quick way to get your point completely missed. It is possible to disagree with people without making yourself look immature because they hold a different view.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Wow...just wow. You can't say anything in a non-offensive way. Calling people "fanbois" is a quick way to get your point completely missed. It is possible to disagree with people without making yourself look immature because they hold a different view.
    Read the posts by the poster I quoted, your opinion on "non-offensive" might just change.

You think I should take anybody serious who considers anybody that has anything negative to say about this game as failures?
    Last edited by Hexian; 2014-09-30 at 04:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Brawlers guild is a joke! Its for players to scared to step into the real arena brackets, aka 2v2, 3v3, 5v5. Nothing says 'I am a failure at this game' more than fighting an npc with the same rotation and thats 100% predictable.
    Lol, butthurt for everyone!

I have not managed to get past Hexos at Rank 8. I know that sounds crazy, but not everyone has the time to devote to it. I got to Rank 8, bought my Monk alt his fisticuff weapons, and I'm good.

Now in WoD at some point, I'll be able to go for the mount again. Big flippin' deal.

People trying for the mount again, a follower, and a new ring now = fanbois?

What?

Read the posts by the poster I quoted, your opinion on "non-offensive" might just change.

You think I should take anybody serious who considers anybody that has anything negative to say about this game as failures?
    It doesn't change that all you did was just insult people that don't see it as lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    I'd rather wait 2 more years for an amazing expansion rather than this "let's cut everything away" expansion that WoD is shaping up to be. It's going to be another huge disappointment like Cataclysm was. All of their focus seems to be wrapped up in garrisons and new character models. There's no new race, there's no new class, there's no flying, no new battlegrounds, gear sets are shared between pve and pvp, etc. Professions and abilities are being absolutely watered down. The whole thing just seems really unappealing as of right now.

Added up, it just seems very lackluster and lazy for a multi-billion dollar company. Ghostcrawler leaving the dev team is the worst thing that ever happened to wow. Say what you want about the guy, but he knew how to create a fun game that the new devs like Holinka are completely ruining.
    I know it's not my place, but I call BS on your claim. If Blizzard said they were taking 4 years to make the next xpac you would call them lazy because for taking 4 years for making something they typically produce in 2 years. My feeling is that they wouldn't be able to win that battle with you. If by the off chance that you did not gripe but instead were overjoyed about the additional 2 year delay, the sheer amount of players calling Blizzard every bad name they can think of would be exponentially greater then what they are getting now.

~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    1. It's possible they don't really care that much whether you redo it or not.
    2. Perhaps they just want the content to work in WoD for people who are coming back or enjoy it.

If they were as lazy as some people seem to think they wouldn't have touched it.
    Fine. It's not as lazy as it could be, just damn close. Apologists.... you're all so amusing. Imagine if the first raid in WoD was SoO, just with the bosses rearranged and a couple removed. Lazy? Sure, but not as lazy as it could be....

Come on, people, it's pretty damn lazy of them to do this. Hopefully they'll add new bosses but even if they add two new ones we get two... entire... bosses. In an expansion.

Yeah, pretty much disappointed. I could see them reworking some of the older bosses, but I was expecting some different battles added.

It was fun to do. My guess is that there wasn't enough interest in it to warrant any major updates. =/

Xanzul has no business posting in this thread let alone at all. His posts are literally cancer.

Blizzard is taking the lazy route with Brawlers. All there is to defend their stance is "what could be" instead of "what is" in the now. And currently all there is are rearranged bosses with nothing new added to them, a literally useless, overpriced ring and a garrison follower, as if garrisons won't already be shoved down our throats even more.

Ok, so I've been hanging out in the brawler's guild for the last little bit watching overgeared noobs get destroyed and my buddy was RP sitting at one of the 2 seater tables along side the pit with me and made the comment "We should be able to throw down some Hearthstone".

Now, that would get me hanging out in the brawler's guild more often, if you could access your HS decks while hanging out sitting at a table in the brawler's guild with your friends, throwing down.

~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Lucky you I think Hexos turned into an extra boss, not a ranked one.
    Thats what he should have been in the first place. lol Ridiculous fight for a normal ranked boss.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I know it's not my place, but I call BS on your claim. If Blizzard said they were taking 4 years to make the next xpac you would call them lazy because for taking 4 years for making something they typically produce in 2 years. My feeling is that they wouldn't be able to win that battle with you. If by the off chance that you did not gripe but instead were overjoyed about the additional 2 year delay, the sheer amount of players calling Blizzard every bad name they can think of would be exponentially greater then what they are getting now.
    Fair enough argument. But, I personally, would honestly rather wait for a better product. I play many other games, not just wow. In fact, wow is a very small part of my gaming in general, which is probably why I would be more than happy to wait a longer time. I wasn't just making a BS claim. However, I do know some people who only play wow and no other games, so I could imagine how they would be upset and cursing Blizzard out as you said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Thats what he should have been in the first place. lol Ridiculous fight for a normal ranked boss.
    Agree with this completely. Hexos should have been a challenge card boss, not a progression boss. The maze mechanic is not a good demonstration of someone's wow skill, especially if they have bad internet with high latency.

Quote Originally Posted by York View Post
    Blizzard is taking the lazy route with Brawlers. .
    If they're being lazy about it why did they disclose that Bruce is Level 5 now? Do you seriously think everything before him is going to be weaker than Rank 1 Bruce is now?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Agree with this completely. Hexos should have been a challenge card boss, not a progression boss. The maze mechanic is not a good demonstration of someone's wow skill, especially if they have bad internet with high latency.
    Or limited space to move their mouse. A thumb-ball mouse would have made that fight so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Or limited space to move their mouse. A thumb-ball mouse would have made that fight so much easier.
    I'm very proud I beat that on my elemental shaman in 510 ish gear with 300 ms latency. Was a good personal achievement for me
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the point of a season 2 is to mix things up a bit, make changes and maybe some new bosses?
    Hi

Deleted
    I was expecting a whole new Brawler's Guild in WoD. So I was pretty disappointed when this was announced.