Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darun View Post
    I just noticed that my leveling speed slowed down considerably. I spent the last 5-6 hours struggling at level 80-82 compared to the 2 days or so played it took to get here. I was just wondering if I had to do something else to augment my leveling process. Sorry for the confusion :S I'm sure you come across many posts like this when you help other new players Tru
    The reason your leveling speed slows down is that Blizzard makes older content faster to level in. They reduced the amount of xp needed to level at lower levels. You'll see the same thing happen once WoD is launched. So the slow down you are experiencing is normal.

There are always ways to level faster. But you will sacrifice immersion for speed. If you have not experienced the content yet, just do what you were doing before, and enjoy it. There are some pretty cool story lines from 80-90.

Now, due to gear or lack of experience I find that wipes in dungeons are more common. What do you do to get through the last 10 levels? Dungeons only seem to be slowing my progress even though I can get into one rather quickly.

Thanks for the help guys! Cheers.
    My advice, since you are new, is to take your time. Even with my go slow leveling, it averages 3 hours per level from 85 to 90. If you play regularly, you should be able to do in a week. With dungeons, it should be quicker. 80 to 85 should take even less.

As someone with 17 Level 90s, I can say that:
    1. Always do a dungeon once. To finish the quests inside. As you level towards 85, you'll obviously need to quest elsewhere to level.
    2. Deepholm is very confusing the first few times. So is Vashjir. I'd recommend Hyjal to Uldum to Twilight Highlands for Cata leveling.
    3. For the MoP Levels (85-90). NEVER DUNGEON PAST LEVEL 87. By then, you'll spend 30 mins in a dungeon to get 10% of a level (or less). So Questing is MUCH quicker. Just follow things as they go, there's no "best route."

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Why would you want to rush through content? There are tons of quests and many zones to explore. If you do them, they will easily make 90.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I just want to thank everyone who contributed and helped answer my question because on Sunday night around 9:45 I hit level 90 on my warrior!

My goodness it was both tiring and fun. The quests were varied and hilarious, having me run yaks through a car ...i mean yak wash, to bringing hope back to a village overrun by despair. Oh and I got to kick some Amani behind which was cool too.
    I got to 87 with quests and dungeon quests. Then focused on grinding out quests alone till level 89. Once I hit around 90% through level 89 I couldn't wait so I queued for a dungeon as well which helped me get the last 5-6%

Once again, thanks for all the help guys. I am loving my Fury/Prot Warrior that seems to have an answer for everything thrown at him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I just want to thank everyone who contributed and helped answer my question because on Sunday night around 9:45 I hit level 90 on my warrior!

My goodness it was both tiring and fun. The quests were varied and hilarious, having me run yaks through a car ...i mean yak wash, to bringing hope back to a village overrun by despair. Oh and I got to kick some Amani behind which was cool too.
    I got to 87 with quests and dungeon quests. Then focused on grinding out quests alone till level 89. Once I hit around 90% through level 89 I couldn't wait so I queued for a dungeon as well which helped me get the last 5-6%

Once again, thanks for all the help guys. I am loving my Fury/Prot Warrior that seems to have an answer for everything thrown at him.
    Just FYI, those were Zandalari you were beating up, not Amani. But otherwise yeah.