Druid specs in WoD

Hey guys,
    since i've decided to main a Druid come WoD, and leave my pally as main alt, i've got few questions for the guys who have beta ( i've got 2 accounts, one from 2005 and one from 2007, and yet - No Beta club .

So my Druid now is balance spec'd, around 560iLvl, but i'll be playing feral in WoD, so my question is - when WoD hits, if i respec Feral will my gear change stats or this is only working for WoD gear? Since im un-subbed now, and i dont see a point in subbing for 6 weeks, and start getting feral gear, since this gear will be replaced after the first few quests.

Or i have to start leveling as boomy and choose feral as my main spec, and switch to feral when i get full gear?
    Also last question - is it worth buying the melee legendary to quest, since i've read somewhere Blizzard said that the legendary will be good to about level 98-99?
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

It only works for WoD gear. It does not apply to any gear before the expansion. You'll probably have to level as balance and once you get a full set of quest/dungeon gear you can make the switch.

I don't suspect you'll have a full set until maybe 92 or 93, so you'll only get 5ish levels out of the legendary cloak. It's up to you if you want to spend the money on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't necessarily have to wait until the expac hits. In 6.0 UBRS will be open and will drop 550 gear, so, you may be able to get a feral set that way. I would strongly suggest however that you run flex or something and try to get a full feral set and acclimate yourself with the general playstyle of feral. Either way, the 550 gear that you get from UBRS will last you a few levels into WoD at the least.

On the contrary, if you wanted to level the quickest way possible and just get a feral set later, I would just staying as boomkin because the legendary cloak will take you all the way to level 100. The cloak at 616 will not be placed until Heroic Dungeon gear at level 100. So, theoretically, you would do more damage as boomkin, thereby leveling faster to 100.