Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post

I don't really understand why guilds keep their logs private.
    They aren't doing it to hide anything (outside of perhaps those in with a chance of World firsts).

They're doing it to stop people going for ranks on progression. If you have public logs, someone is always going to try and cheese or whore, even if it's just a little bit here or a little bit there.

My guild opted for private logs on progression and for a few weeks after clearing a tier to ensure smooth farm runs and focused progression. Other guilds may have other reasons but this was ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    They aren't doing it to hide anything (outside of perhaps those in with a chance of World firsts).

They're doing it to stop people going for ranks on progression. If you have public logs, someone is always going to try and cheese or whore, even if it's just a little bit here or a little bit there.

My guild opted for private logs on progression and for a few weeks after clearing a tier to ensure smooth farm runs and focused progression. Other guilds may have other reasons but this was ours.
    Makes sense, thank you for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post

Well with warcraft logs, this isn't really a thing anymore since you see where you would've ranked anyway.

Be aware that sims are an average though. Yes perhaps you got 68k this time. Will you the next 9999 as well? It's all about context.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-07-26 at 07:47 PM.

Duckz0rs, I agree, but if you read what some people are doing is XX person sims and they're saying this, so that must be 100% accurate. I've been playing this game since Vanilla, I know Turturin been around for a long time as well.

For instance Sims say single target at 720 item level affliction you should be doing 71,522. That isn't accurate, when on Fel lord i consider probably the only single target fight in the game. 712 Item level and I ended up being 68,598.
    The publicly published simcraft rankings are for a long patchwork. Fel lord is a short fight, with a few mechanics. Trying to compare the two is silly. It's pretty clear that you don't understand the goals or methods of simcraft well enough to comment on it's value.

For example: I just imported lil' Thugjr's gear and ran a 3:40 light movement sim. Because that's how long that parse is, and you got seed twice. 76k, with almost identical buff uptimes. It uses haunt a little better, and lines up the potion with 2nd ring and 3rd DS. Haste scales to ~16% better than mastery for this sim. A little bit of customization and simcraft did the fight like you did 10000 times in 2 minutes. Thats how you get both accuracy and precision.

Side note: simcraft is not the maximum. Get your raid to save the ring for execute range, line up with 3rd ds and potion. 80k in your gear, ez.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Well with warcraft logs, this isn't really a thing anymore since you see where you would've ranked anyway.
    Yeah but the logs are still hidden. It avoids situations where you wipe unnecessarily a couple of times because one person is gunning for pro raiders points when you still have progression bosses left later in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    The publicly published simcraft rankings are for a long patchwork. Fel lord is a short fight, with a few mechanics. Trying to compare the two is silly. It's pretty clear that you don't understand the goals or methods of simcraft well enough to comment on it's value.

For example: I just imported lil' Thugjr's gear and ran a 3:40 light movement sim. Because that's how long that parse is, and you got seed twice. 76k, with almost identical buff uptimes. It uses haunt a little better, and lines up the potion with 2nd ring and 3rd DS. Haste scales to ~16% better than mastery for this sim. A little bit of customization and simcraft did the fight like you did 10000 times in 2 minutes. Thats how you get both accuracy and precision.

Side note: simcraft is not the maximum. Get your raid to save the ring for execute range, line up with 3rd ds and potion. 80k in your gear, ez.
    Don't we all wish the boss attempts were like how Simcraft ran it.

But thank you.

Don't we all wish the boss attempts were like how Simcraft ran it.

But thank you.
    That's kind of the point of simcraft though. To give you the highest theoretical dps in a specific situation. Think of it as more of a guideline. It gives you what you could do if you played with machine-like precision. Give or take a few thousand to account for specific boss mechanics and human error, and there you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Do you think Affliction is reasonable to play on every fight in HFC? I can't stand Destro and i just play Demo for Hellfire Assault and Kromrok.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatmike69 View Post
    Do you think Affliction is reasonable to play on every fight in HFC? I can't stand Destro and i just play Demo for Hellfire Assault and Kromrok.
    Depends on your raid set-up. If the rest of the raid can clear priority adds on archimonde/mannoroth/kilrogg etc easily without you, absolutely. It's a good example of a real case-by-case scenario.

Affli tunnels real hard now on bosses, but is still meh on switching to adds that die quickly. So if adds on said bosses die before you can hit them in general, it's better to Affli even. Or it can be extremely detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatmike69 View Post
    Affi can work on: Fel Reaver, Kormrok, Council, Killrog, Gorefiend (probably not on mythic progression though ), Tyrant, Zakuun, perhaps Socrethar if you're not on ghost duty, Archimonde, and perhaps Mannoroth and Xhul, depending on how damage is on adds that affi can't really do a lot against. Fights like Assault and Iskar just scream destro, affi isn't that effective on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretias View Post
    Gahddos BIS list including Trinket rankings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1280576241
    So I'm going through this info and I'm trying to compare MWF (706) Darmac's vs. H (710) UGoS. It seems that UGoS just barely edges it but I'm not sure what these sims are showing - like if this is pure single target or with cleave or w/e. Either way, seems very close.

edit: oops! just saw this. seems I've found my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    For those who can't click on links which were already posted:
    Trinket sims for ST - Affliction(Gahddo):

Trinket sims for ST with a big add - Affliction(Gahddo):
    Last edited by Koragon; 2015-07-29 at 04:53 AM.
    Troll Warlock of <Retaliation> Thrall US. 7/10M | 12/13H

If you go to his paste bin then you will get a lot more options for sims including for when you have the ring and class trinket and they tend to be regularly updated.

I am going to give Affy a try tonight just to take advantage of the buffs. I have 4pc T18 and H-DSI, H-POF, H-IRP, H-GSR, and N-FDS trinkets to pick from. What trinket combos should i run and i assume SB:H at t7 talent. I am looking at summonstone now
    Last edited by Restitution; 2015-07-29 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    I am going to give Affy a try tonight just to take advantage of the buffs. I have 4pc T18 and H-DSI, H-POF, H-IRP, H-GSR, and N-FDS trinkets to pick from. What trinket combos should i run and i assume SB:H at t7 talent. I am looking at summonstone now

PoF sucks hard with afflic, easy cut. FotDS would only be good on ST fights otherwise you'd spend too much time reapplying, which leaves GSR - not great but at least better than the other two. DSI always.

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    PoF sucks hard with afflic, easy cut. FotDS would only be good on ST fights otherwise you'd spend too much time reapplying, which leaves GSR - not great but at least better than the other two. DSI always.
    What about Herioc piston over Heroic GSR?

People are actually saying Fotds is weaker single than multi-dotting which isnt intuitive but thats the sim.

As Cabana has taken an indefinite break from WoW and 6.2 having been out for a while we are moving on from an era of jokes and 6.1 to a brand new 6.2 Affliction guide.

Please continue the conversation there at: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide

Closing this thread as of now, but it will remain here for discussion purposes.