Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    No one wants HARD leveling content. It's just so stupid easy to the point it's almost broken gameplay.

So tired of the people who want to FORCE others to play THEIR game. If you DON'T want to fly ion Dreanor... DON'T. If you wanna level sickening SLOWLY.. quit tossing every upgrade on your toon and sending it OP gear. PLAY YOUR GAME... and let us play ours.
    These kind of naive and plain ignorant comments make me wanna puke. It just proves you have no idea how it all works.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-10-16 at 11:52 PM.

Deleted
    I think it could be easy for Blizzard to please both gamers seeking challenge and those who find leveling too slow. But to be fair, it is only up to Blizzard to decide if this part of the game is important enough to them, so even a little update may be too much and not a priority.

We already have a mecanic in game that makes fights harder: higher level quests and mobs. I can imagine unlocking "red quests" (quests a lot higher level than your character). In vanilla you could get a lot of those, and at some point their access was removed, perhaps to avoid new players confusion.

With a little UI update that would make obvious which quests are dangerous and how to find level appropiate quests instead for a new player, may be it could open up some challenge again. And I totally agree with the posters that make a difference between hard content and time consuming content; to make up for the high difficulty, the rewards should be brought up a lot. Lot of XP so the red questers get faster leveling (heirlooms at their full potential!), and may be some randomly generated good gear, higher quality than yellow and orange quests. To do that you should also allow players to access portals and flying skills earlier.

As a bonus we could also have a little new system tracking success/failure(deaths...) that could calculate how high above your level are the quests available to you at any time. Without a limit, it could even create a new play style and competition, and some good videos on the net!!!

Welcome back crushing blows and crits on your tank characters

But for dungeon leveling, I'm not sure it could be done so easily... You could open up access to higher level dungeons the same way I suggested for quests, but to be fair in a random group it could be far from ideal, as a low level but skilled player and a "normal" level appropriate farmer would have very different playstyles and radically different strategies... May be with premade groups only ?

Also, it could be a good occasion to bring up bonus XP and/or loots for group leveling (this is a mmo).
    What do you think of this idea ?

Deleted
    Wow 13 pages for something that is clearly not intended and will be fixed at some point.

There is no logical reason for increased leveling difficulty, as it has been faceroll for the last 5 years? Even more so when you deal with a brand new player. What is this player going to experience? Vanilla-like leveling, well I was there, so I'm sure it's not THAT bad, but something relatively close. Will this player remain after the first month of not being able to reach max level? The mentality of players has changed, so my guess is no, they will not stay.

Even Blizzard admits leveling is not an essential part of the WoW experience anymore. They give us free 90s with WoD, they offer 90s for real money, they keep saying how nothing is balanced for below max level and never will be, because it's a non-vital part of the game, so why do we even have this discussion? It's an oversight of the squish and will be dealt with very soon.

On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with wanting harder leveling, but you didn't need 6.0.2 to do that. 50% whites and 50% greens should have done the trick.

the current challenge of dungeons is in a good place. You are rewarded well for completing an entire dungeon with the bonus objectives. I took a tank druid from level 15 to about 48 in a day of casual play just running dungeons. The mobs were hitting hard I would agree yes, but I was still able to pull at a good pace and at 48 I was getting 28,000 exp at the end for killing all of the bosses. Thats like 5 quests?
    Non Dungeon leveling I have no idea tho

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was watching my son level his shaman a bit, it does look far more engaging, than its been for a very long time. One simply has to pay attention to how much they pull and just can't faceroll the stuff anymore. I for one hope it stays that way, even without heirloom the content was feeling stall and not even worthy of want to level through it anymore and at the rate they are handing out xp, like your own crack, having engaging content once more is what this game started out with, but got to far easy with all the various things they put into to to make it something to rush through and not enjoy, only to rush to the endgame to get gear. I like the game is going back to at least making it somewhat feel like a journey again, even the new content coming next month feels that way, only problem with it, there is just not enough of it to stretch out more than a month, other than a weekly quest from the garrison.

I was hoping all the new and previous content would be much harder, given the mobs on TI, at least to a certain point of gear it feels still engaging. Though if your in heroic or higher gear, everything feel like it is a faceroll. I think they need to scale the mob to the gear to keep it constantly fresh and engaging. Hopefully they find away to do this to make even older content feel worthy of wanting to repeatedly do it over and over again. Nothing in this game should die in one or two hits, nothing.