Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    anyone have any tips for yogg no light? What ilvl do you think you need to do it? My most geared is a boomkin, but want to solo on my lock ele and spriest as well ideally. Seem to get cced for life on the last stage and go before I can dmg him down. Can hardly cast as a boomkin.
    I manage it on my rogue/hunter easily enough - I'm not sure how you kill the tentacles as certain classes though, I can only hit them with fan of knives/pet while they've picked me up - This was in full pvp gear 550 ilvl. As long as u kill the tentacles before anything else on the last phase and don't lose too much sanity, you should be golden. Pretty much every class can out heal the low damage. The tentacles are the ones that stun you/slow you etc, if you kill them first you won't have to deal with any of that - They also put a debuff on you that reduces all damage you deal by 20%, i believe it can stack.

Also, spine of deathwing isn't that bad at all now - The way you do it is just constantly move left and right while you wait for the adds to spawn. Do it like you normally would, kill 3 tentacles at the start, roll them off, kill the last tentacle and just keep him there. Keep moving from the left to right so that the boss never fully rolls but just constantly changes his mind (tentacles can never stun you solo now too), if you can do that while picking up the slimes then this fight is a cake-walk seriously.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2014-10-30 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

I can do it on Survival easily with ilevel 530 or so.

Kill tentacles when they appear. Use /petattack to get your pet to kill the tentacles that grab you. When portals appear jump in and get him into third phase. During third phase, keep your pet on defensive and have him tank adds away from boss (so the HoT doesn't hit Yogg). Burn down Yogg, and when he does the sanity reducing ability just burn down the adds so they don't do as much damage to your pet.
    thanks but i think he wants to do it as MM. told him he should switch to SV or BM for that fight but he didnt want to -.- maybe i can convince him

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    thanks but i think he wants to do it as MM. told him he should switch to SV or BM for that fight but he didnt want to -.- maybe i can convince him
    Uh, I don't think there is any difference between the specs. The only reason I pointed out I was SV was to show that a non-BM Hunter can do it.

He still should be able to do it as MM if he follows the directions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, I don't think there is any difference between the specs. The only reason I pointed out I was SV was to show that a non-BM Hunter can do it.

well according to him he had problems with constrictor tentacles, and with killing the tentacles in the brainphase fast enough. havent watched him do the fight so i cant say what he did wrong, but i'll give him your advice.

thank you again^^

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    well according to him he had problems with constrictor tentacles, and with killing the tentacles in the brainphase fast enough.
    Pets are the only thing helping you out on constrictor really, just have to make sure to force them to attack the one that has you. The problem is that your pet gets all sorts of debuffs as well. Not being able to kill illusions insides the portals seems like a gear issue. The die in one or two hits for me. I did it with a TI geared partner and we ended it in the first brain phase. It would probably take me two brain phases on my own, but just barely.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Pets are the only thing helping you out on constrictor really, just have to make sure to force them to attack the one that has you. The problem is that your pet gets all sorts of debuffs as well. Not being able to kill illusions insides the portals seems like a gear issue. The die in one or two hits for me. I did it with a TI geared partner and we ended it in the first brain phase. It would probably take me two brain phases on my own, but just barely.
    You might be able to throw a trap down under the constrictor also, though i haven't tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Fan of knives also works. Not sure about other classes AOE abilities. I was able to easily solo this on my rogue the other day. I also did this on 25M with my hunter with no problems.

I've been randomly going out and running old stuff for either mounts or some of the remaining achievemnets I haven't bothered to get. I haven't tried to solo any Cata stuff yet but everything before that has been a cake walk. I think I did BT on my rogue last night in 25 minutes, and that was with mass pulling as much trash as I could since he still needs rep.
    Last edited by Marema; 2014-10-30 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinushka View Post
    I tried throwing a trap while a tentacle hold me, I can confirm this method works. But commanding my pet was way faster, just put him into passive mode, so it stays by your side all the time and use /petattack for the tentacles.
    Yeah I didn't know if a trap would work, but it seemed too slow. You can do as you suggested and keep pet on passive. I don't remember, but don't constrictor tentacles only spawn under players as well? In that case it would be able to be used in a macro so that one button would send your pet to attack the tentacle otherwise it would stay passive.
    BAD WOLF

Yoggsaron 'works' with any ground targeted aoe or non-facing requirement spell. The latter is much easier than the former.

Sinestra is easy if you a) have enough gear to beat wrack entering the fight or b) have a dispel/removal. You will struggle without either
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Only difference I can think of is that it's slightly easier for BM/SV in the brain rooms. Marksmanship lacks a cheap, instant and spammable attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Only difference I can think of is that it's slightly easier for BM/SV in the brain rooms. Marksmanship lacks a cheap, instant and spammable attack.
    I'm curious...what exactly happens in the brain room that's dangerous? I did zero lights yesterday on my 519 paladin, having no idea what was going on in the fight, and everything in the brain room was one-shot except the brain itself (which took, like, three hits). And then I popped out and killed Yogg with no trouble. Is there a mechanic in there that's actually dangerous at 90?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Is there a mechanic in there that's actually dangerous at 90?
    If you honestly had no idea what was going on, I'm assuming you had purple lasers shooting into your face. You likely didn't notice b/c they don't do damage and instead decrease your sanity. When your sanity reaches zero, you are MC'd and you die. Several mechanics on that fight decrease your sanity. It's likely your speed made it irrelevant, but at higher difficulty/lower gear it's still a factor if you don't know what is going on.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    If you honestly had no idea what was going on, I'm assuming you had purple lasers shooting into your face. You likely didn't notice b/c they don't do damage and instead decrease your sanity. When your sanity reaches zero, you are MC'd and you die. Several mechanics on that fight decrease your sanity. It's likely your speed made it irrelevant, but at higher difficulty/lower gear it's still a factor if you don't know what is going on.
    Yeah, I finished the fight at 17 Sanity. I knew running out was an instant loss, but I didn't know what actually made you lose it. :P

So is it just that being in the brain room makes you lose Sanity faster?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Yeah, I finished the fight at 17 Sanity. I knew running out was an instant loss, but I didn't know what actually made you lose it. :P

So is it just that being in the brain room makes you lose Sanity faster?
    For those rooms specifically there are certain things in the room that shoot purples sanity lasers at your head. You simply have to not face them directly. You can't do it completely, especially on your own, but it's fairly easy to not get hit by them continuously. At 0 lights the challenge is you can't restore sanity in any capacity so it's really a war of attrition with the encounter. If you are solo, a couple of mechanics are removed like brain link, but there are still things that remove your sanity throughout the above ground portion so you have to be careful if you are low.
    BAD WOLF

Is it just me or did they change scaling in 6.0.3 again? I feel like stuff dies faster again, not as pre-hotfix but not like last week.
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2014-10-31 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    You might be able to throw a trap down under the constrictor also, though i haven't tried it.
    Contricter Tentacles are easy with "A Murder of Crows"