Battlegroups changed?

I've got a serious question. I've been playing this game since 05. When they launched the dungeon finder, I was done questing forever. All I do is the LFD tool til 80. However, since 6.0.2, I've noticed different realms in my dungeons. People from Uther and some others I don't recognize that weren't before. I'm on Wyrmrest Accord, by the way. I just can't communicate with people anymore. Previously I would try to ask people to turn off righteous fury if they were DPS, or if I were tanking try my hardest to convince hunters to turn growl off and not spark an argument. I've never had problems in the past. But since the pre-expansion update, I haven't one time been able to get an english response out of the people in my dungeons. I don't have a problem with people playing the game who don't speak english, don't misunderstand me. I'm simply wondering what happened? Did battlegroups get moved around? Did certain realms get tossed into the LFD tool with each other? It seems like something has happened because I've never seen people speak spanish in the LFD tool, maybe except one time years ago. The odds of me getting other english speaking realms seems low right now.

Also, I used to see Moonguard CRZ into my realm, which I am not now.
    Last edited by Silver Forte; 2014-10-17 at 07:56 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The LFD/LFR/BG queue tools don't pick up people just from your battlegroup anymore but from all realms. This change happened several years ago; by my memory I'd say since Cata launch but I may be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    The LFD/LFR/BG queue tools don't pick up people just from your battlegroup anymore but from all realms. This change happened several years ago; by my memory I'd say since Cata launch but I may be wrong.
    You are correct.

But it does group by data-center now.