Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    the only complaint i have is the stupid assed "one person at a time" when a boss leaves behind a chest. fix that crap ASAP. allow everybody to click it so we can move on faster. one person opening it can block everyone else while they "lol durr hurr" and troll.
    Havnt had that problem yet. I thought Sha chest would, but once first person opens it, it stays open and any and all can click it to see if they won anything.

OT: i quite like the system for pugs/fun runs.

Dont loot anything whole raid, hearth out, and receive everything in mail is a nice surprise reward too.

How does the personal loot system work with mounts?

Not a bad idea, especially for pugs. Makes loot quick and simple. Although the "OMG what dropped" while looking at all the items was always exciting too. Pretty sure it's still the same for Mythic, so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Yeye its great to no have to manage loot..

But its wierd that noone reacts to the fact that u get 5 items to drop instead of 2 just by changing loot system? Shouldnt there be some kind of balancing in how all the other systems were balanaced?
    I mean what is the reason to even have something else now?

Or am i missing something here?
    On group/master loot you can be smart with how the items are distributed. Say 4 ppl get loot with personal loot, but for 3 people it was a duplicate/equivalent of something they already have. The people masterlooting may have only got 2 items, but both people that got loot handed to them got big upgrades because the raid could choose who needed it most.

guildie of mine mentioned this point. I'll do my best to explain it in the least confusing way possible. (I suck at this most of the time)

Personal loot is somewhat worse for farming specific items like weapons or trinkets because it includes the loot from "all bosses". Where as group loot is specific to the boss that was killed. So if you're looking for a weapon, or trinket, or whatever specific item off of a specific boss than you should ( if possible ) switch to group loot. By swapping to group loot you are effectively eliminating the chance for the boss to drop "all boss" loot (not sure how factual this is but just conveying what was said to me) and narrowing the loot table to the items that the specific boss drops. Now I'm not saying that the 'all boss' loot is now never going to show up on group loot rolls but it MAY be less likely.

I haven't run group loot enough to actually test this myself but perhaps the community can help prove or disprove this theory/info.

- Akudama

No with personal loot you would still only get the loot that that boss drops not what other bosses may drop.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    No with personal loot you would still only get the loot that that boss drops not what other bosses may drop.
    I'm fairly (85%) certain that I've received 'all boss' loot while it was on personal loot. Multiple times in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Akudama View Post
    I'm fairly (85%) certain that I've received 'all boss' loot while it was on personal loot. Multiple times in fact.
    You're right, you have. The same "all boss" drops occur on "group loot". Nothing to do with loot type.

They went with "all boss" drops in heroics to prevent the scenario where people abandon the group after killing the boss that drops the thing they want.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

I haven't played since Cata. Can someone explain how the LFR lockout will work? If I kill Kargath, but I don't get loot, can I run LFR again the same week for another chance at Kargath's loot?

Quote Originally Posted by CombatJack View Post
    I haven't played since Cata. Can someone explain how the LFR lockout will work? If I kill Kargath, but I don't get loot, can I run LFR again the same week for another chance at Kargath's loot?
    No, all raids are "one loot chance per boss". In theory you can join a second raid using non-personal loot, which means your loot lockout reduces the number of drops, but you can still be assigned loot, I believe, but that is kinda sketchy at best.

personal loot is a legit system!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    On group/master loot you can be smart with how the items are distributed.
    "Be Smart" = "give items to my friends" 99% of the time.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    "Be Smart" = "give items to my friends" 99% of the time.

No thanks.
    I like how you just assumed that is the case. He is obviously talking about an organized guild, not some random Pug.