Talking Blademaster as Warrior Spec or Hero Class?

What do you think? I could see them as a hero class, because they are pretty elite in lore. They could possibly be available to orcs, humans, night elves, trolls and pandaren. For those who don't know what a Blademaster is, they are basically the Warcraft version of samurai.

Blademaster would be 95% an Arms Warrior. They aren't distinct enough compared to Warriors to warrant being their own class. The Blademaster's most iconic ability, Bladestorm, is already the level 90 Warrior Talent.

If you want to RP a Blademaster, then being an Orc Arms Warrior with a transmogged Katana is going to be more than enough.
    You just lost The Game

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hero Class, no.

Warrior Spec, no. Their new spec will be Gladiator.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I would guess it's what happens when a fury warrior has a baby with a combat rogue?

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe as a "subspec" of Arms Warrior, if they ever implement something like subspecs. No need for a new class IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

It should be a Warrior's 4th Spec and their 2nd Tanking spec to match Priests having two Healing Specs.

They would tank using Two-Handed Weapons like DK's and BM's and be based around Dodging.

Although, this is all dependent on Blizzard adding a 4th spec someday.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    What do you think? I could see them as a hero class, because they are pretty elite in lore. They could possibly be available to orcs, humans, night elves, trolls and pandaren. For those who don't know what a Blademaster is, they are basically the Warcraft version of samurai.
    If you aren't even sure yourself and have to ask it's pretty obvious there is no new class, just a small variation to existing one.

Deleted
    These hero class threads always make me lol. I very much doubt they would introduce another hero class and in the unlikely event they did, it wouldn't be another melee. I would just get used to feature absent expansions from Blizzard, just zones, quests, raids and dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Magewang View Post
    I would just get used to feature absent expansions from Blizzard, just zones, quests, raids and dungeons.
    Since the amount of Monks among the current level 90 characters (according to warcraftrealms data) is well below 1/11 and lowest of all classes, I'd say adding new classes is more wasteful than zones, quests, raids and dungeons that majority of people actually will use. This is also probably why Blizzard isn't adding new classes, because people aren't interested in rerolling unless the class is broken OP like DK's were.

Real avatar move! Awesome.

in terms of lore blademasters are just warriors, with the samurai flavor tossed in there. roll an arms with mogged gear and GTG.