Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag View Post
    I get your point but disagree. Taking away the positional requirement is just another step to absolute generalization of classes. What's the difference between a rogue and a monk/warrior/dk/pala if they all just stand in front of the enemy and blindly smash his face?

Rogue is already the least played class because it has so little to offer (no tank or healing offspec). Take away the character of the class and there won't be any reason left to play it.
    I play rogue because it's the assassin class. The ability to stealth, control other players, kill and get away easily. I've generally played the "sneaky" class, that most of the time can stealth, in every single MMO. Taking away the fact that I CAN'T get behind a player anymore and mash a button would be laughable in the sense that I'm still stun locking you and stabbing away - only to vanish and do it all over again. That's the character of the class, not the fact that we usually did everything from behind. Giggity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme
    If this is effecting anyone else, the following macro will help:
    I'm actually using this same macro, and my Dance bar doesn't lag, it simply doesn't show up at all during the whole Dance duration in the scenario described above.

I'm getting these results I posted above reliably on a dummy, if someone's getting something similar it should be easy to test. The key factor seems to be, activate Dance before Subterfuge buff falls off or after. If after, Dance works fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Cursory search shows that this is the bug I'm experiencing: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14926652887#1
    Workaround: cast Shadow Dance with a macro that cancels Subterfuge buff before casting Dance, e.g.:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shadow Dance
    /cancelaura Subterfuge
    /cast Shadow Dance
    Last edited by nordveien; 2014-10-22 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    If this is effecting anyone else, the following macro will help:
    /cast [stance:0] Backstab; [stance:1/2/3] Ambush

and turn off bar switching.
    This macro was not safe to use in 5.4

For me it had a about 20% chance to use backstab right after changing from stance 0 (which is nostealth) and about 1% fail chance during shadow dance stance.

Instead I use this:
    /use Ambush
    /use Shadow Dance

press once -> shadow dance
    spam -> ambush spam