Voice ads from Curse Client?

Strangest thing has happened in the last 12-24 hours....

For the first time ever, I started getting voice ads on my computer. I couldn't figure out what it was at first, but soon figured it was being triggered whenever the default audio device was being changed within windows. Tried a few things, and in the end decided to restore the computer back a few weeks to an image of the hard drive I had. When that first booted, curse client either updated or reinstalled itself (unsure whether I had it on the image in the first place), and the very first time I changed audio devices, sure enough the ad triggered again - it's a kraftrecipes.com ad by the way, telling me how to make s'mores..... I decided to remove curse client, reboot the machine, then disallowed the client from trying to reinstall again, and what do you know.... When I change audio devices now, no kraftrecipes ad.... I've done a few reboots, changed devices quite a bit since, and it still hasn't come back. The only thing I can see it being now is curse client.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar very recently?

I have it installed/updating and haven't experienced anything, but I haven't been using it either. I can understand them wanting ad revenue, but if it really does do audio ads, it will be going byebye.