Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I also recall reading somewhere that now they can drop even if you've killed Garrosh for the week on that difficulty, but the thread seemed divided on whether or not it was possible.
    Can confirm it's possible even after "first kill of the week". Hurray for garrosh boosting. Got a bow after doing 2x boosts, out of about what, 6 tonight? (JK already have multiple mythic-level bows <.<).

Quote Originally Posted by tigerwootz View Post
    Why do Boomkins even get heirlooms with Crit and Mastery? This must be delayed April Fools?
    Uh.
    One: You can't be fucking serious. As long as the stat is usefull for the spec, you can get it. Doesn't matter if the best stat isn't on it. Still usefull.

Two: Both caster heirlooms are crit+mastery now. The mace was originally spirit+mastery. It's really fucking hard for a caster to get a heirloom weapon that isn't crit+mastery when the only two available are itemised like that.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2014-10-22 at 03:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    yes they will. your first drop in a heroic dungeon will replace it.
    Yeah but it can take some time to get a weapon from a heroic dungeon. It is useless in terms of raiding.

OP- Do what I did. Level 9 90s and gear them up and get a heirloom for all them. I have over 20 heirlooms all heroic heirlooms minus the shields and spellbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    The heirlooms are a bonus, be glad you're even getting one piece with a 100% drop rate.

Just think about your argument for a second. You're complaining about receiving a free piece of loot. By your logic, every time a 1h drops (heirloom or not), you should also get an offhand/shield/etc. with it. The fact that 1h weapons need to be paired with something else has been true since the beginning of the game.
    This.

Though I do agree that in this case, when you only have 4 months to get something with 100% drop and you only have 100% drop on your first kill ( per difficulty ) ( and no, a year of 5.4 doesn't count. I got my first heirloom this week, had absolutely no luck with drops of anything before that ) it sucks when you get a 1H and have to pray to gods to get something to pair it up with. TBH, since these are heirlooms and they are only a few items ( they can't have BiS stats for all classes/specs ) they shouldn't have added caster 1H and Off-Hand items. Just a staff. And for Melee Agility classes like Rogue, WW Monk, Enh Shaman and for Tanks they could've made it so that both items drops at the same time. From the very start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    One: You can't be fucking serious. As long as the stat is usefull for the spec, you can get it. Doesn't matter if the best stat isn't on it. Still usefull.
    Mastery even best stat for boomkin now if I'm not mistaken, followed by crit and then haste only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Kill garry on other characters! Before today's reset i killed garrosh 9 times this week, he's easy now! I've got two maces, the off hand book, the staff, two axes, three 1h swords and two daggers. (I only had two heirlooms, the book and the 2h axe, before this (last) week, IT'S AWESOME! Gunna catch em all.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    And no it is not possible, one chance per week.
    Yes it is. Confirmed by myself and friends who did multiple HC carries this reset. Got my 569 guaranteed loom on my warrior (2h Axe) this week on WED. Then I started doing carries. After 5 or 6 runs I got a 2h Pig Sticker (AGI STAFF). So you can re-run HC with the heirloom drop chance around 10% until it finally drops.

Spellpower only comes from your weapon anyway so who really cares about the OH. Plus the OH has no gem socket so I wouldn't be suprised if a random HCWF OH was better until like 98 (my character on the beta wasn't even close to replacing items at 95).

Imagine how angry you'd have been if you just got the OH.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-10-22 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZavBE View Post
    Heirlooms scale to 620 at 100 - they are equivalent to some open world blues and barely above the drops from UBRS/Grimrail/Shadowmoon/Everbloom, which drop 615 blues.
    If you don't get a loom off garrosh, you can also get a 610 blue from the proving grounds quest (earn bronze).
    Oh, found this on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...rom_90_to_100/ guess that information was wrong then, if so then I am of course sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    The guaranteed heirloom can't be a shield or an off-hand though, you would just get a weapon three times.
    Source on that, please. Are you telling me that my chances of getting the tanking shield before WoD are rather slim even on my paladin and warrior?
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

It's about 10% to get an heirloom, isn't it? Then there is a whole bunch of heirlooms, so yeah.. Rather slim.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    And all heirlooms will be the exact same ilvl at 100 = 633 (Dosnt matter if it's Mythic or Normal). And that will be 3 ilvls over HC dungeon gear, if I recall correctly now? In other words - you save your self the stress from having to farm HC dungeons to get a weapon before the raid.
    620 ilv at lv 100. However, during leveling they are better than any other weapons till you get to HC dungeon content at lv 100.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    620 ilv at lv 100. However, during leveling they are better than any other weapons till you get to HC dungeon content at lv 100.
    Yeah, some reddit thread tricked me into believing they would be 633 at lvl 100.

I am a Rogue, I had a heirloom drop for me this week - Polearm.

Is that a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
    I am a Rogue, I had a heirloom drop for me this week - Polearm.

Is that a bug?
    first one?
    if so then yes probably a bug
    if not you can get whatever after the first one

Yeah, some reddit thread tricked me into believing they would be 633 at lvl 100.
    iirc they were 633 at some point in the beta so depends what date the reddit thread had on it (or if the guy writing it had up to date info) ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, found this on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...rom_90_to_100/ guess that information was wrong then, if so then I am of course sorry!
    All good, they changed them a while ago - assumedly because they were really damn good if they were better than HC dungeon drops. As of now, they're just great for hitting 100. I've got the axe,staff and bow and I'm pretty set regarding leveling my alts to 100 in an efficient manner. Then I can just switch my specs and gear up in dungeons/HC dungeons w/ guildies
    That being said, you get a 510 blue MH the instant you cross the portal, so don't worry if you don't have a great 500+ MH
    The tannan jungle enemies drop like flies (even with my 500 alt) and the quest rewards are all 510ish, so you'll catch up quickly even if you just have the boost greens.
    At end-game, the gearing up looks like this for weapons:
    1) 610 weapon from proving grounds quest
    2) 615 lvl 100 weapon from dungeons
    3) 620 garry loom
    4) 630 HC dungeon drop
    5) 640 crafted (if you get really unlucky in HC dungeons)

Will the looms be helpful for leveling? yep.
    They're also equivalent to random lvl 100 vignettes out in the world.
    Also archeology BoAs.

Basically don't lose sleep - they're equivalent to drops by rares like in Pandaria.

Edit: Here's the quest for the 610 weapon. Proving grounds bronze is an actual joke - I did it on toons that I had no clue how to play (holy pally, enhance shammy) but silver takes a bit more finesse.
    Last edited by ZavBE; 2014-10-22 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks to Visenna for the signature.