10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Soloing after the nerf

Anyone else had any troubles with soloing after the nerf? Before it I could solo all of the cata raids bar throne of four winds on 25H now I can't get past shannox in FL on 25H, I've had to resort to switching to 25N to kill him because rageface just does so much damage, before I was able to kill shannox while my SF tanked rageface, but now I have him down to ~45% when my SF disappears.

I've only had a crack at FL for now and am going to give the other cata raids a crack later on but so far I'm a little bit sad that it's ended up this way, I guess I can take comfort in knowing this stuff should be faceroll at 100.

Shannox's dogs specifically feels like they're hitting too hard. Have you tried nuking rageface instead and killing him before his stun?

For the most part all the fights I was able to do before have become easier or I was able to do 1 difficulty/size higher afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shannox has some 12mil health while rageface has 14.5mil, it simply isn't worth it to try and zerg rageface.

Deleted
    are you playing with Shadow insight? just SW:P both dogs including Shannox -> focus Shannox -> DP as much as you can (should instantly heal you to 100% + the DoT ticks heal a shit ton as well) and use Vampiric Embrace when you're not getting them procs.

I can solo everything I could previously and am able to solo things I could not previously.

seems fine to me.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

IIRC they're still fixing little oddities like this. Keep your shorts on.

Deleted
    Soloing is, barring a few exceptions, easier ranging from as easy / same to a lot easier. The exceptions will be fixed if you notify Blizzard. Verify its not you who is at fault, and then Esc -> Help -> Submit Bug.

The only thing that changed, or sucked for me is that last week i solo'd icc 10man norm. and switched to LK 25 man heroic for a chance at mount. And of course this week it would not let me back into the zone to do it on 25... nice, thanks for that change.
    Last edited by slime; 2014-10-22 at 04:45 PM.

Deleted
    I couldn't kill majordomo on hc 25. For shannox you just have to focus rageface, then riplimb then go on shannox.

Couldn't solo halfus on 25 hc in BoT but he hits like a truck anyway, 10 man was fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't do it on 25H then. You get the same loot from all diffrent difficulties, the only diffrent is like 0.3% more drop chance on the mounts.

Deleted
    Its pretty easy to solo Shannox 25 hc (and baleroc as well) if you use the stacking buff from alisrazor.

What i use to do is starting the alisrazor fight and flying through the circles until i have ~30 to 35 stacks of the buff (requires a bit practice since shannox needs to be close to you when you hit that point). Then you have 40sec to fly over to shannox (or baleroc - (!! you need to "fly" through the entrance to the baleroc boss-area since there are invisible walls aruond)) and just burst him down.

Works very well for me (580 ilvl) but you will die after killing the boss because the buff runs out, you can't get back to alisrazor and get killed by the too-far-away debuff.

This way i killed last 2 weeks Bethtilac (stay at the bottom until she comes down), shannox, baleroc and alisrazor on 25 heroic (in that order), switched to normal for the rest and cleared it without problems.
    Last edited by mmoc91ef082e59; 2014-10-23 at 08:04 AM.

Really wish I could solo 25m heroic ultraxion.

Deleted
    ive only been going 25/heroic where i need to (yogg, lich king, etc) and I haven't had any difficulties, lich king takes a bit longer, but otherwise im burning through everything in seconds (568 hunter)

Deleted
    Yeah, I've been having some problems on my Spriest, so much so that I'm waiting until L100 to start farming all the stuff I want.

They should have left things as they were once the patch hit, but I guess we were having too much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelDamage View Post
    ive only been going 25/heroic where i need to (yogg, lich king, etc) and I haven't had any difficulties, lich king takes a bit longer, but otherwise im burning through everything in seconds (568 hunter)
    Thank you for sharing your insight and experience on soloing raid bosses as a Hunter in a (Priest Forum)Shadow Priest Thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    ICC is way slower.
    Bosses have their kill time tripled or more except Gunship Battle (killed in 5s from 1min) and LK (40sec down from 5 min if i recall corectly)

I had problems with Shannox as well and put off the whole "farm stinking Firelands for the staff and mounts" until 100.

Not really having any issues with 10M Cata raids, tried 25M but felt like it was too much of a hassle.

As a 584 Shadow Priest, I can solo mostly all of the legacy content (pre MoP). Failed Sinestra a few times though, but I'm sure I can do it.