Honor gear at the begining of WoD

hey guys, quick question about the honor gear
    I searched on google and on the forums but I couldnt find any satisfying answer.

Some people told me that aparently,it is not possible to buy HONOR gear before the beining of the arena season.. is this true ? A friend told me that this was the case at the begining of MoP, but I wasn't playing at the launch of MoP so I can't confirm if this is true or not.
    As far as I remember, in cata this wasnt the case though.
    Does that mean theres no point in rushing lvl 100 if youre a 100% pvp player because you wont be able to buy honor gear anyways ? (until a few weeks into the expension)

thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is there a point in capping 4000honor before the begining of the expension if you cant buy gear ? because this honor wont count as "earned during the season" and if you cant buy gear anyways until week2-3 then you can recap and earn the honor as current season ?

if you did any research or had some common sense you would of known they wouldn't not add pvp gear for 3 weeks, no one would do bgs or skirmishes and it would force a lot of people to not play. there is blue honor gear to farm and the vendor is in ashran, it's been like that at the start of every expansion, blue gear farming before season starts.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=82880

Enjoy the leveling part