Skinner like Addon

Skinner is not being updated for 6.0 and was wondering if anyone had found an alternative to it.

I tried tinkering with the addon but there are a lot of frames and custom addons to go through. I don't want a UI pack like Elv / TUKUI etc... I just want the frames skinned of default wow.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i switched to MiirGUI texture pack, there's not much customization besides font (editing the addon itself, no config) but i find it quite nice

Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    Skinner is not being updated for 6.0
    Where are you getting your information son? I haven't seen Jncl mention anything about it anywhere. Skinner still works just fine, but if you're frightened by slightly out-dated .toc files you can try Aurora...

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    it's running pre6.0 skins for some frames, giving lua errors on load, but he's working on them probably

Jncl had his last update on Oct 2nd. Since then post patch release there is no news or announcements. Turn on errors for Skinners and you will see the bazillion lua errors coming up. Even the addon skins need to be updated. The FPS drops by almost 20 every time skinner is loaded. I don't have any loyalty towards addons (or their authors) just because they created a great addon few years back. I can live with uninstalling it.

For future reference don't try to be condescending; It just shows your childish side. Will check out the few alternates mentioned. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    i switched to MiirGUI texture pack, there's not much customization besides font (editing the addon itself, no config) but i find it quite nice
    That is my current choice too.
    Graphics replacements have no impact on performance, and so for a light-weight option that is a good choice as the addon component doesn't do a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    Jncl had his last update on Oct 2nd. Since then post patch release there is no news or announcements. Turn on errors for Skinners and you will see the bazillion lua errors coming up. Even the addon skins need to be updated. The FPS drops by almost 20 every time skinner is loaded. I don't have any loyalty towards addons (or their authors) just because they created a great addon few years back. I can live with uninstalling it.

For future reference don't try to be condescending; It just shows your childish side. Will check out the few alternates mentioned. Thanks!
    No one was being condescending - it just isn't good to claim an addon is dead unless the author has directly stated so. Not every addon is going to be updated the day a new patch hits - real life usually gets in the way. Now, if the last update was Oct 2nd _2013_, you might have a point

I love this add on, and i know its been updated, twice, but its still spamming my chat panel with "skinnameplate" even after i turn off errors and warnings. I even unchecked nameplates.

any idea's on how to fix this, or is it still being worked on?

Edit: never mind, it seems logging in and out was required to effect some of those changes, everything seems to be fixed now.
    Last edited by Blitzwing; 2014-10-27 at 01:53 AM.