Thread: Mount count

Mount count

So I've been getting back in the game lately trying to catch up on my mount count to at least have 150 before warlords, but the last few mounts I've gotten, the achievement count for the mounts won't go up. It just sits at 142. I don't know if the count is just legitimately not going up or if its just glitching out on what it shows.

Deleted
    The mount counter in the achievement actually only counts the mounts that the active character can use. So certain class mounts or profession-specific mounts wouldn't be counted even if they show in the mount tab. To make sure, all mounts are counted, just log onto each character once, then it should be updated correctly.

Deleted
    which profession mounts arent counted? my hunter (skinning/leatherworking) still gets the carpets and flying machines counted despite being unable to ride them.

Only mounts that dont get counted are alternate class mounts (death knight, warlock, paladin), and opposite faction mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by clivegasm View Post
    The mount counter in the achievement actually only counts the mounts that the active character can use. So certain class mounts or profession-specific mounts wouldn't be counted even if they show in the mount tab. To make sure, all mounts are counted, just log onto each character once, then it should be updated correctly.
    Yeah, but the mounts I've been getting that it doesn't count are stuff like the pandaren kite from the ambassador achievement and alternate cloud serpents.

Deleted
    which profession mounts arent counted? my hunter (skinning/leatherworking) still gets the carpets and flying machines counted despite being unable to ride them.
    might have changed recently then. good to know they're counted correctly

Yeah, but the mounts I've been getting that it doesn't count are stuff like the pandaren kite from the ambassador achievement and alternate cloud serpents.
    the counter still might be missing some from your other toons. check in on any Paladin, DK and Warlock you might have and see if that changes anything