Just a quick mage talent question

How come as Arcane, Supernova has a chance to proc Missiles.... But as Fire, Blast Wave doesn't give a Heating up? That and compared to one another even with stat priorities considered, that Supernova still does more damage than blast wave.

Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post
    How come as Arcane, Supernova has a chance to proc Missiles.... But as Fire, Blast Wave doesn't give a Heating up? That and compared to one another even with stat priorities considered, that Supernova still does more damage than blast wave.
    Who said that they should do equal damage? Talents are in line with another options of _the_same_ spec, not others. Living bomb doesn't give you Heating up, and UM too...
    Last edited by nLord; 2014-10-24 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post
    Yeah and? They are different spells for different specs, they don't have to do the exact same things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything gives missile procs. Only specific things give heating up.

I mean, i knew this.. I guess I was hoping to see someone who maybe caught an early on Blue post or something behind the dynamics of it. Some fights Living Bomb is better, some fights the others are better. Maybe I was just hoping to hear a possible update to allow those AoEs to be more dynamic to the spec similar to how Supernova is for Arcane. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the trio of novas is embarrassing. They are not comparable at all.

For example, the crowd-control component of [Supernova] is literally stupid and embarrassing when is compared to that of [Ice Nova].

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    For example, the crowd-control component of [Supernova] is literally stupid and embarrassing when is compared to that of [Ice Nova].
    Yup, something not on the DRs is stupid and embarrassing when it makes targets harmless to your group. Might be "embarrassing" in PvP, but it's absolutely amazing in PvE, plus it hits like a truck.

PS: It's the best spell possible for Pre-P3 Garrosh MCs. Doesn't CC the target if they break out of MC, but makes them unable to cast (and interrupts) for a nice period of time.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-10-25 at 04:17 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yup, something not on the DRs is stupid and embarrassing when it makes targets harmless to your group. Might be "embarrassing" in PvP, but it's absolutely amazing in PvE, plus it hits like a truck.

PS: It's the best spell possible for Pre-P3 Garrosh MCs. Doesn't CC the target if they break out of MC, but makes them unable to cast (and interrupts) for a nice period of time.
    With all due respect, but the statements I have marked in bold have impacted me greatly.

Are you sure you're talking about the same [Supernova]?

If so, please explain to me how it is possible that [Supernova] does all that, if the only thing that it does is forcing the enemy to make a small jump that lasts just 0.97 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all due respect, but the statements I have marked in bold have impacted me greatly.

If so, please explain to me how it is possible that [Supernova] does all that, if the only thing that it does is forcing the enemy to make a small jump that lasts just 0.97 seconds.
    Cast is @ 3 seconds out of 4 seconds, cast super nova - interrupts - cant cast for an additional second - 4 seconds later cast goes off

Just for an example... that one super nova with that 1 second jump, just prevented an extra MC going out, and bought you 8 seconds to get them down. ( 3 seconds into the cast + 1 second in the air + 4 seconds to kill before cast goes off )

Its no different than any other interrupt but it also deals a fuck load of damage, and can AOE interrupt ( most people are stacked for MC's ), so yeah I'd say its pretty amazing, especially when you consider that the players can go right back to casting when they're broken out rather than having 1-3 seconds of being locked out.

Link two together, it'll last much longer.

If we're referring to targets that are CCable (otherwise, SN just flat out wins compared to IN/BW due to bonus Mastery damage), SN doesn't suffer DRs like IN and can be linked with itself if your GCD is quick enough, or other Arcane Mages. Multiple SNs seem to have a slowfall-like effect and launches them higher. If we're referring strictly about spell interrupts, I refer you to Cebel's comment above me, otherwise (if a Melee/Ranged NPC), they don't attack at all despite being in range.

IN will stun for, what, 2s on the first cast, 1s on the second, and 0.5s on the third before being DR'd completely? Also, is it a stun or a freeze? I don't remember (plus I haven't been Frost since 6.0 launched). If it's a stun, yeah, it can be more powerful in some scenarios, but a lot of targets are stun immune or have spells that break stuns, but AFAIK, almost nothing that has partial/no CC-immunity has knockup immunity.

PS: About the Garrosh instance, MCs last for about 2-3 seconds. With me casting SN, they last under 1.5s (it does that much damage) and makes them unable to get a single cast off on ALL MC'D TARGETS (assuming your group isn't retarded and is stacking up). Yes, IN does the same thing, but IN may also stun targets when they come out of MC, which = less DPS. SN is less harmful because at least you can continue to instant-cast/continue-as-a-melee-or-Hunter, but still dealing around double* the damage of IN due to Mastery.

* Number obviously varies from Mage to Mage. I have around 110% Mastery with raid buff.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-10-25 at 09:47 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.