Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If you cannot pay 15 $ a month and 50$ for an x-pac every two years (adding these numbers and breaking this down to an average of 17 dollars a month) Then - what can you play? You couldn't buy 3 Console game per year.
    For a yearly wow cost you could buy a metric shitton of games on a Steam sale...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    For a yearly wow cost you could buy a metric shitton of games on a Steam sale...
    Most people who buy a shitton on Steam sales usually don't really play most of the games that they bought though.

It will die eventually, even if that takes decades.

Everquest 1 and Ultima still have servers up.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this rate, I see WoW existing (with slowly declining subs) for at least another 5-6 years. Which in my opinion, is not "dying". WoD has proven that an expansion can significantly boost the number of players. I'm sure it will drop off again in the next 6 months or so, but obviously players are still passionate about the game, so it's not going down without a fight.

Honestly, I would be perfectly satisfied if Blizzard purposefully killed WoW in 4 or 5 years and created a WoW 2 with a fully modernized engine, graphics and interface.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    At this rate, I see WoW existing (with slowly declining subs) for at least another 5-6 years. Which in my opinion, is not "dying". WoD has proven that an expansion can significantly boost the number of players. I'm sure it will drop off again in the next 6 months or so, but obviously players are still passionate about the game, so it's not going down without a fight.

Honestly, I would be perfectly satisfied if Blizzard purposefully killed WoW in 4 or 5 years and created a WoW 2 with a fully modernized engine, graphics and interface.
    Why? If they wanted a new engine, they could just port data across (accounts, character names, etc) surely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

World of Warcraft: Too Big to Fail. Does it qualify for government bailouts? Hurrhurr.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

MMOs, or at least WoW, is very different in comparison to other games.

Deleted
    It will die some day but it would mean that other, better MMO took players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    Why? If they wanted a new engine, they could just port data across (accounts, character names, etc) surely?
    Certainly. But I think the idea of starting fresh and it being a new game experience would be attractive to a lot of people. It might seem less intimidating. New people are already intimidated by the leveling.

BUT if they just ported everything over they would pretty much have to keep pandas in the game, which is unacceptable.