Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Where are you getting this number? I just ran the numbers from WoWhead's garrison calculator (recently updated to give you total cost) and a lv 3 garrison with all lv 3 buildings comes out to 9.85k g and 8.65k GR (garrison resources). Granted, a lot of lv 3 buildings require account wide achievements before you can get them.

10k doesn't seem so bad per character since most players will probably shard/sell off quest gear till they start replacing their raid gear. Additionally, the changes in VP/JP = gold/apexis crystals seems to indicate the the flow of gold should be increased. This is especially true since Blizzard did already comment on the 500g price for a bonus loot roll (for raids) wasn't extreme.
    I checked the numbers again and it appears there were changes since the time I counted the total cost for a full garrison to be around 25k. It's less now. Not 10k, like you suggest, that's just the cost of buildings, you have to buy designs as well, but not 25k either - something around 15k.

Thanks for making me re-check.

Yes, I agree 15k (and even 25k) doesn't seem so bad (although this has to be multiplied by the number of active alts), but this is the first time where something as important for the game as garrisons takes this kind of gold, plus they seem to be trying to get all ways to earn gold under much tighter control than before - which in practice means heavy nerfs to making money via things like farming and professions. They obviously want everyone to make not more than X gold per hour or, perhaps, Y gold per week, no matter how hard you try. I fear they might be doing this to provide "gameplay" on the cheap by throwing money-sink items from mounts (cosmetic) to garrisons (not so cosmetic) to plain gold for gear instead of valor (not very cosmetic either) to who knows what in the future, and I don't like this at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickj399 View Post
    Not going to be as concerned as the OP, but if you think the profession buildings and the shared AH is going to change the economics in game you are sadly mistaken.
    Why? I think it is a no-brainer that the economy is going to change with changes to professions in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Added note:

Quite a lot of people in the thread are coming to say that they can make gold now / could make gold always just fine so everything is great. The thing is, this is about WoD. WoD isn't MoP, there were changes, important ones.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-10-30 at 07:04 AM.

The thing is, gold-making isn't about your fucking ore shuffles.

This thread pretty much sums up just how retarded all your 'SKY IS FALLING!!!' cries sound and just how happy the REAL ah-goblins are: http://stormspire.net/general-discus...-give-you.html
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    And yet Blizzard removed the guardian cub from the Blizzard store and NOTING has replaced it in the months since. Enough of this bullshit already. Posts like this especially from low count posters needs to result in an immediate and perm ban because they are not here to "discuss" anything. They only want to fear monger and spread misinformation.
    First, if low count posters got banned every time they posted an opinion sites like this would cease to exist.

Secondly, fearmongering? a) its a game, whats to be fearful of? b) its just the reality. How many people said they'd never introduce paid character boosts because it would be "an unfair advantage" or it would "destroy the leveling experience"...Yet here we are, paid boosts and all, has the game come to a sudden death?. Again, your naive if you think Blizzard wont introduce paid gold services. Its as inevitable as the sun rising in the morning. Stick your head in the sand all you like but it's simply not gonna change the fact that Blizzard are not gonna turn there back on the revenue paid gold will generate.

All of these threads represent the same preamble we saw before paid boosts became a reality. Everyone and there mother argued it would be a disaster and it would never happen because of reasons. Yet it happened, Blizzard knows how to drain you of every last cent of disposable income you've got. Look at Hearthstone, its making a mint cause Blizzard have perfected the art of impulse purchasing. "All i need is that one legendary card to make that perfect deck and then ill get to that rank ive always wanted" so you go and buy 40 packs at $50 cause thats the best way to guarantee being able to get the card you want. It's the same with gold in WoW, "man that shiny sword on the AH looks mighty fine, i wish i could just go buy gold so i can get it now". That psychology represents millions in potential profit for Blizzard. Get used to the idea of paid gold, its coming as sure as shit.
    Last edited by ngauge; 2014-10-30 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ngauge View Post
    First, if low count posters got banned every time they posted an opinion sites like this would cease to exist.

Secondly, fearmongering? a) its a game, whats to be fearful of? b) its just the reality. How many people said they'd never introduce paid character boosts because it would be "an unfair advantage" or it would "destroy the leveling experience"...Yet here we are, paid boosts and all, has the game come to a sudden death?. Again, your naive if you think Blizzard wont introduce paid gold services. Its as inevitable as the sun rising in the morning. Stick your head in the sand all you like but it's simply not gonna change the fact that Blizzard are not gonna turn there back on the revenue paid gold will generate.

All of these threads represent the same preamble we saw before paid boosts became a reality. Everyone and there mother argued it would be a disaster and it would never happen because of reasons. Yet it happened, Blizzard knows how to drain you of every last cent of disposable income you've got. Look at Hearthstone, its making a mint cause Blizzard have perfected the art of impulse purchasing. "All i need is that one legendary card to make that perfect deck and then ill get to that rank ive always wanted" so you go and buy 40 packs at $50 cause thats the best way to guarantee being able to get the card you want. It's the same with gold in WoW, "man that shiny sword on the AH looks mighty fine, i wish i could just go buy gold so i can get it now". That psychology represents millions in potential profit for Blizzard. Get used to the idea of paid gold, its coming as sure as shit.
    Yes, yes. Thanks for clearing out the competition for the actual gold farmers who are going to use you and your complete lack of understanding for their advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.