Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    2 healers is probably best what to go for. Even that feels like too much and our druid is dpsing most of the time with dream of cenarius on and throwing in some help in transition when quite bit of ppl didn't get the bubble. Even with worse gear doing it with 2 healers both actually healing would make it quite easily possible. Using less healers is better in this fight as more dps makes it easier by skipping abilities. Are you also using 1 tank?

10+ Year Old Account
    We kill him now before he even starts the channel that creates the adds.
    Just lust there if you are having trouble. The fight is embarrassing now, even if you summon 4 iron stars, just kite them around for a few seconds and the boss dies before the next stacked malice comes out.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

I can't see 2 heals working for a first kill. We've had Garry on farm almost 9 months and we're not 2 healing it. P1 transition is extremely difficult for healers if everybody doesn't get a buff. Three is enough to give healers a bit of wiggle room and there really aren't any huge DPS checks at this point in the game worth trading a healer for an extra DPS.

Hmm well I didn't have any problems healing it with resto druid throwing wild growth on cd and few hots and spamming wrath otherwise. That was with 5 people missing shields. Just need to make use of personal cds and things like vigilance and hand of sacrifice and it shouldn't be that hard.

We have also a casual group in the guild and they couldn't kill hc/mythic garrosh before 6.02 and now they 2 healed with 572 and 579 ilevel healers quite easily and only wiping there because being slow on transition (in which having more dps would actually have helped). But yea I don't think it really matter if it's 2 or 3 healers that much in terms of extra dps. It just gets a bit boring with some 60% overheal and end up dpsing anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the ideas guys. After 3 hours that shitty orc died!!! 2 tanks, 4 healers, rest DPS.

We didn't do the immunity thing, just in and out, rinse repeat. Although if you plan to start working on Garrosh - Malice needs practice if you are not that good at what you do. Also Gabestah's youtube 10-man guide has the weak aura import for malice. Could help you out if you have hard time paying attention to the debuff.

Also for the 1st 3 phases it might take few pull for you to figure out which way is it best to handle weapons/adds and stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Thanks for the ideas guys. After 3 hours that shitty orc died!!! 2 tanks, 4 healers, rest DPS.

We didn't do the immunity thing, just in and out, rinse repeat. Although if you plan to start working on Garrosh - Malice needs practice if you are not that good at what you do. Also Gabestah's youtube 10-man guide has the weak aura import for malice. Could help you out if you have hard time paying attention to the debuff.

Also for the 1st 3 phases it might take few pull for you to figure out which way is it best to handle weapons/adds and stuff.
    Tbh first 3 phases can be done lfr style now. Obviously guilds now reaching him will have less dps but for at lest th first two phases you can just stack and switch to the weapons. The dps check to skip 2nd transition is non existent (where previously we'd meet the check with 10-15 seconds to spare we now have over a minute left and thats with people switching to weapons).

Now that logs have item level, there's really no reason to ask or debate how many of X or Y you need in a raid. You have no idea what people's raids look like compared to your own.

Just go to WCL or WoL and look up a bunch of parses that match your raid ~iLVl and composition. See what they brought and what worked.

I can tell you right now I looked at 75+ Mythic Garrosh kills around ~576 average item level and all of them used 3 or 4 healers. Every single one. And they were still occasionally losing people to Annihilate, Whirl or Malice. So dude above telling you to 2 heal (or 1 heal lol) is either full of shit or running with a raid stacked with 588 DPS who kill everything before it has a chance to do any damage anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcin the Hunter View Post
    It's easily doable. We 2 healed 2 weeks ago with only ~583 average ilvl and only half the group got the buff during the transition. Our dps wasn't even that great that week.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...m#type=summary

Not arguing, just saying it's not as difficult as you make it seem. But yeah, like someone said early, 2 heal for first kill probably isn't ideal.
    583 is a world away from 575. The stat inflation from those last 8 ilevels is fucking nuts. Raid comp (and ability to use raid CD's) plays a big role.

Not arguing, just saying it's not as difficult as you make it seem. But yeah, like someone said early, 2 heal for first kill probably isn't ideal.
    I didn't "make it seem" any way at all. I just said it's better to do your own research rather than rely on the advice of random forum posters.

Your post is a perfect example of why.

You're suggesting 2 healing is "easily doable" when you have more than half of your raid over 585, a 586 Tank, all but 2 of your DPS pulling 13k+, etc. This all might seem rather mundane to you, but compared to a raid like this with a 576 item level, only 6 people > 580 and almost 60k less DPS your advice is at best inapplicable and at worst misleading. If that raid tried your strategy, they could easily end up flubbing pull after pull on lack of heals.

I'm not saying the fight is super hard. I'm not making any statement whatsoever about difficulty. All I'm saying is you're better off looking at raids that are as close to your own as possible in item level, DPS and composition in order to make choices about strategy.

The entire reason item level was added to combat logging was to make this kind of research possible.
    Last edited by Radish Spirit; 2014-11-04 at 07:23 PM.

It's easily doable. We 2 healed 2 weeks ago with only ~583 average ilvl and only half the group got the buff during the transition. Our dps wasn't even that great that week.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...m#type=summary

To add to this, we don't 3 heal it because we can't 2 heal it. I'm sure if everybody played properly, it's very, very easily 2 healable. (Or even solo healable tbh.) But our main raid is mostly BiS or near BiS so the amount of DPS we lose 3 healing it is negligible at best. There's no point in making a trivial encounter any more difficult than it needs to be. We've been doing 3 or 4 subsequent 14/14 Mythic clears with our alts and even in those runs, with significantly lower average item levels, we 3 heal Garrosh.

This was like the 10 mans who insisted on solo healing 10M Garry well after the need to do so had passed. (Paragon did it because their average ilvl was 560ish. There was no reason to solo heal when the whole raid was near 580, but some guilds did it anyway.) Yes, again, it's definitely doable, but just because you can do it doesn't always mean it's the best idea.

I was just saying you don't need a raid stacked with 588 dps. You just need people who know how to play correctly.
    Okay, that's not an either/or scenario. People who know how to play correctly aren't going to down Mythic Garrosh in a 550 raid. It takes both gear and "correct play," obviously.

I'm not sure what or why you're even arguing. You don't seem to be addressing my point at all. 588 may have been an exaggeration, but your post is still an exemplary indicator of why it's a bad idea to base your raid make-up on advice from people whose raids you are unfamiliar with.

Yes, your raid was not 588, but it was in fact very heavily stacked with 585+, 16 DPS doing 13k+ and experienced to boot. Telling people that 2-healing is "easily doable" when you know they are a) new to the fight and b) probably not in a group as geared as yours is not helpful advice. It's just not. The fact that you are continuing to push the concept is exactly why people shouldn't rely on forum posters to build their raids.

Just use logs. They have ilvl now. You don't have to trust strangers to tell you how to build your raids anymore.