Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Just wanted to drop in and say, as a balance druid, it would be better to do nothing than to spam moonfire/sunfire or starfall (which is still just a death wish in a lot of cases till they fix it, as always lol) at non-optimal eclipse times.

We do have Starsurge (in wod) that can be instant, if it's up and your charges aren't tied up in upcoming rotation.

That is our plethora of instants. Can't even toss down shrooms anymore on the move. If we were to use our "spammable instant with no cooldown", more often than not, we would do less damage overall than standing still. How's that for "Fun gameplay"

Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    Level 90 DPS is not indicative of what 100 DPS will look like, especially given the short encounter durations
    No, they said they'd be adjusted. Big difference.
    But we're 6 days away from WoD and we don't have any visibility on the adjustments for level 100. The nerfs were about level 90, but why did they buff massively only balance a few days ago then ? Why not the others classes they've nerfed in less than 48 hours ?
    I really don't like being in the dark like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Murg View Post
    Just wanted to drop in and say, as a balance druid, it would be better to do nothing than to spam moonfire/sunfire or starfall (which is still just a death wish in a lot of cases till they fix it, as always lol) at non-optimal eclipse times.
    Why is it better to do nothing than spam moonfire/sunfire? Seems to me while running it is always a dps increase to cast them as long as you aren't wasting a gcd right before you stop. I am aware that the dps increase is pretty minor.

There's a misunderstanding in the Boomkin community that Moonfire and Sunfire DoTs are still intended to snapshot the Eclipse bonus. Only the direct damage component is intended to "snapshot" in WoD, but I haven't tested this behavior on Live to confirm....mostly because I can't stand the spec since the pre-patch.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2014-11-07 at 05:47 AM.