How to change SimulationsCraft actions?

Hi Everyone,

Not really sure where to put this but hopefully wherever it ends up someone can help me please. So I have searched and played around but for accuracy's sake I cannot figure out how to remove pre-combat and combat actions such as take a potion, use a flask and eat food. So from Simulationcraft the ones I want to remove are:

actions.precombat=flask,type=warm_sun
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=mogu_fish_stew
    actions=potion,name=jade_serpent,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.health.pct<=20

I tried doing just actions.precombat=flask,type=0 in the overrides but well I guess that would have been too easy! So is this possible? I was thinking that the another option would be to change the food for something really low in stats but I wasn't sure that Simulationcraft would recognise it.

Secondly I have been trying to make a target without a execute range. So that option seems to have gone from the enemy list so do I choose custom then add something like to the overrides?:

enemy=Dragon_King
    enemy_fixed_health_percentage=20

I found that online somewhere but not sure it actually does what I want.

From one non-technical minded person thank you all for your help in advance.

I believe just deleting the line in the profile will remove those actions. I'm not sure if this is the most efficient way of doing this but if you don't want to use your execute ability during execute phase then just delete the line that uses the execute action. I could help you more if I knew the class.

Hi Kazkek,

Thank you very much for the reply. What an obvious answer to just delete the lines yet that never even occurred to me! Now I feel stupid, oh well.

I play a warlock and not sure if you know much about them but for Destro that would be easy enough as removing the Shadowburn line. For Demo though it gets rather complicated as once the mob is under 25% execute range one can Soul Flame continuously (not that it's good mana wise) rather than Shadow Bolt. Plus before this point the lock will want to do numerous Soul Flames to use up all the procs hence a changing mob health rather changes the number you would cast. I will keep playing and see if I can get a static boss health rather than changing the action lines for now.

Another question in case anyone knows. In the SimulationCraft results under buffs there is Amplification which the tooltip says buffs certain secondary stats by 12%. I know the buff is from my Purified Bindings of Immerseus trinket but in game it says a 6% buff, on armoury a 2% buff and on Wowhead 6.46% so I don't really know what is correct but is SimulationCraft using the correct figure? It does say level 100 though in the program so maybe it is reduced for my level 90 character. Not that this will really impact figures it's more curiousity than anything.

Thanks again to any responders.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2014-10-30 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Hi Kazkek,

Thank you very much for the reply. What an obvious answer to just delete the lines yet that never even occurred to me! Now I feel stupid, oh well.

I play a warlock and not sure if you know much about them but for Destro that would be easy enough as removing the Shadowburn line. For Demo though it gets rather complicated as once the mob is under 25% execute range one can Soul Flame continuously (not that it's good mana wise) rather than Shadow Bolt. Plus before this point the lock will want to do numerous Soul Flames to use up all the procs hence a changing mob health rather changes the number you would cast. I will keep playing and see if I can get a static boss health rather than changing the action lines for now.

Another question in case anyone knows. In the SimulationCraft results under buffs there is Amplification which the tooltip says buffs certain secondary stats by 12%. I know the buff is from my Purified Bindings of Immerseus trinket but in game it says a 6% buff, on armoury a 2% buff and on Wowhead 6.46% so I don't really know what is correct but is SimulationCraft using the correct figure? It does say level 100 though in the program so maybe it is reduced for my level 90 character. Not that this will really impact figures it's more curiousity than anything.

Thanks again to any responders.
    Unfortunately I am at my work computer and its a bit harder to look at the warlock simC profiles, but there should also be conditional requirements on some of the actions. These conditional requirements look like
    Code:
    ,if="blahblah"
    target.health<35
    If you can find the conditional for Demo that works with soul flam then you can fix this yourself.

As for the amplification trinket, thats a tough one because Im not sure which buff it pulls for use with a level 90. It should be the same one that you have on live right now at level 90. Remember though that Amplification and Readiness stats were removed in WoD so at 91+ your amp trinket is going to be much much less effective. Thats to ensure no one above 90 uses it.

I can help more later tonight.

Thanks again for the helpful reply Kazkek. I think that I am all fixed now and in a better position to keep improving my play.