Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I hate the "We got 6 bots, 2 grey-green equipped chars, 3 afk, 3 stoners and 1 ret in healing gear, let's make this loss as slow and painful as possible' mentality

The situation you describe where the team still has a realistic chance of success is rare IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I've seen it before, but usually it's a case of like 100/1400, and suddenly NOW the team starts to fight hard, only really causing a delay.
    Pretty much. At that point I just want to get out of that scrubfest ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    The only time I tell my "team" to yes let the horde win is when we are 10 being farmed at graveyard and there is 5 rogues/druids capping stuff that they can't hold anyway.. At that point there is no reason to do it.

I've always thought honor should be awarded mainly on how many objectives you get. This way if you've hard a hard WSG and lost it 2 caps to 3 you get a fair amount for your effort. That way if you're steam rolled it doesn't matter, but if the enemy caps in the first 5 minutes you still have incentive to try.
    RETH

Deleted
    When I see people saying "just let them win" I try even harder. To mess with them how they mess with me

Feel free to hate. I don't care one bit hah!

Deleted
    I'm all in for #no retreat, no surrender but most of the time, it's just pointless. Getting mowed down every 30 seconds all while hoping that your teammates will suddenly be enlightened and turn the tide eventually is no fun - it's frustrating and it's a waste of time. I'm a PVP player but at the moment, I'm just farming instances and doing dailies for rep points and gold. Occasionally, I feel like doing a battleground - after joining I remember why I almost always quit from every game. Honor gain below 30, 5 HKs in total, faith in humanity once more lost and above all, 15 minutes wasted. I don't have that much time for playing, so I'd rather desert and do something worthwhile that's fun to me instead of being cannon fodder to my opponents.

And Leonidas only followed that mentality because he was sure of his men. If they had been like most people in random battlegrounds, he would have probably just given up.
    Last edited by mmocde26664bcf; 2014-11-07 at 10:43 PM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember how many times i used that in BGs as horde

Deleted
    i think problem with PvP is when players start to maximize their honor/per hour

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Seriously, can we just go ahead and reduce the BG rewards for a loss to 0? I am sick of this "just let them win" mentality that seems to be present in BGs these days. Like, I totally get it when you're getting dominated but I was just in an Arathi Basin. We were at about 500/500 resources each when alliance managed to get a 4 cap. At that point, my entire team just sat at Farm with a "Just let them win" mentality. WTF? No. We had just lost a 4 cap against the alliance from moments before.

It seems absolutely ridiculous that this mentality exists. Buff the rewards for winning randoms and don't give any rewards to those who just want to lose.
    Let me guess, you're the kind of person who, if they were to raid, would insist upon pushing every encounter to the end, no matter what. 17 DPS dead due to a mistake and the boss at 85% health, who cares. You would push it to the enrage timer every time because "We can still totally do this!"

Deleted
    In PvE you get loot when you kill boss, in PvP you should get honor only when you win.

Quote Originally Posted by drakus View Post
    In PvE you get loot when you kill boss, in PvP you should get honor only when you win.
    The key difference being that NPCs don't mind getting nothing in return for wasting an hour of their life.