Why does ICC keep switching the difficulty from 10 man to 25 man , when I enter ?

Hello, all. I have done some ICC bosses on 25 H this week, and since they share a lockout, wanted to change the last few bosses to 10 man normal. However, when I enter ICC, it automatically changes it to 25 man, regardless of reloads or logging out completely. It should allow me to change it, whenever , right? Or am I misunderstanding how the ICC raidlock works?

When you kill something in ICC on 25HC, you cannot switch back to 10 man difficulty. You are bound to the 25 man version as soon as you kill something on 25HC. Same goes for when you'd kill something on 10HC

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    When you kill something in ICC on 25HC, you cannot switch back to 10 man difficulty. You are bound to the 25 man version as soon as you kill something on 25HC. Same goes for when you'd kill something on 10HC
    It was not like this before. I have been soloing ICC for several weeks. Killed everything on 10 man heroic, then set to 25 man heroic. No problems. Just now I cannot switch to 25 man anymore while before I could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimakai View Post
    It was not like this before. I have been soloing ICC for several weeks. Killed everything on 10 man heroic, then set to 25 man heroic. No problems. Just now I cannot switch to 25 man anymore while before I could.
    I noticed this with the patch. If it's just happening to you you're lucky it occasionally happened before the patch to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimakai View Post
    It has always been like this, I've been farming the mount for a long time and there were a few times where I accidentally killed Marrowgar on 10 heroic and locked myself to 10 for that week, this was over a year ago. You may be confused thinking you killed something on 10 man NORMAL and then set to 25 man heroic which is and always has been possible.

However, once you kill a boss on heroic (regardless of difficulty) you become locked to that ID and that respective raid size.