Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It depends entirely on the setup. We take who wants to go to get everyone geared, which means sometimes we lack lust, sometimes we're carrying an ele shaman or a boomkin, stuff like that - can't just fill up with MM hunters. We kill it between the fourth / fifth burst "usually". Note that burst happens every 25 seconds, which means that to kill it before the fourth burst (~90 seconds), you need to do 70K dps amongst you, with zero healing on the boss. It's fully doable, to be sure, but experience tells me that you'll probably have the boss healing for (on average) 2 ticks per beam wave, adding about 12% health to the fight (or 8k dps) - one time might be one completly fucked up, another might be perfect.

Either way, you need 3x dps doing 20K each and a tank at 10K (or tank and dps all at 17.5k) with zero fuckups to do it before fourth burst.
    I do about 23-25k (depending on rng), enh shaman does about 18-20k, and mage/ret about the same as the shaman, tank does about 13-15k~ (guardian druid), our healer also helps with smiting when there is low damage (even our tank can heal through beam damage with hotw rejuv so our priest healer can do more damage). Boss dies fairly quick.
    Last edited by Hyu; 2014-11-26 at 10:40 AM.

Hardest to do, or hardest to get gold on because these are very different things?
    Skyreach IMO is the only one that is hard to do, mostly because the 2nd boss has a soft-enrage and unavoidable group damage making it both a DPS/Healer race and the final boss needs some control on the adds. Outside of that, none of them CMs are hard to simply do. As far as getting gold, I have no real idea as it requires pulling multiple packs at a time and I have yet to try anything like that.

Ubrs is hardest imo.
    if i were to make a list of the ones ive done sofar itd be
    UBRS>shadowmoon burial grounds>skyreach>grimrail>everbloom>iron docks
    not done auchindoun or slagmines yet. (im fully expecting both the demon boss in auchindoun and the bridge boss in slagmines to be pretty aids)

however, hardest to get gold on whould be a diffrent thing, sofar it feels to me that skyreach is the easiest instance to get gold in.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2014-11-26 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    UBRS > slagmines (without priest, mass dispel) ~ skyreach > shadowmoon burial grounds ~ auchindoun > grimrail ~ everbloom ~ iron docks ~ slagmines (with mass dispel)

Since it appears most here are talking pure encounter difficulty still and not gold difficulty - how did others find UBRS post nerf? I was expecting it to be a lot worse than it was, as I had been avoiding doing it pre-nerf. Slagmines felt a lot harder in general, although we did have 3 melee in that run

***Group was 3/5 people familiar with wod challenge modes - blood dk (yeah I know), disc priest (yeah I know again), spriest (no wod cm experience, end of 5.4 mop cm experience), mage (no cm experience)

Trash - in general was a complete nonissue, didn't have to CC or anything but did stick to single packs the entire time.
    First boss - fairly heavy raid damage, died with 0 wipes which I wasn't expecting after wiping a few times most bosses in slag mines. Fight felt very fair
    Second boss - tank damage seemed extreme to begin with, popped army and ignored it. Fight seemed easy after the 2 adds were dead - died once first time due to overall damage being taken
    Third boss - no adds? No problems. The gauntlet was more difficult than the boss, I feel the nerf was too severe here and maybe making the trash pack smaller would've been more appropriate
    fourth boss - seemed heavy on the ranged damage, but went fine
    Zaela - fun fight! definitely felt harder than most of the other bosses but not ridiculously difficult, just hectic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Why you say yeah i know to blood dk, its literally the strongest tank

UBRS is heavily comp dependant.

Did it 2 days ago with no melee and it was easy(ish) Zaela with 2 melee is a clusterfuck. Those adds she spawns can't be stunned and they spend the whole time knocking people into the flames. It's possible our positioning was shit but its just a pain. When the drakes come in tank zigs and the melee zag and suddenly a wall of flame seperates people and you've added 10-20 sec to your kill time.

Quote Originally Posted by Haasor View Post
    40k ? Holy crap I can only manage about 27k as Holy.
    30k here but it will oom me within 2 min tops.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Deleted
    I pulled between 35k and 45k in some bosses such as First boss in URBS and the Second boss in Skyreach

Im a Holy Paladin 634 ilvl
    Last edited by mmoc6ce5bc4e16; 2014-11-26 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrov View Post
    Why you say yeah i know to blood dk, its literally the strongest tank
    That's why, along with disc priest.

Albeit they chose to not nerf our aoe which was the real outlier.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Completed UBRS (4x, wtf was with the RNG on this for the last week?), Everbloom, Shadowmoon, Skyreach, Iron Dock and doing Grimrail today.

Everbloom was the easiest. Everything just explodes, it's like they have no armour or defence.
    Iron Dock was pretty easy.
    Skyreach was only hard because of the 2nd boss. As soon as your healer has a spec with 30k+ sustained HPS, and dps that know how to rotate cooldowns when in laser, its easy. Also, DK tank with 18k sustained HPS. Might have had a little to do with it.
    Shadowmoon wasn't hard by any stretch, but Ner'Zhul really hits like a truck in CM.
    UBRS... Ergh. We had this 3 days in a row, then Everbloom, followed by UBRS again. Orebender became a joke when we decided to only have tank + pally activate the traps, rather than DPS taking damage. Razorscale (? 4th boss) can seriously gimp you if he spits + melees at the same time on the tank, and you get unlucky. Zaela actually felt the easiest, as long as the add chains don't gimp you.

Trying to improve our times, but aside from just not messing up, what can we do? UBRS the trash hits pretty hard. Playing Alliance with:
    Blood DK / Ret Pally / Frost Mage / MM Hunter / Resto Druid.
    I don't think it should be so makeup dependant that we can't eventually get gold, but we will see. Might just take more perfectly rolled i630 gear.

Do others generally run pulling multiple packs and chain stunning? Our comp only allows for DK Stun (Winter's Remorse is godly), and potentially incapacitates or what have you. Maybe it would be worth kiting a little more, not sure. It seems Horde gets a bit of an advantage here with Tauren + Blood Elf, but I'm sure we can manage.
    Last edited by Rumstein; 2014-11-28 at 10:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    The difficulties are largely based on group comp. The only one that is far harder then the others is UBRS IMO.
    This pretty much. Though I found UBRS to be among the easiest - a lot of avoidable damage on almost all bosses.
    Skyreach is a nightmare if you don't have a good healer. Everbloom is also a nightmare if you don't have a good strategy or people don't execute it right.
    Iron Docks is definitely the easiest.

You should be able to multiple pull a couple packs at a time in UBRS comfortably enough, just make sure you're removing enrages and using the stuns intermittently (pretty sure your mage has an aoe stun that the mage i grouped with tonight was spamming)

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You should be able to multiple pull a couple packs at a time in UBRS comfortably enough, just make sure you're removing enrages and using the stuns intermittently (pretty sure your mage has an aoe stun that the mage i grouped with tonight was spamming)
    Hmm, you could be meaning Ring of Frost? Otherwise the arcane knockup (shame arcane sucks otherwise right now).

Hardest one imo is Skyreach, because of second boss. Easiest for us was Grimrail Depot. UBRS is the only one i have on silver, but it's still harder than Grimrail Depot imo.

Deleted
    Did all 8 going for Silver last night (decently quick pulls, but nothing reckless).

Beat every timer with about 10 minutes on the Silver timer, except for Bloodmaul where we fucked up a few pulls and ended up only beating it by 3 minutes.

Skyreach was easiest for us, Bloodmaul was hardest.