10+ Year Old Account

[ELE] Earthquake as part of Single Target rotation??

Not a lot of class guides out yet, but the one over at Icy Veins mentioned Earthquake being part of the single target rotation for Ele Shamans (if in full T16H gear). Even uses it in opening rotation. Is this something we should be keeping up at all times from here on out, even for single target? Love to see what theorycrafters have to say.

Also highest DPS 100 talent for single target? Thought it was supposed to be Storm elemental.

#BuffEleShamans #OurDamageIsTerribleAt100

Hmm, I've not done any research but it has such a long cast time, and even though it's buffed by Echo I want to say it's not part of the rotation, but I'd also like to see the #'s.

No.

It was in our single target rotation back in 6.0, at level 90 due to our rediculously high Mastery and Haste levels, but very low multistrike.

It was only an increase because at near BIS, you crossed over 200% mastery. We're far from that now.

Also, most of the damage from Earthquake comes from Chain Lightening hitting at least 3 targets, buffing it by up to 300% if it hits 5.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our highest DPS talent is Elemental Fusion, but Storm Elemental may be better if you have the primal elementalist talent, not 100% sure though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zixan View Post
    No.

It was in our single target rotation back in 6.0, at level 90 due to our rediculously high Mastery and Haste levels, but very low multistrike.

It was only an increase because at near BIS, you crossed over 200% mastery. We're far from that now.

Also, most of the damage from Earthquake comes from Chain Lightening hitting at least 3 targets, buffing it by up to 300% if it hits 5.
    At BiS people had 280% mastery or so .. >_>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaine View Post
    Our highest DPS talent is Elemental Fusion, but Storm Elemental may be better if you have the primal elementalist talent, not 100% sure though
    Seriously? Please just stop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Seriously? Please just stop.
    Stop what?

As said over-inflated mastery made EQ viable single on single target (was actually our second highest DPET spell) during the pre-patch for WoD. As of currently, you shouldn't cast EQ on single target, however with the way gear is scaling I wouldn't be suprised if it was at least DPS neutral on single target rotation in the raid tier after Blackrock Foundary.

Primal Elementalist doesn't increase the damage of Storm Elemental, it just increases its utility.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Primal Elementalist doesn't increase the damage of Storm Elemental, it just increases its utility.
    Well I didn't know that

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I wouldn't be suprised if it was at least DPS neutral on single target rotation in the raid tier after Blackrock Foundary.
    I'm inclined to agree with that, as it's likely that our Haste and Mastery levels will reach the point needed to push that level. The real question is at what point do we start adding a CL into our single-target rotation because the 60% EQ damage outweighs the difference between CL and LB damage.

Deleted
    Well I didn't know that
    Well you don't know a lot of things, yet you're spreading misinformation. Why? :|

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsen View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with that, as it's likely that our Haste and Mastery levels will reach the point needed to push that level. The real question is at what point do we start adding a CL into our single-target rotation because the 60% EQ damage outweighs the difference between CL and LB damage.
    I doubt we will realistically reach this.

In order for Earthquake to rise in ranks above our other spells, or even in line with them, Mastery has to proportionally increase relatively to all of the other stats, Meaning, we would have to gain significantly more mastery than any other stat for that to be viable.

In prepatch, at level 90, Its not because Mastery was so high, but it was because we has so much MORE mastery than any other stat.

Realistically, after Blackrock, we'll have more Multistrike than anything else (hopefully). So if we have 60% multistrike, we'd need close to 350% or 450% mastery to really make Earthquake useful enough for single target. In which case, our AoE would be incredibly broken powerful. Realistically, that will not happen.

Having the Chain Lightening perk makes it wo where we can increase EQ's damage without mastery, but seeing as CL has lesser Multistrike scaling, (which therefore causes haste and crit to be less represented as well) it would be a reasonable drop in damage to use single target, for the sole purpose for using an again low single target AoE spell.

Earthquake in our single target rotation back at 90 was a mathematical and situation anomaly in our damage model. Blizzard will seek to avoid that happening again for the sake of balance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Well you don't know a lot of things, yet you're spreading misinformation. Why? :|
    lol I got one thing wrong, sue me

Deleted
    lol I got one thing wrong, sue me
    You'll hear from my lawyers.