Thread: So...Karabor?

Deleted

So...Karabor?

I know this has been discussed in the past, but now that I've fully explored what was supposed to be the Alliance city it's such a damn shame that there's no reason to go there. I mean, it has to be one of the best looking things in all of WoW, and you do one quest there.

That's a lot of resources for nothing. It looks so damn good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, it feels very weird that the doors are all blocked off and the NPCs around the place do nothing.

Mistakes were made.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Yeah it's very sad that they scrapped Karabor/Bladespire.

I sort of get the feeling that it is mainly because Karabor was so much better than Bladespire (and IMO had potential to be best capital in WoW) that they didn't want Horde players whining about Allies having a better city. Plus they wanted to force people into their garrisons more, so made capitals a shitty generic alliance/horde camp and added trade chat to player garrisons

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Yeah it's very sad that they scrapped Karabor/Bladespire.

I sort of get the feeling that it is mainly because Karabor was so much better than Bladespire (and IMO had potential to be best capital in WoW) that they didn't want Horde players whining about Allies having a better city. Plus they wanted to force people into their garrisons more, so made capitals a shitty generic alliance/horde camp and added trade chat to player garrisons
    I actually felt like it was less, 'force people into garrisons' and more 'strongly encourage people to play in Ashran'.
    Honestly I thought they would have learned their lesson with Tol'Barad: Disconnecting chunks of content from the primary pieces of all other content is setting up the content to die out. Not to mention that a portal and an NPC announcing the start of a fight is enough to get people to queue up, as proved with WG.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

I'm hoping they do something else with it in later patches, otherwise it will have been a huge waste of potential imo. The place looks amazing and its not serving much of any purpose really.

Deleted
    At this point, I don't even see the point in scrapping it. Some people have said "well the garrison is now our city", but I still find myself hearthing to 'Ashran, which effectively is our main city, and walking back and forth between the auction house and the bank. And I have to go there for things like garrison blueprints, reputation vendors and profession recipes. So we still very clearly have a main city in the Ashran hubs, that fulfill the same function as the shrines, Dalaran, Shattrath, or any other city. Then there was the argument, that it would've taken too much time to finish Karabor and Bladespire, but that "they were designing the Ashran hubs anyway, so why not make that the city". I don't see the point in this argument at all. They had Karabor and Bladespire already set up, there would've been no need for the Ashran hubs, had they just put all the stuff from there into Bladespire and Karabor. It was merely a matter of putting the vendor NPCs in one place instead of another. Maybe some additional art assets, that are quite clearly being used in other Draenei and Ogre locations throughout Draenor, needed to be placed throughout the cities, but they also had to do that with Alliance/Horde buildings and objects on Ashran just as well. There clearly would have been no need for the Ashran hubs, if Karabor and Bladespire ended up being our cities. What would we have needed two places with vendors, portals, bank and auction house for? I just don't see the point. I don't even see what it does for PvP right now. So far I've seen no one attacking our hub, so what's the point? I just wanna know what the point was.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-11-20 at 10:17 PM.

I think it'll be a raid or a dungeon like, much like Shattrath.

Didn't Lore tweet once upon a time that even though it wasn't a capital city we would still be able to explore it and even HS in there?
    Now it's closed off?

/sigh

expect it to become raid content tbh

I'm glad that it isn't the capital; we RPers here on MG have it alk to ourselves, no trolls to get in our way. There's a server event for Alliance scheduled there for next weekend. I hope Blizzard does this more often; I remember when Dalaran and Shrines could've been good RP spots but were never used because of the OOC peoplw. Thanks Blizz for catering to us and keping them away this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I'm glad that it isn't the capital; we RPers here on MG have it alk to ourselves, no trolls to get in our way. There's a server event for Alliance scheduled there for next weekend. I hope Blizzard does this more often; I remember when Dalaran and Shrines could've been good RP spots but were never used because of the OOC peoplw. Thanks Blizz for catering to us and keping them away this time.
    Unfortunately the big RP servers benefit. The smaller ones out of luck.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Unfortunately the big RP servers benefit. The smaller ones out of luck.
    Thats why you transfer, or find a player from an active RP server to party up with and CRZ over to. That's how I'm able to attend both MG and Wyrmrest Accord event from a single toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Thats why you transfer, or find a player from an active RP server to party up with and CRZ over to. That's how I'm able to attend both MG and Wyrmrest Accord event from a single toon.
    ._. I can't just transfer dude...server is low-medium pop as it is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi