Few follower-related questions...

Haven't found any conclusive answers, figured I'd ask a few questions here:

1: The 20(25 with barracks) active-follower count, does it include followers who are working in your buildings? (in which case, to get max yield, you'd need almost half of your followers to be unable to do missions?).

2: Does green->rare->epic quality have any effect on the follower working in my building? Or can I safely assign green followers to them, and just build up my rare/epic followers for missions? (I know that their rewards scale with level, so say in the mine, you get +1 ore every 2 levels for a total of 10 ores per work order at 100).

3: Is there a decent "follower calculator" up yet? Somewhere I input all of my followers traits/abilities, that'll give me an easy overview of what my current setup can match (EG 3x interrupts, 4x dispell magic, 1x taunt, 3x timed battle and so forth, so I can see which ability I should consider getting rid of/getting to optimise the garrison). I don't mind doing the work by inputting all of the information, it's just a bit much to keep track of with 25 different followers in my head.

That's it, really. Thanks in advance .

For #1, yes it does include followers who are working in your buildings. For example, if you have 20 active followers (pre-Barracks) and set 1 follower at the Forge, that basically means you have 19 active followers who can participate in missions (or other buildings).

I'm interested to the answers for your 2nd and 3rd question as well!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post

1: The 20(25 with barracks) active-follower count, does it include followers who are working in your buildings? (in which case, to get max yield, you'd need almost half of your followers to be unable to do missions?).

Yes, your active follower count includes working followers, which sucks. So if you have ~4-5 followers working, you can only send out 15-16 followers to missions.

2: Does green->rare->epic quality have any effect on the follower working in my building? Or can I safely assign green followers to them, and just build up my rare/epic followers for missions? (I know that their rewards scale with level, so say in the mine, you get +1 ore every 2 levels for a total of 10 ores per work order at 100).

Itemlvl of followers doesn't change your workorder output or anything. Just the Level Counts!

3: Is there a decent "follower calculator" up yet? Somewhere I input all of my followers traits/abilities, that'll give me an easy overview of what my current setup can match (EG 3x interrupts, 4x dispell magic, 1x taunt, 3x timed battle and so forth, so I can see which ability I should consider getting rid of/getting to optimise the garrison). I don't mind doing the work by inputting all of the information, it's just a bit much to keep track of with 25 different followers in my head.

I haven't found something like this myself yet. I just made a small excel overview myself this week to decide which random follower to hire in the tavern...

10 chars...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    10 chars...
    I know item level doesn't, but uncommon / rare / epic quality is what I am concerned with on the followers on question #2 .

I know item level doesn't, but uncommon / rare / epic quality is what I am concerned with on the followers on question #2 .
    The only thing quality changes is the amount of abilities and perks. Quality by itself doesn't affect mission chances or building output.

Edit: So, lvl 100 green follower is perfect for a building.

Deleted
    Thanks for the nice info, yo.

I have a question as well: if i get a follower from rep, can i get it more then once? if i get it from rep, can it be randomly upgraded to Epic?

Quote Originally Posted by dawdiiio View Post
    Thanks for the nice info, yo.

I have a question as well: if i get a follower from rep, can i get it more then once? if i get it from rep, can it be randomly upgraded to Epic?
    No and yes. My frostwolf-rare upgraded to epic when I "learnt" him (scavenger, stamina etc - jackpot, really).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

As far as I have been able to tell - the following is true:

1. Already answered - yes they count.
    2. Quality does not matter, only level. Note that the number of items you get per work order does not scale with level - only the chance to get a bonus item. As an example:

A level 90 Leatherworking follower assigned to your Tannery will give you 2 Burnished Leather per work order 50% of the time, and 1 Burnished Leather per work order 100% of the time.
    A level 100 Leatherworking follower assigned to your Tannery will give you 2 Burnished Leather per work order 100% of the time. This scales by 5% additional chance per level.

Also note that the follower only needs to be present when you loot the actual work order(s) in order to receive the bonus. (They may also need to be there when you queue them - I'm not sure, but my procedure does this anyways.)

So, the method for leveling your profession followers is as such:
    1. Assign follower to building -> Queue up all work orders and loot any existing work orders.
    2. Remove follower from building and send on missions.
    3. Before queuing any additional work orders or looting any work orders at the building - assign your follower back.

I'm not sure if they are going to change this, but this is how it works now.

3. I haven't found a good calculator yet. I've pretty much just been brute forcing it.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

I did a small GoogleSheet to keep track of stuff level, ilvl, status, number of my guys working or available, the counters and trait. That way I can move them around activate / deactivate to ease the leveling process (not have too low or too high followers).

Since I can't send links yet, you can PM me if you are interested.

The status 2 column is what I want to have when everybody is 100. You might have to change a few of the trait that are random and of course the level of your own follower.

The rest is pretty much self explanatory .

This has helped me a lot to choose which one I want to keep and level up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellog View Post
    Also note that the follower only needs to be present when you loot the actual work order(s) in order to receive the bonus. (They may also need to be there when you queue them - I'm not sure, but my procedure does this anyways.)

So, the method for leveling your profession followers is as such:
    1. Assign follower to building -> Queue up all work orders and loot any existing work orders.
    2. Remove follower from building and send on missions.
    3. Before queuing any additional work orders or looting any work orders at the building - assign your follower back.
    Now that is very useful information. You've confirmed this yourself I presume? I couldn't find anything by either Blizzard or written in Garrison guides around the web.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refer you to this guide which not only answers your questions but also a few more that other people might also have.

In general, the quality of the follower only dictates how many abilities and traits that a follower has:

Uncommon - 1 ability & 1 trait
    Rare - 1 ability & 2 traits
    Epic - 2 abilities & 3 traits

Additionally, the guide shows how all followers can eventually become epic quality (hint it takes a long time).

Currently there are no indications that the quality of follower will affect building production, only follower level (as previously mentioned by other posters and on Twitter by Blizzard).

As for follower overview/calculator, this might be difficult as followers get random traits/abilities beyond their assigned ones.

The predefined followers have always at least one fixed ability and sometimes they might also have a fixed trait. The remaining free ability or trait slots allowed by quality are always randomized upon obtaining a follower or when the follower's quality gets upgraded.
    I suppose there might be a way to create an addon to monitor this.... maybe...
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Note: follower needs to be present when you open the crates to get the benefit. Follower presence when the order is placed is irrelevant.

You only need to open crates every couple days, so you can have all followers on missions all the time.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

I notice that once you use one of your followers in a "Bodyguard" role, you start gaining rep. 10 rep per kill with a max of 10K rep for each toon. That said, what happens (if anything) if you max the rep out?

You might like this addon: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/master-plan

Edit. Herbalism follower needs to be assigned to the hut before/when the herbs spawn. I noticed that I had random herbs because I had the follower on a mission. But the mechanic is a bit different from the rest of the profession buildings.
    Last edited by Ibis; 2014-11-24 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibis View Post
    You might like this addon: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/master-plan

Edit. Herbalism follower needs to be assigned to the hut before/when the herbs spawn. I noticed that I had random herbs because I had the follower on a mission. But the mechanic is a bit different from the rest of the profession buildings.
    I just installed that addon and it is GREAT! Helps alot.

You can see all the counters/traits etc.
    One button complete missions and you can check all rewards, this saves alot of clicking
    You can filter missions by counters/abilities you have.
    Last edited by Patife17; 2014-11-25 at 02:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BandX View Post
    I notice that once you use one of your followers in a "Bodyguard" role, you start gaining rep. 10 rep per kill with a max of 10K rep for each toon. That said, what happens (if anything) if you max the rep out?
    you can look that up under bodyguard perks @wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by BandX View Post
    You get perks like the ability to summon your party with a full-rep Bodyguard. The problem is that they are freaking stupid as all hell, and they will very easily get themselves killed, so the usefulness is suspect. This is particularly bad for Alliance, because the bodyguard that summons is a Prot Pally, and she insists on tanking everything. She gets owned very quickly. They need to add an option to put them on "passive follow" or something.

Deleted
    The activation limit of 1 per day and 250g is the biggest joke ever.

When I upped Barracks to 3, I had to wait 5 days and spend 1250 gold to activate followers one by one..