Thread: Ember Tap WoD

Ember Tap WoD

So, my question is how is Ember Tap performing in WoD compared to MoP, speaking in terms of PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanus View Post
    So, my question is how is Ember Tap performing in WoD compared to MoP, speaking in terms of PvP?
    We still have embertap?

It's been nerfed into the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    you have to burn all 4 embers tapping to get similar result to 1 tap in mop

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Considering our mastery is significantly lower than it was in SoO it makes sense. When we were in T14 ET was about as weak as it is now.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    I could heal 60% of my hp in one embertap in MoP my current embertap is 8% that isn't even half of 1 embertap with all 4 in Wod :\ the spell should be removed and give warlocks a slight increase on healthstones or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Considering our mastery is significantly lower than it was in SoO it makes sense. When we were in T14 ET was about as weak as it is now.
    Not even close to as weak as it is now, like so far from close it is drastically far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you prop it up with Searing Flames and Charred Remains, it is rather less bad. Not really any different from Drain Life being weak without it's supporting Talent and Glyph. Also, health pools are doubled so any healing is basically half what it was; that's where you should be comparing, not against the full thing.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2014-11-21 at 06:14 PM.

Ember Tap is a % health so the relative healing done by it is still the same. It's still been nerfed into the ground no matter which way you look at it.

Might as well not even have it. It's worthless.

Deleted
    But guys, we can heal our pet with Ember Tap! Who wouldn't prefer a whopping 1% heal for 1 ember over health funnel?
    JK, just let your pet die and insta-rezz him for the same cost.

Mildly angry about the current state of warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andarius View Post
    But guys, we can heal our pet with Ember Tap! Who wouldn't prefer a whopping 1% heal for 1 ember over health funnel?
    JK, just let your pet die and insta-rezz him for the same cost.

All classes have been hit hard by the state of healing and design flaws (except ret pallies and balance druids)

Yeah the 1% hp pet heal is just comical.

Add in that Ember Tap requires not one, but TWO talents, to even be remotely competitive, and you can't help but feel that absolutely no thought went into destro design at all.

Affliction suffers from the same fate with Drain Life too. Why on earth does Drain Life basically require both a talent and a glyph slot in order to be usable?

It's just such bad design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andarius View Post
    I no longer bother, left this class already. probably forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Yeah the 1% hp pet heal is just comical.

Add in that Ember Tap requires not one, but TWO talents, to even be remotely competitive, and you can't help but feel that absolutely no thought went into destro design at all.

Affliction suffers from the same fate with Drain Life too. Why on earth does Drain Life basically require both a talent and a glyph slot in order to be usable?

It's just such bad design.
    Unfortunately even if affi took those talents and glyphs it still heals a comical amount and because life drain does mediocre healing and less than half the dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    In pre-raid blues for MoP I could get 25 to 30% of my health with one tap. Ember tap got nerfed to the ground because of charred remains, instead of just making the talent reduce the effectiveness of ember tap. Not sure why they decided that had to be the case, but oh well. -.-
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Instead of having gimmicky on use heal abilities as a "main" defense mechanic that takes almost no skill to pull off, Blizzard should give us back real kiting tools that required us to plan some things.
    Seriously, do they not realize how boring it is to play "have nothing to run away but be able to tank shit to the face excessively"? Warlocks were still tanky back in Wrath and Cataclysm, but they had pasive tankiness and active defensive abilities centered around CCing and getting away. Not 4 different buttons to reduce/prevent/heal up damage.