Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No - because the final boss choice means a win for the individual (guaranteed loot) and a win for the group (encourage people to finish the run).

That's why the better loot/better chance/better reward has always been the last boss.
    This. I dont understand why people complain about this. Its 100% guaranteed loot or 3 loots to roll from last....

Good example of how you give players and inch, and they want a mile.

Give them a guaranteed drop from the final boss? Now they want to specify which boss they can use it on.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No - because the final boss choice means a win for the individual (guaranteed loot) and a win for the group (encourage people to finish the run).

That's why the better loot/better chance/better reward has always been the last boss.
    Could you please explain that logic, as I said I fail to see how the end boss having a guaranteed drop would keep anyone who has the mind set to leave once they've got what they want from leaving. If the end boss had loot they needed, they would stay even if the boss didn't have a guaranteed drop and if the end boss didn't have any loot they needed they would leave even if the boss had guaranteed loot so I fail to see a scenario where that guaranteed drop increases the amount of people that stay until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Good example of how you give players and inch, and they want a mile.

Give them a guaranteed drop from the final boss? Now they want to specify which boss they can use it on.
    I know, how dare we see a new system be implemented and discuss ideas on how it could be utilized to make the game more fun? What spoiled children we are, sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Back in my day... we didn't have guaranteed loot. If you had to run Shattered Halls 10 times to get the item you needed from there... you did it and were happy for the chance to do so.
    I see this argument all the time and I just don't get it, how is the fact you had to repeat the same content 10x "back in the day" even an argument? Take your nostalgia glasses of for a second because I played back in TBC to and guess what people asked for quicker/easier ways to get loot then as well! Once uve cleared the same dungeon 10 times trying to get that final piece of loot to finish your set you are no longer really enjoying that content your just trying to roll a 95 on a 100 sided dice so you can be done with it.

All I want, all I've wanted since TBC is a way to narrow the RNG and specifically farm my final few items a bit more efficiently because by the point of actually needing such a system I've already done every heroic atleast 5 times, already got 10 - 12 slots with HC pieces in them and just need that final 1 - 2 items which never seem to drop and it just becomes boring and frustrating playing dungeon-roulette trying to get them. I'm not asking for them to wrap the item up and mail it to me, just make it so I only have to roll 6 once, not get a Yahtzee.

This is awesome - The reason I hate PL is the amount of RNG involved, and I am very happy Blizzard addressed this issue.

I think instead of final boss, one boss randomly guarenteed to give loot would also be a good idea (and Nb4G, bosses randomly drop x2 loot), would open up more loot table.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if the guaranteed item is only from the final bosses' loot table or from the whole dungeon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Wonder if the guaranteed item is only from the final bosses' loot table or from the whole dungeon.
    Guaranteed item is end-boss only but you still have a chance at the items you want from normal bosses obviously =) It's not intended to combat people leaving but to combat people feeling an entire dungeon where NO loot drops for ANYONE (even trash nobody wants) seemed boring.

This kinda frightens me honestly..

It's fine that we get a 100% drop from the end boss, but a few weeks / months from now everyone will just be farming these for the bosses before the main one, once the end boss is here I feel most are going to drop

Rewarding 100% chance bonus loot from ANY boss when the dungeon is complete is a much better idea imo. It would take on average shorter to get all the useful loot you need from a specific dungeon. As opposed to getting all the loot you need from the last boss in 2-3 runs.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!