Doomguard interrupts

Hey guys, everyone is blazing through DG's which is great and I have noticed a massive increase in the people that like to announce what they have interrupted - and people like to review the Recount and proclaim being king of kicks.

I'm not too fussed about announcing stuff like that, but I have noted that Recount simply doesn't register any interrupts done with my Doomguard.

Do I need to configure something differently in order to get it to register a kick ?

Doesn't register them for Shadowfury either. Which sucks because, used well, you're probably interrupting two or three things with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    Hey guys, everyone is blazing through DG's which is great and I have noticed a massive increase in the people that like to announce what they have interrupted - and people like to review the Recount and proclaim being king of kicks.

I'm not too fussed about announcing stuff like that, but I have noted that Recount simply doesn't register any interrupts done with my Doomguard.

Do I need to configure something differently in order to get it to register a kick ?
    If you go into Recount settings and untick "Merge Pets w/ Owners" it should show the Doomguard interrupts.

So if they're feeling high and mighty about having the highest amount of kicks, you can give them a proper ego smackdown by linking when your pet is on top.

Doesn't register them for Shadowfury either. Which sucks because, used well, you're probably interrupting two or three things with it.
    Shadowfury is a stun and as such does not interrupt so it doesn't count as one.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Shadowfury is a stun and as such does not interrupt so it doesn't count as one.
    The spell is considered "interrupted" either way, and the same goes for when using abilities smartly to do the same thing such as Whiplash.
    At the end of the day is it worth being integrated into recount? No not really, but it would be good if other players could recognize what you're doing to keep others alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same goes for the dispell on for example the 2nd boss in UBRS. And then I get pointed at saying I don't interrupt or dispell, when it's the thing I do all the time since others don't do it...
    Should have a way to prove to the others in your group do did what had to be done.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Meh. Really good players will recognize what you're doing. Fuck the nerds with the look at me add ons.

The spell is considered "interrupted" either way, and the same goes for when using abilities smartly to do the same thing such as Whiplash.
    Yes the spell is interrupted in terms of the real world definition of interrupted. The spell is not interrupted in terms of the game's definition. In order for a spell to be counted as an interrupt the text "interrupts spellcasting" would be in the tooltip. This causes the combat log to trigger the "interrupted" event which is what meters are looking for when counting interrupts.