Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Am I the only rogue that likes Combat? I know it's not as great as the other two, but it's still sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Legalt View Post
    Am I the only rogue that likes Combat? I know it's not as great as the other two, but it's still sweet.
    I really enjoy combat too, only wish you had more survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Legalt View Post
    For PvP? I probably wouldn't have the guts to break stealth playing Combat.

Quote Originally Posted by dak1 View Post
    Note the difference above.

- - - Updated - - -

Subtlety has arguably the highest skill floor (the amount of skill necessary to start having minor success) in the game. It's extremely unforgiving and has a very nuanced play style.
    I have to admit, i played rogue in Cata, and picked it back up for WoD, and I am just trash at subtlety, i haven't found the energy/persistance to allow my self to be bad for however long it takes me to improve, I just find success comes much easier as Sin right now.

Sub is infinitely better than assassination right now and probably for the whole season. Assassination had one thing going for it: sustained damage with decent burst. Now assassination damage is pathetic and burst non-existent. BoS costs an arm and a leg for assassination to use, and the envenom "perk" has essentially nerfed pvp damage by a whole lot.

Sub is fine, a lot of combo points and energy to spare to use on things like stuns and BoS. Burst is still pretty low compared to last season, but still decent.

Combat is completely energy and combo point starved, making things like kidney shot and BoS enormously expensive. It really is not viable, you are gimping yourself by playing combat in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Sub is infinitely better than assassination right now and probably for the whole season. .
    lol...

Keep thinking that, you'll be proven wrong soon enough.

You are wrong dude. It's not infinitely better at all. Look at streams and you would know. Watch Reckful and see how little dmg it does compared to Mutilate. Then watch him play mutilate and actually have a chance to do big dmg. Now, sub might be better with more gear like conquest or season 2 but atm, Mutilate does do more dmg. Not to mention Sub is broken because of the advancing bleeds stick. The bleeds dont do enough dmg so advancing them isnt doing much. It barely tickles the more harder comps like anything involving a warlock or jungle or ret/hunter. Also, I'm playing it and I can see with my own eyes that even in a BG against idiots you can have the perfect setup with Sub and you will not kill anybody.

You saying that burst of Assass is worse than Sub is just crazy and it's clear that you have no clue what you are talking about. Also Assass has passive SnD which makes it infinitely better than previous expansions and rupture is 100% proc now for 10 energy which is way better than before and u can very easily apply at least 2 ruptures.

Something Sub does have is combo point regen with FoK in 3v3 it's insane when u are low on them. But Muti has a decent income of points aswell and isnt gimping the spec since u only press rupture and then go about your business.

Also, in doesnt matter what the 3v3 rakings say. Also it doesnt matter matter which spec you play since you arent the one doing most of the dmg in your comp anyway, it's the mage, the ret, the hunter, the dk that do the dmg.
    Last edited by Karry; 2014-12-06 at 01:32 AM.

Sub will get buffed if its underperforming dont worry.. Blizzard clearly intends for that to be the pvp spec.

Subtlety is awesome as always. The burst is just amazing but you have to set it all up. The spec is not necessarily hard to play, it is just a lot of maintaining of your buffs/debuffs and pooling energy when needed. It doesn't matter that Backstab hits like a wet noodle since our damage is from Dancing and Finishers.

If you can't be bothered to pay attention to your buffs and debuffs Assassination will always be better.