BG iLvL Boost is boosting blue pvp gear more than epic pvp gear

Does anyone know why in the battlegrounds, my blue 620ilvl PvP gear is being boosted to 705ilvl, while my epic pvp gear is only being boosted to 690? It seems odd, and I am wondering if it would make sense to just equip the blue version over the epic one since it will boost it higher. Also, why does it boost it to 705 when the tooltip says it boosts it to 675?

My epic item is a Warlonds S1 660ilvl PvP trinket which I got from opening an epic ashran crate, if this has any bearing on the answer. Thanks!.
    Last edited by Echelonl; 2014-11-22 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I saw this my assumption was that the blue 620 ilvl gear was that in open world pve, it boosts to 705 in battlegrounds, and if you enter pvp combat in the open world, they go to 675.

I'm not completely sure on that though. You're also really NOT supposed to have any epic pvp gear right now...assuming you're speaking of the conquest stuff, so maybe they lowered it before they remove it so that you can't use it to boost higher? Not completely sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    When I saw this my assumption was that the blue 620 ilvl gear was that in open world pve, it boosts to 705 in battlegrounds, and if you enter pvp combat in the open world, they go to 675.

I'm not completely sure on that though. You're also really NOT supposed to have any epic pvp gear right now...assuming you're speaking of the conquest stuff, so maybe they lowered it before they remove it so that you can't use it to boost higher? Not completely sure.
    I got the conquest trinket from the epic Ashran crate you get from winning. It can drop a few pieces of 660 pvp gear, unless that was an accident. I saw where some people were able to buy conquest gear but I heard blizz fixed that. But mine was just from lottery luck :P

Deleted
    I heard these are all visual bugs, and that the stats provided actually have been calculated correctly. So that epic gear (which yes, you shouldn't even have) does - I think - give better stats in spite of the stated ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, I heard that there was a visual bug with Elvui users and how it showed item level, but if you update to the newest version it will fix it.

Blizzard will be turning your epic into a regular blue when December 2nd hits.

Oh yes, I heard that there was a visual bug with Elvui users and how it showed item level, but if you update to the newest version it will fix it.
    Ah Alrighty! Thanks The trinket I got was from my first Ashran I was just running on my mount and it gave it to me, was pretty bizarre. So those crates weren't supposed to drop epic pvp gear?

It says 705 on the gear but if you look at your actual ilvl on the character pane it shows you only going up to 675.

Heres a even easier way to tell its not 705 in full 690 conquest gear you have 310k hp unbuffed, in the "705" gear you don't even have 300k.
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-11-22 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echelonl View Post
    Ah Alrighty! Thanks The trinket I got was from my first Ashran I was just running on my mount and it gave it to me, was pretty bizarre. So those crates weren't supposed to drop epic pvp gear?
    No, they didn't intend for them to drop epic pvp gear, or people to get conquest...before the season starts.

Oh yes, I heard that there was a visual bug with Elvui users and how it showed item level
    I'm not using ElvUI and it's just as bugged for me on the standard Blizzard UI. Isn't it for everyone? The stats shown om the different ilvls of PvP-gear on the default Blizzard UI aren't correct at all, when you equip them it's the complete opposite, if you know what I mean (During PvP, that is)

I'd ignore PvP-ilvl for the moment and just look at the PvE-ilvl on PvP-items, then it should be fine. But HELL it's confusing.

It's not actually scaling you up to 705/710, it's just a bug.

No, they didn't intend for them to drop epic pvp gear, or people to get conquest...before the season starts.
    This.

OP, your trinket will scale down to a blue soon.

After December the 2nd, the box will again drop epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's not actually scaling you up to 705/710, it's just a bug.

And this is the conclusion to the thread, its a tooltip bug, check your stats if you must.