Deleted

Stop giving me Satchels of Savage Mystery!

For some odd reason, most likely because their fix means that if at any time during a dungeon it becomes available you'll get it, I almost always get a satchel as both tank and healer. The thing is, there's nothing in there aside from a crappy rune that does nothing. By now these satchels feel like Blizzard is actively mocking me by giving them to me. I don't want them, I wont queue for them, I hate them.

What the hell were they thinking with these satchels?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the point in those runes.. Yay, +50 primary stat.. That'll make a difference.

I thought it was just a one-off thing for me so I did another, and yeah, twice I got JUST a rune. No extra gold, no flask/potion, no nothing except that rune. Not worth the annoyance of random dps in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just like the previous satchels. You have a small chance to get something useful, but usually you won't. If you really don't want to use the runes (even if it's small, it's still free extra stats), you can just consider it a small bit of bonus gold for completing the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I don't see the point in those runes.. Yay, +50 primary stat.. That'll make a difference.

I thought it was just a one-off thing for me so I did another, and yeah, twice I got JUST a rune. No extra gold, no flask/potion, no nothing except that rune. Not worth the annoyance of random dps in my opinion.
    You are joking right? 50 stats is essentially another enchant.
    It can still drop the mounts and stuff from the old days as well.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    It's just like the previous satchels. You have a small chance to get something useful, but usually you won't. If you really don't want to use the runes (even if it's small, it's still free extra stats), you can just consider it a small bit of bonus gold for completing the dungeon.
    At least from the ones I've gotten; No money. In previous expansions I'd get at least a singular flask (even if it wasn't useful for me, it was useful for a guildie).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I haven't tried, but doesn't it conflict with flasks? If it doesn't, then they're actually okay (Aaand mandatory for raiding!)

10+ Year Old Account
    At least from the ones I've gotten; No money. In previous expansions I'd get at least a singular flask (even if it wasn't useful for me, it was useful for a guildie).
    I meant from selling the runes. :P

Deleted
    They're worth around 4 gold, they don't last through death and 50 stats is completely abhorrent. Also there is nothing else inside these satchels. The old satchels had gold, flasks, potions, pets and sometimes mounts. The new ones have, 50 stat runes selling for 4 gold. They're a complete and utter sham. Especially the loot gold being removed is what annoys me to no end since I'm working on the 10.000 gold.

Currently instead of queueing for a dungeon to alleviate the 40-50 minute queues DPS have, these put me off big time.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Here's the thing. I've got about 20~ of them by now. The only thing I've ever gotten were runes. Nothing else, no loot gold, no potions, no flasks, nothing absolutely nothing else. They might aswell remove them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant from selling the runes. :P
    Eh, true I suppose.

Deleted
    The chance to actually get something seems miniscule though, I've get them almost every single last HC dungeons I run and there hasn't been anything in them but runes.

Eh, true I suppose.
    It's 4 gold. That's worth less than a single grey drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Currently instead of queueing for a dungeon to alleviate the 40-50 minute queues DPS have, these put me off big time.
    They don't put me off doing the dungeons, they just don't excite me, and I don't even look if there is a satchel before queueing up, because I just don't care.

- - - Updated - - -

The chance to actually get something seems miniscule though, I've get them almost every single last HC dungeons I run and there hasn't been anything in them but runes.
    Just like previously.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're worth around 4 gold, they don't last through death and 50 stats is completely abhorrent. Also there is nothing else inside these satchels. The old satchels had gold, flasks, potions, pets and sometimes mounts. The new ones have, 50 stat runes selling for 4 gold. They're a complete and utter sham. Especially the loot gold being removed is what annoys me to no end since I'm working on the 10.000 gold.

They can contain other things; it's a low chance, just like all the previous satchels.

Check how much the runes are selling for on the AH on your realm. Might be more worthwhile than selling them to a vendor.

Deleted
    They can contain other things; it's a low chance, just like all the previous satchels.

Check how much the runes are selling for on the AH on your realm. Might be more worthwhile than selling them to a vendor.
    "Can", the chance seems to be tremendously lower, they also removed the gold from them which annoys me the most, it was absolutely uncalled for especially seeing how much gold you get from other sources. And no, they don't sell on my AH at all. Too many tanks/healers generating them I guess.

Getting free stuff just for being a tank/healer and still complaining about it? Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Can", the chance seems to be tremendously lower, they also removed the gold from them which annoys me the most, it was absolutely uncalled for especially seeing how much gold you get from other sources. And no, they don't sell on my AH at all. Too many tanks/healers generating them I guess.
    I dunno, the highest chance for anything else to drop from Exotic Mysteries was 6% (for flasks).

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Getting free stuff just for being a tank/healer and still complaining about it? Seriously?
    If I sent you my turd droppings in the mail, you can't complain cause it's free stuff, right?

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    If I sent you my turd droppings in the mail, you can't complain cause it's free stuff, right?
    Definitely comparable and not at all a hyperbolic and idiotic comparison.

ITT: Stop giving me free gold and an additional enchant along with a chance at mounts/pets.

Deleted
    It's not "free", you're helping dropping DPS queues. If there wasn't a need for healers and tanks to queue you wouldn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Pretty much this.

Definitely comparable and not at all a hyperbolic and idiotic comparison.
    It's a pretty good comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftExE View Post
    ITT: Stop giving me free gold and an additional enchant along with a chance at mounts/pets.
    Did you even read? No really, did you even bother to read? There's no gold in them anymore, they've removed that. All there is now is that goddamn rune, which is worth nothing. And it's not an enchant, it's a trash 50 stat buff that lasts for an hour and gets removed on death. As for chance at mounts/pets, so far I haven't even seen a single pet and from Trade/Guild chat neither has anyone else and I'm somewhere at my 20+ ammount of bags by now.

I wish people would read before giving some dismissive "ITT" ignoring that what they claim was in that bag just isn't anymore.

Runes are required for high end raiding. They stack with flasks, and will provide a boost to progression. They are perfect for getting people like me to queue. I'm already a 642 ilvl healer just waiting for raids, but now I run heroics to get more runes for raiding.

As for gold, sell your rune. They sell for 100-500g each on my realm right now. (Illidan)