Anybody Else Finding the Bodyguards Kind of Squshy?

Bodyguards seem like a fun feature that needs a little more work. But when I use them they just drop dead fairly easily. I took a level 96 Paladin out with my 95 Feral and she falls flat anytime we hit a swarm of mobs. I had better luck with the Shaman caster bodyguard since he wasn't pulling aggro on everything.

Am I missing something obvious or is there really no way to even see their health in combat?

Yeah because they arent level 100 and dont have upgrades. So they get rekt against stronger creatures.

Other than setting them as focus target, I have not noticed a way to see their health in combat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, they are pretty useless and end up being more of a hassle than anything.

It's especially bad at 100 in the daily quest areas. I play on a PvP server, so sometimes opposing faction members will accidentally attack me through AoE/Cleave abilities (or I will accidentally attack them) and the retarded bodyguard will just keep attacking them and I have no way of taking them off. There really should be a way to control them, because as it stands they are essentially squishy pets that have even worse AI than regular pets.

Yes. I used the draenei tank for my mage, and while she was really great most of the time she would die randomly to 3-4 mobs very fast. Then she would go on cooldown for an hour and I had to go back and fetch her from the garrison.

Bodyguards need 2 things: scale with our ilvl and at least the tanks need some sort of in combat self healing. As things are right now only the ranged dps ones are mildly useful and safe to use.

As a warrior, I have to say that Leoragh is a life saver, even if he puts out crap damage. Being a class that has the most abysmal recovery abilities, plus being inserted into an expansion where normal world trash can actually kill yo; that healing... man.

I do agree though, that 1. We should be able to control our followers like a hunter pet, and 2. They should scale with us. Also, voice acting!

Deleted
    They need a pet bar to let us control them. And one of them should be made a healer, as my follower lasts longer than my mage player.

Does upgrading their armor/weapon effect their stats outside of missions, when you take them as a bodyguard? I find some of their wingman spells are very usefull. Especially being able to access my missions form anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Deleted
    If you equip them they wreck face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    As a warrior, I have to say that Leoragh is a life saver, even if he puts out crap damage. Being a class that has the most abysmal recovery abilities, plus being inserted into an expansion where normal world trash can actually kill yo; that healing... man.

I do agree though, that 1. We should be able to control our followers like a hunter pet, and 2. They should scale with us. Also, voice acting!
    You know, especially Leorahj with voiceover would totally sound like Khajit from Skyrim...
    I, now cannot stop read his quotes in their voce lol..
    Last edited by DaveL; 2014-11-23 at 11:57 AM.

they made them too simple, shoulda copy-paste right from Swtor.